Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaRealZil

[Xrd] Leo Whitefang vs Ramlethal Valentine

I constantly find myself chasing a ramlethal thats just instant air dashing back and casting swords, I've ve tried to use 236H to close the distance but that doesn't seem to work well, outside of that cant figure out how else to catch her. Any ideas?

Im also having major troubles with this matchup. The ram im playing against is decent..

Not mashy, but abuses movement and swords and just basically airdashes around and then sets swords and then waits for swords to go active and goes in on me... Its extremely flowchart and the kicker is that rams f.S destroys leos f.S (rams is a frame faster) and it destroys leos HS plus the worst thing, ram has a run whereas leo doesnt.

And lol... Shes a keepaway character with a command grab that she can combo off of... Idk but leo feels really sluggish here and having little mixup isnt helping at all. The ram just sits in block all day and waits to poke out with 2k. Most of my 6H pressure gets thrown...on reaction if it came from 5H.

Not having an overhead is really cramping my style with this character.

And the worst part of all, i cant full rekka anywhere close to the corner because ram bursts the second hit and puts me in the corner and she generally gets advantage.

Random thoughts... What happens if you play like Guile in street fighter here. Dash or airdash to her... But Use perfect defense dash-brake when swords are out. Remember they have a delay so learn her sword attack timings. Throw projectiles at her and don't worry about chasing too much. If she air dashes over you... Wait and use the autocorrect flashkick type move.

No experience here, just thoughts.

I god damn hate this match up! Gotta be my least favorite, it feels almost impossible. Even extremely bad rams give me a hard time lol ahhh give Leo a damn run!

I god damn hate this match up! Gotta be my least favorite, it feels almost impossible. Even extremely bad rams give me a hard time lol ahhh give Leo a damn run!

Well once you get in its over.

If the try to zone you with both swords fullscreen wait for a gap (there will be one) and go in you just gotta be patient. Neutral Yrc is your friend if they try jumping around just outside poke range (this is the approach I go with if I have a life lead lots of Leo's start throwing out dumb stuff and get hit by 2S/HS sword) you aren't in serious danger unless your near a corner.

Also learn the startup motion if her overheads. And learn the way her swords work and respect the if they're deployed near you. As a ram main I can say 1 or 2 mistakes can cost the match against a knowledgeable leo.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was over when you get in once, but that's not really the case unless the Ram player has very weak defense, Leo pressure isn't that great against characters with 4f normals like Ram's 5P.

That kind of move combined with IB, it forces him to block after moves like 6K or 2S that are usually his main pressure resets, 4f normals also punish 236S on IB which is really a problem for him.

Neutral YRC in indeed interesting against her like many other hard matchups where he have trouble getting in, sadly in that kind of matchup, Leo don't build that much meter in neutral, especially as you're forced to FD break a lot, so you won't be able to use it that often.