Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

Bedman Q&A/FAQ thread: People play this guy I swear!

j.D doesn't give anything outside of specific setups that either require meter or only work on certain characters.  Also, because of how fast 883j.K and 883j.H (wiff) 2K are, this is still overhead/low mix-up.  Grab also gives nerveless reward and good damage (130+ dmg corner combos is really good especially since you can boost that by cranking RISC).

From the wiki

c.S > 5H(2) > 1H > 993 j.P > 236H > 2P c.S 236H (elp, may)

I have hard time connecting the Task C after jP..any tips or tricks ??

There's two different timings for both El and May.  With El it's pretty lenient and you can do it with almost no timing.  May you have to delay the 993j.P a pretty good amount.

Dunno if anyone mentioned this before but

if you know you're getting a CH punish, by doing 2k, 5k or 6p before c.s you don't have to delay the j.s after j.p, like with j.d rc route. With 6p you get the optimal damage, but as far as I know you can't do the 2p c.s pickup after j.k6j.ks 236h followup.

On 1/30/2016 at 0:34 PM, Tiamat said:

1 for something that is usually reliable I suggest f.S 236H

back to burst punish..

Some times the burst push back on block makeT.C whiff.. how about this alterntive combo "if befddy were too far" 

5S.jK.jS.jc.jK.jS.Air Task B..??

Any way to get this type of thing to work on Elphelt/Jack-O/Faust if they're crouching initially?  Pretty sure their crouch hitboxes are too small to be able to do it effectively, but I just want to confirm.

Is there a reason to do this on crouching opponents?  Usually the mix-up happens after the j.D, if you already hit them with the j.K, you should just confirm with j.P/2P, especially on those characters

Was just considering it as an option over something more common, like jK > jP > jP, even though that option basically just autoconfirms for you and works without issue on the cast.  Obviously if the jK connects, you've got better buttons to be hitting to confirm with, but if jK connects and you still go for jD, it'll confirm and just put you back into position for jK > jP > jP.

But yeah, unless those three are already standing (or get hit by the jK), the jD will just whiff, so it's probably just better to go for jP after jK, like you mentioned.

It's killing me that no Bedman info was changed in Loketest 2... Are they really making him useless?