Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loli-Zero

[XRD] Slayer Combo Compendium (WIP)

And the tail projectile still comes out?? Hahaha that sounds hilarious

got this on milia sorry if it's been written :  ch p pile> 6h> p pile rrc k pile > k pile > 5h > k mappa . difficulty to land the 2nd k pile the first has to hit her in a certain height . 306 d hhh :) ch pile hurts in this game  

in corner normal 2H > 5K > EW > 6H > k pile > 5H >2H > cs > jKD 291d on milia normal hit son!!!  man i miss BBU ( getting back to AC+R :) )

works on girls + sin + ky  hard on sol venom

Make sure you are 2147K out of the forward dash from the D6. Then just grind out the timing.

In my mind, I time it at the end of the dust cinematic, before I even see the camera return to normal.

Oh, I can't believe I never thought of doing tk motion. It's so logical.  I did it on the first try, it's really easy, thanks :)

I've got a relaunch combo off throw that works midscreen and sometimes corner on a decent number of the cast so far as I've seen (haven't tested on everyone). Not sure if it's optimal, but relaunch combos are cool so fuck it.

Throw RC > 5H jc > j.SHD2K > j.KD land > SS jc > j.KD (can get a different ender depending on character, I've found j.KD to work on most characters.

So far I've found it to work on AX (end in j.SHD, 157 damage), BE (end in j.SHD, corner seems iffy, has a corner relaunch off throw with 6P anyway), CH (end in j.KD, seems pretty finnicky with the relaunch part, couldn't get cl.S without OTGing a lot), MA (end in j.KD, works corner and midscreen, 156 damage), MI (end in j.SHD, 178 damage), PO (have to do j.KSHD2K > j.PD > land SS jc > j.SHD, 136 damage), RA (have to use j.PD after j.SHD2K, end in j.KD midscreen for 154 damage, end in j.D in corner for 153 damage), SI (midscreen end in j.SHD, 156 damage, corner uses j.PD instead of j.KD for consistency and ends in j.D, 152 damage. Also has throw RC 6H > P Dandy X-wise into stuff for a little more damage but haven't been able to get a knockdown), SL (can get midscreen throw relaunch, but it seems really inconsistent and I haven't been able to do it more than once), VE (midscreen end in j.KD, 153 damage, corner end in j.SHD, 154 damage), ZA (corner and midscreen end in j.KD, 161 damage).

Still working out how to get a lot of these to be consistent and there may be characters I missed, but that's the gist of it.

I've got a relaunch combo off throw that works midscreen and sometimes corner on a decent number of the cast so far as I've seen (haven't tested on everyone). Not sure if it's optimal, but relaunch combos are cool so fuck it.

Throw RC > 5H jc > j.SHD2K > j.KD land > SS jc > j.KD (can get a different ender depending on character, I've found j.KD to work on most characters.

So far I've found it to work on AX (end in j.SHD, 157 damage), BE (end in j.SHD, corner seems iffy, has a corner relaunch off throw with 6P anyway), CH (end in j.KD, seems pretty finnicky with the relaunch part, couldn't get cl.S without OTGing a lot), MA (end in j.KD, works corner and midscreen, 156 damage), MI (end in j.SHD, 178 damage), PO (have to do j.KSHD2K > j.PD > land SS jc > j.SHD, 136 damage), RA (have to use j.PD after j.SHD2K, end in j.KD midscreen for 154 damage, end in j.D in corner for 153 damage), SI (midscreen end in j.SHD, 156 damage, corner uses j.PD instead of j.KD for consistency and ends in j.D, 152 damage. Also has throw RC 6H > P Dandy X-wise into stuff for a little more damage but haven't been able to get a knockdown), SL (can get midscreen throw relaunch, but it seems really inconsistent and I haven't been able to do it more than once), VE (midscreen end in j.KD, 153 damage, corner end in j.SHD, 154 damage), ZA (corner and midscreen end in j.KD, 161 damage).

Still working out how to get a lot of these to be consistent and there may be characters I missed, but that's the gist of it.

already did that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9_5nDbruM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU2zEocz1zM

I meant it more as a midscreen combo that might also work in the corner. Didn't test whether doing relaunch off throw in the corner using 6P would work on all of the characters listed. Based on your videos, though, there's probably a pretty good chance there's more optimal midscreen throw combos on the characters that the relaunch works on.

Corner cS fS EW > 5H > Air combo

Works on everyone but 5H does not combo on PO BE. Damage is better than Mappa RC and keeps tension gain normal.

(Air hit) CH P Pile > 2D > cS / 2P

Followup after 2D depends on hurtbox. Seems like it's only characters with wide or tall hurtboxes. Air height for the Pile hit varies greatly between characters unfortunately. 2D must also hit with the front of the foot

1. What's the most damaging combo off 5D midscreen?

I'm aware that's midscreen 5D is pretty a bad midscreen starter/mixup and that if I have to use it I may as well score a jD knockdown with the routes in the OP but sometimes I feel like I'd just rather go for max damage if I manage to land a 5D.

2. What's the "best" aerial route? or, what are the aerial routes I should be aware of?

I've seen so many variations of Slayer's aerial route that I find it a bit confusing.

Like, is there a trick to comboing jD > jc > jS? I often feel like I drop it because of height but then it also feel more consistent if I delay jc jS...

2. What's the "best" aerial route? or, what are the aerial routes I should be aware of?

I've seen so many variations of Slayer's aerial route that I find it a bit confusing.

Like, is there a trick to comboing jD > jc > jS? I often feel like I drop it because of height but then it also feel more consistent if I delay jc jS...

