Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

Bedman Q&A/FAQ thread: People play this guy I swear!

Me and my stupid English..sorry.. :sweat: :sweat:

I'm not totally sure I understand the questions.

1.  You mean what do you do after DV Task B and DV Task C if you can't YRC?

A - You mean it doesn't let you attack right away from the teleport?  I have noticed it feels like there is lag time if you are already doing something when you teleport but I'm not sure on specifics.  Air DV A' is better because it won't miss them even if they are crouching.  

B - If Task A' or DV task A' connects from behind bedman will teleport closer to the opponent than he does from the front.  For example, from the front you can combo 2K to 5H (1 hit) but if it connected from behind you will be closer and 2K 5H (2 hit) will be possible.

1- Yes i wanna know my non-meter options especially after DV Task C..
 2-
A- Yeah i meant that weird lag time after teleport..
B- My point was about the lag time in this situation which is less than above.. nice example though..

Me and my stupid English..sorry.. :sweat: :sweat:

1- Yes i wanna know my non-meter options especially after DV Task C..

2-

A- Yeah i meant that weird lag time after teleport..

B- My point was about the lag time in this situation which is less than above.. nice example though..

1 - After DV Task C, you can either go for high low left right mix-up if they respect u, or simply block for a bit to block their attempt to mash at u and stop the DV and wait for it to fall. There's also the choice to just walk up and throw them if they are crouching cause the 1st hit of DV Task C will wiff if they are.

2- The time lag often occur when u are in recovery frames of moves when DV A' hit i think. There's time when i try to just DV A' without YRC and go for j.D, the A' hit right after the j.D connect and since i'm in recovery of j.D the recovery frames carried over ? It might not be the case but i think it's the most likely reason.

It's cool Lynxfort 8)

After DV Task C if you have no meter

- 2D as they get up. the DV will combo from the 2D and knockdown. If they try to jump on wakeup this works well.

- walk grab them before DV hits

- forward jump with air FD. Will let you block reversals and if they block the DV you will land really close and can 2K when you land,.or try tick throw, 6H crossup, or j.D

- do air task A'

I don't really understand the teleport recovery so I can't help with that. Just experiment in training mode and see what works.

It's cool Lynxfort 8)

After DV Task C if you have no meter

Fun fact: Against Sol in the corner you can do IOH jD jHS -> aerial 236S -> grounded 236S 

It's very silly and does a lot of damage. 

About YRC DVB mix up..

What i do :
1- YRC DVB.7.8.3.JS.5S.5H.Task B ..jumping back"7"  so jS hit.
2- YRC DVB 7.8.3.2S.5H Task B
In both if the opp hit by DVB you can somehow confirm the jS.or 2S "2S on juggles airborne opp" to 5H.Task C.

Is there better options ??

Any advice for protecting the Sheep (and myself) once it's out?

A lot of people now seem like they can dance around Hemi Jack and hit me without any problems.

Also some good "post-Jack" combos (on dizzy) would help me too.

Hemi shouldn't really be used casually... its not like "oh, I got 50 meter, time for unblockablz!" The only valid way I've seen it be possible to use guaranteed costs 100 meter.

I usually only use it when I feel I'm full screen away and feel safe enough to use it and feel like the other guy is avoiding me.  Typically I use 75% meter (YRC it for safe measure).

What I'm talking about is, what to do "once it's out"?

once it is out the main thing to do is not get hit :P  

I think you'd generally be better off just spending it on 236P YRCs when you have a lot of meter.  It gives you a lot of control during the neutral when you use it.  

You can easily get sheep out now if you sacrifice some damage, do a combo that end in Air task B that throw the opponent on the other side of the screen and immidiately use Hemi Jack after u recover, proceed to poke, DV the task B and keeping yourself safe in order for Hemi to do it work.

Why would u need 100 meter for the setup, after task B u end up on 2 side of the screen and they are even knocked down for a while, if you start up  Hemi the moment u land even if you don't YRC the opp won't be able to immidiately get to you, and YRC'ing will only take 75

The legit setup displaying that didnt use a YRC though. It used a RRC. Also, he used a combo into an early task C which stopped them from moving when he used the DV afterwards, which that combo might have been only applicable on Sol (I tried it on a few other characters).

Oh that one .. I'm taking about the generic combo where you go from 1H straight into tk task B or j.ks task B, as it still throw them to the other sides. Also i'm pretty sure u can make task B to throw them out on the other side after the Air Task C if you confirm 1H into sj.XXX

What I mean is that the way that combo was laid out was that it leaves a grounded task C DV seal right next to them. I'm sure that people could possibly get them hit still, but the video was practically guaranteed from fullscreen.

Why would u need 100 meter for the setup, after task B u end up on 2 side of the screen and they are even knocked down for a while, if you start up  Hemi the moment u land even if you don't YRC the opp won't be able to immidiately get to you, and YRC'ing will only take 75

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3nsQ96Y50

Because if you don't they can airdash towards you on recovery usually.

What's funny is the followup combo+ DV seal he used there actually builds 50 meter back.

definitely seems situational.

I'm already aware of the vid.. yes they will get up before we finished recovering from hemi completely but will they be able to cover that much space that fast. I'm sure we recover fast enough to punish any reckless approach. That vid is a guarantee 100 meter set up, which face it, rarely gonna happen

You cant play him like any other character because of his movement specifically. First thing, double tap up is a must to learn. His unnatural airdash will kill you if you try to IAD. Second, learn that YOU CAN'T DASH. Either space with f.S or zone with 1/2/3HS or play air to air with float movements. Almost all of Bedman's standing normals are jump cancellable, making them safe on block. His 1/2/3HS series is also jump cancellable, so always wither jump or special cancel it (usually with 236P). Another strong movement tool is pretty much any YRC'd special. Air task A YRC gets a projectile out and you can close in. Air task B YRC sends you flying really fast across the screen, and Task C YRC is a great AA bait.

In general most of your "mobility" will be in the air, but you cant win a match by just 886'ing your way in. Even if it is tough for some characters to call out 100% of the time, Bedman's defensive options have significant drawbacks (backdash is long, forward dash is 3f startup and throw punishable, Helios is throw punishable, DAA is very bad on block).

I'd like to ask a question, and I apologize if its somewhat vague.

I've been working on picking Berman up for a few weeks now and am trying to figure out a good training idea for him. Been going through most of the set ups people have on here and trying to work in some of my own. 

I guess I'm mainly asking how people who have stuck with him so long what are some things to try and work with him in the lab, and what you may do in matches to just feel for comfortable using him? Sorry if that's worded poorly.