Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JackG

[CT] Hakumen vs V-13

I learned while playing this matchup the other night when you get an IAD in, be careful of what air normal you throw out j.C beats her AA 2C, but loses to 6A j.B beats her 6A, but loses to AA 2C both of which lead into fullscreen knockdown. X:

I learned while playing this matchup the other night

when you get an IAD in, be careful of what air normal you throw out

j.C beats her AA 2C, but loses to 6A

j.B beats her 6A, but loses to AA 2C

both of which lead into fullscreen knockdown. X:

J.C also eats 5C if not preformed perfectly.

she also has 2D, which in most cases you'll need to barrier/j.D.

How do you guys handle the gravitation field thingy? Hakumen is slow as it is, but when V-13 decides to use gravity field it's like time has stopped, I really can't seem to work out any good ways of getting out of it.

You can actually Shippu this on reaction

so this is kinda old news, but i'll post anyways because it hasn't been mentioned yet. when you block her 5DD, you can actually 6D (one frame counter) her incoming 4D. if you instant block the second hit of 5DD, you get a ten frame window, but you can do the counter without the instant block. unfortunately, if you're far away from her you don't really get enough time to dash in and punish, but if you're relatively close you can nail her with a 6C CH.

If you 6D her 4D you gain a bit of invul for a little advance, nothing to serious though

In this match, I tend to be looking for normals that push Nu away from you to give her better zoning and hi-lows, I've countered some Arc Impulse tactics too, but you really need to watch Guard Libra and use Barrier when needed. Once you're stuck in the air it's over. Also watch for them to try hitting low as you land, blocking low after a jump is something not many players do. j.B from air tech seems to catch Nu alot if they aren't watching where you tech. And Yukikaze works if you know her strings. Dash-in 214C can punish gravity field too.

It slows moves like running, falling (for her combos), or forward travelling like 236A or 623A, but Haku's Hop specials seem mostly immune.

If you 6D her 4D you gain a bit of invul for a little advance, nothing to serious though

you gain meter and you're not letting her mix you up for free off her bnb midscreen pressure. and, if you instant block the second hit of 5DD, not only do you gain more meter, but you gain an additional ten frames to input your counter (with that much time you can do 5D and if she's close enough catch her with that!).

when you 6D her 4D she's in recovery for quite some time (i can't tell if it puts her in hitstop or not, though i don't think it's the case) and although at further ranges you can't punish, at least she's not able to retaliate.

depending on your range, you can either punish with CH 6C -> shippu, CH guren -> 6C -> shippu, or you can close the gap with either kishuu or iad.

seriously, i think this is going to be a staple of my strategy in this matchup. i mean, what the fuck else am i going to do?

Does anyone else find the gravitational circle and her ability to move at mach 5 speeds a bit too much to her attack repertoire? I mean is it not enough that she doesnt even need to get close to you to eat you alive? Now she can instantly get across the screen and/or keep you from moving with a gravity circle?:vbang:

Does anyone else find the gravitational circle and her ability to move at mach 5 speeds a bit too much to her attack repertoire? I mean is it not enough that she doesnt even need to get close to you to eat you alive? Now she can instantly get across the screen and/or keep you from moving with a gravity circle?:vbang:

In theory this move is good against characters like Hakumen, but if Hakumen does an IAD while she's throwing it out there and you're relatively close, you can get a huge CH j.C combo with Hakumen. V-13 has enough safe midscreen pressure/mixup with the addition of getting out of messy situations with Act Pulsar that gravity wells just aren't worth it.

the only positive i can say about this match is at least its not arakune

QFT.

This match(vs someone with skill) is either very, very close, or clearly one sided.

It sucks because this match is entirely dependent on Nu making 2-3 mistakes. At least, in my experience. Feels like it comes down more to being mid range and baiting a 2D from her rather than being more skilled.

QFT.

This match(vs someone with skill) is either very, very close, or clearly one sided.

It sucks because this match is entirely dependent on Nu making 2-3 mistakes. At least, in my experience. Feels like it comes down more to being mid range and baiting a 2D from her rather than being more skilled.

yeah pretty much

i mean it doesn't help that she has 2 bursts

but you know

just gotta deal with it :eng101:

yep. there's really nothing this bitch can't capitalize on, not even your bursts.

I'm pretty sure by 2 bursts he meant one for each round (assuming you get a win and proceed to a second round when she could burst.)

but being midscreen + bursted against nu is the absolute worst possible situation you can get yourself in

So I had a chance to play A LOT of skilled nu players. Looking at one of my matches i had her in the corner and landed a 5d from that point on she was able to win. I can occasionally beat nu players but I am wondering if 2d and 5d are ideal against nu since it allows her to escape. But even if you safely block her attacks close range she use her mach speed to get across the screen. I'm guessing the only time 5d and 2d should be landed is when there is enough magatama's for shippu.

Her Ds 6C 2C and C are what do the warp dash, she can't really crossup or combo well with it, only have you make mistakes or escape to throw.

She has frame advantage after act pulsar, so it's technically unpunishable. also, if you get hit by 5dd, she can act pulsar and continue the combo. From all sorts of ranges it can ambiguously cross up.