"Best" in terms of optimal damage is the Hase variation a.k.a j.D dj combos. I have NEVER found Hase's variation isn't the optimal damage wise on all combos I've ever tried.

I rarely use it because I play on consistency and for me it's not consistent enough unless it's specific easy situations that you can always practice like raw CWH, throw RRC, corner 6P etc etc. I prefer the j.SHD2K route most of the time especially from stray hits.

j.D, dj.S is a bit character specific if I'm not mistaken such as Sol because of his iffy hitbox. I use dj.P on most characters or dj.K if the scaling allows it.

11 Pilebunkers. Didn't know corner CH P Pile bounced high enough for another P Pile, useful for RISC combos but I think it might not be possible on heavyweights.

https://youtu.be/SLtoAUEUFGw

I'm resuming work on the Evernote. Right now I want to add some basics like meterless Helter Skelter jH, CH/Meaty 6K, and CH Mappa into 2D

Edit: Corner CH Mappa > 2SH seems interesting

Every character has a CH Mappa to 2D combo

Since RC's freeze tension for ~5 seconds and Overdrives don't, have you guys played around with using an Overdrive for your first big opening rather than a RC?  You lose a little damage, but you get building towards that next 50% much faster.

Chain into DOT is simple enough.  Combo'ing a standing grounded opponent into the air overdrive is simple, too, and gets you a little more tension gain on the follow-up chain -> knockdown.

Is it possible to get a combo after a ground chain to Eternal Wings midscreen?  Maybe Mappa linked into 5P or something like that?  If so, seems like you could build a fair chunk of change and still get corner push and a knockdown without freezing your tension gain.

Since RC's freeze tension for ~5 seconds and Overdrives don't, have you guys played around with using an Overdrive for your first big opening rather than a RC?  You lose a little damage, but you get building towards that next 50% much faster.

Chain into DOT is simple enough.  Combo'ing a standing grounded opponent into the air overdrive is simple, too, and gets you a little more tension gain on the follow-up chain -> knockdown.

Is it possible to get a combo after a ground chain to Eternal Wings midscreen?  Maybe Mappa linked into 5P or something like that?  If so, seems like you could build a fair chunk of change and still get corner push and a knockdown without freezing your tension gain.

it's possible in certain conditions check my vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZkVIoM-RXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAI-NZmjDPA

and you can do this in corner from a certain distance works easy on light , sin , ky diff on sol ve  2H > 5K > EW > 6H > k pile > 5 H > 2H > cs > jKD

hope you like it :)

it's possible in certain conditions check my vids

Yep!  That's basically what I was hoping to see.  It looks like some of those combos are leading to almost 25% meter back by the end of the follow-up.

yo first i watched this one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2zoSmV_IU&feature=youtu.be

like many times. and thanks alot for making it. tho i have a few questions cuz am screwing up. some easy stuff

video was really good tho. just wondering might be me being slighty an airhead as well.....;_;

my current to do list hopefully somebody can help

decent 5D(up) staple that work on entier cast(most of it)????(I have seen some really crazy ones)

corner 5D(forward) 5s-6h-kpile-5h-2h-c.s/5k/5p   j.c jshd2k-jd(this last part with the air juggle part. is very unreliable in longer combos spesificly if am RRC out of some of the easier combos

and should i use the kcross-5h-j.c-jshd2k-jd for corner carry? or is there something better?

thanks a bunch. also

Corner CH Mappa > 2SH

Standing

After P Mappa only - SO MA MI

After P or K Mappa - everyone else

Crouching

After P or K Mappa - All but RA

After P Mappa - Can use 5H 2H instead of 2SH

General followup is 5K > jK delay jD on lightweights; 5K > jK2K-D on rest.

Easily does 50% more damage than Mappa 5K Mappa, better practice!

CH Helter Skelter > jH > 2S

SO KY MA CH PO VE BE LE

Used when you fail to confirm CH

General followup is sjKD or jK djD

2S hits Faust but no followup seems possible

5P/2P into 2D

5PPK 2D - All characters

5PPPK 2D - KY PO EL BE LE

2PPD - All characters

2PPPD - KY FA PO EL BE LE

Standing only - MA RA

Crouching only - SO CH SL AX VE ZA SI

2PPSD - KY MA CH FA AX PO EL BE

Standing only - IN

Crouching only - SO VE ZA SI RA

decent 5D(up) staple that work on entier cast(most of it)????(I have seen some really crazy ones)

corner 5D(forward) 5s-6h-kpile-5h-2h-c.s/5k/5p   j.c jshd2k-jd(this last part with the air juggle part. is very unreliable in longer combos spesificly if am RRC out of some of the easier combos

and should i use the kcross-5h-j.c-jshd2k-jd for corner carry? or is there something better?

5D(up) is relatively character specific. It may be easier to learn midscreen 5D(forward); I think 5D(forward) jKPK djSHD works on everyone

For corner 5D(forward), I prefer to end at jSHD. This is more consistent and also lets me go into j2K IAD

K Cross is decent corner carry. On some characters (SO CH, more?), you can do P Cross > 5H K Mappa > 5S > air combo for more corner carry.

Scrub question incoming:

what's a HD? or I've just seen "J.SHD" written. 

Is it simply a choice of input, like I can do J.  S, H or D? 

idk if this has been explored, but Throw RC KStep PB works on Ram, Millia, I-No, Elph, and May in the corner.

Also CH PPB on higher jump arcs can link into KPB. I'll mess with that a bit more and see what I can get.

idk if this has been explored, but Throw RC KStep PB works on Ram, Millia, I-No, Elph, and May in the corner.

a.k.a lights only. It's max dmg for throw RC in corner on lights.