Anne

[Xrd] News & Gameplay Discussion 2 - Console is Out!

They should be pure anticipation, with no visual cue whatsoever, though in this day and age I doubt that will happen. This is just more of my idealism. The entire point of throws is to defeat turtling, and they are already a strong defensive tool due to being instant, so any system that allows for breaking throws on reaction = booty, IMO.

This isn't just you. I agree completely.

If throws were meant for defeating turtle-ing... why is Standing Dust so darned more effective at it? :vbang:

Standing dust isn't very effective at opening up anyone with decent reaction timing. Unless you're playing online, of course.

Standing dust isn't very effective at opening up anyone with decent reaction timing. Unless you're playing online, of course.

I land standing dust even on FAB

Just because you can block a Dust in training mode doesn't mean that it's impossible to land in a proper match. It's always a part of the overall mix-up, so there are many ways to make it more surprising. And then there are characters like Ky and Millia...

Just because you can block a Dust in training mode doesn't mean that it's impossible to land in a proper match. It's always a part of the overall mix-up, so there are many ways to make it more surprising. And then there are characters like Ky and Millia...

Exactly you don't just spam them.

They work sometimes when you give them a meaty Dust while they were trying to wake up throw you.

Or as an evasion move like with Faust and Milla or low crusher like Zato.

Usually when I see players falling for 5D, it's because they're looking for other things. If someone's being predictable with 5D, they're probably going to find that their opponents stop falling for it pretty quickly.

At least, that's how it's worked in my experience.

Just to clarify, I never said people won't fall for 5D. Everyone falls for 5D sometimes. But it's not something you can rely on consistently to open someone up -- it's more of a move to use sparingly.

RIP Danger Time. I really liked that mechanic. It was so much fun. 

I'm curious about throw techs and the changes to Blitz Shield.

Usually when I see players falling for 5D, it's because they're looking for other things. If someone's being predictable with 5D, they're probably going to find that their opponents stop falling for it pretty quickly.

At least, that's how it's worked in my experience.

Just to clarify, I never said people won't fall for 5D. Everyone falls for 5D sometimes. But it's not something you can rely on consistently to open someone up -- it's more of a move to use sparingly.

This goes for every attack in the game beside Pot Buster. Lol

This goes for every attack in the game beside Pot Buster. Lol

Not really. There's a difference between moves you can react to, and moves where you have to guess, and it's not really a strict dichotomy either -- it's more of a spectrum. 5D is relatively easy to react to if you're ready for it. Other moves are difficult to react to even if you're watching for them (Millia's overheads, for example), and some moves you just have to guess (Pot Buster, Wild Throw).

My point is that 5D is well within the "reactable if you're ready for it" set of moves. Many other moves fall in this category, sure, but certainly not all of them.

I have heard that GGXrd Arcade cabs also have very shitty screens that lag by 2f. So 5D indeed gets more effective there :X

5D is interesting in that it's pretty much the de facto part of the game's designed high/low mixup, but if you use it in that manner, it becomes very easy to defend against, hence the whole joke about 5D only being unblockable in America.

What would be the practicality of the "powered up Blitz Shield" function they are adding? Since you can just counter Blitz it what is the point? Does the attack followup bust through Blitz Shields like supers do? Is it being added as a countermeasure against doing a delayed or chargeable attack after a successful Blitz Shield in order to bait an immediate counter Blitz and punish the person for not correctly punishing the counter Blitz with a throw?

Like how will this change things?

Considering the manual for the loktest mentions every important mechanic present to in the game, old or new, I think counter Blitz Shields are out and this new "powered up attack" thing is a default follow up to BS.

What would be the practicality of the "powered up Blitz Shield" function they are adding? Since you can just counter Blitz it what is the point? Does the attack followup bust through Blitz Shields like supers do? Is it being added as a countermeasure against doing a delayed or chargeable attack after a successful Blitz Shield in order to bait an immediate counter Blitz and punish the person for not correctly punishing the counter Blitz with a throw?

Like how will this change things?

We'll know in like 12 hours.

You know, I was just thinking, Danger Time may be gone for now, but that doesn't mean it's gone for good.

This is a Loketest, after all.

Also, in regards to Dust being "Unblockable in America", yeah I agree it can be that.  Not all of us have twitch-vision and reflexes from self-electrocution like Bruce Lee. :v:

Someone should make a "frame ometer" or something that determines how fast your fastest reaction time is in responses.

Fuck may and her ensenga

i want johnny ensenga

Tk ensenga. !

He better have his 6p air combo ability.

ugh 1 step forward two steps back

this crap better be 20$ max

This loketest cannot cone fast enough. Then again, this is the same old waiting game us westerners have to deal with:(

Really hoping there will be sneaked footage of Jack O' from the loketest. Her movelist really interests me with all the ghost placement and stuff.

If they removed counter blitz shield I think that would be bad. Unless the time is different for the initial blitz shield and it doesn't last as long *slash back style* makes the timing alot stricter. If that's not the case though and u can't counter blitz ni bueno

I know you guys are waiting for loketest info and such, but here's a quickie for those going to AX, yes, there will a chance to ask Q/A's and Autographs, oh, and yes, English too. Its Daisuke Ishiwatari giving a quick message. (I dunno if this is Xrd news releated or this goes in Zepp, but since there's Xrd stuff in the background...)

Anyways, carry on...