Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alecmerkel

Millia Basics

Updated the combo list, again.

Two things I discoverd today:

1) delayed IAD is useful if the opponent is highger than Millia, while IAD > delayed ender is useful if the opponent is lower than Millia.

2) In the Dust combo, for the knockdown to be effective there are two conditions:

a) The maximum number of hits in the combo is 7.

b) The three hits of j.H must connect.

The hardest thing I'm finding to do with Millia at the moment is her air combos and IAD combos. Maybe I'm doing the wrong sequence of attacks or something. After a successful 2H, I usually go for j.k~j.p~j.k~j.D~air dash~j.S~j.H

I can't seem to consistently get the air dash after j.D. I'm getting really annoyed at dropping this combo.

Yes, 2366HS is great, though some might find it tricky at first.

After a grab or 2D knockdown, calmly input 236, and then just tap and hold 6. It might seem like you have to rush it, but even doing it slowly will work. 

Yeah I'm definitely finding it tricky. When I hold 6, it ends up giving me 6HS instead of the spinner.

Any tips on how to get this down?

The hardest thing I'm finding to do with Millia at the moment is her air combos and IAD combos. Maybe I'm doing the wrong sequence of attacks or something. After a successful 2H, I usually go for j.k~j.p~j.k~j.D~air dash~j.S~j.H

I can't seem to consistently get the air dash after j.D. I'm getting really annoyed at dropping this combo.

I think the problem might be more so to do with the first string ( j.k~j.p~j.k~j.D), jK elevates the opponent, and though I haven't tried this on all sizes of characters, if your not tight someone like chip can tech and at best if you do land the combo jH will not hit 3 times. jK>jS.jD is consistent with better damage output

Yeah I'm definitely finding it tricky. When I hold 6, it ends up giving me 6HS instead of the spinner.

practice it outside of a combo, 236, 6, then you have to release 6 before pressing 5H, otherwise you will get 6H instead of Tandem.

I think the problem might be more so to do with the first string ( j.k~j.p~j.k~j.D), jK elevates the opponent, and though I haven't tried this on all sizes of characters, if your not tight someone like chip can tech and at best if you do land the combo jH will not hit 3 times. jK>jS.jD is consistent with better damage output

practice it outside of a combo, 236, 6, then you have to release 6 before pressing 5H, otherwise you will get 6H instead of Tandem.

1)I don't think the issue had anything to do with the string. j.K-P-K-D -> IAD dj.P-H works on most characters if it's early enough in the combo.

2)I've never had a problem "holding" forward during a dash-buffered H-disc, and don't know how releasing forward before hitting H would help.  It's just a matter of timing and hitting the inputs properly.

Try to hold the 2 from 2D and then go to 3, then into 6HS. You'll get the HS disc directly from 2D that way. This only really works if you sweep really close, you may have to do a microdash to make it hit on their wake up. In which case you would do 2D, 66, 236HS. 

Also in terms of execution of IAD combos on stick I don't actually input the 99 or 956, I just find it easier to slap the stick towards the 9 direction twice and I get an IAD as long as the first input is 9. It's much easier facing the left since I just slap it twice with my thumb rather than the palm of my hand. 

1)I don't think the issue had anything to do with the string. j.K-P-K-D -> IAD dj.P-H works on most characters if it's early enough in the combo.

2)I've never had a problem "holding" forward during a dash-buffered H-disc, and don't know how releasing forward before hitting H would help.  It's just a matter of timing and hitting the inputs properly.

I never hold foward, and honestly never tried it. I suggested it because maybe he's got a heavy hand, besides, I'd rather whiff or connect/have blocked 5H vs 6H.

I personally wouldn't use j.K>j.P>j.K>j.D 1)because of timing and 2) because of damage output and the prorating

Try to hold the 2 from 2D and then go to 3, then into 6HS. You'll get the HS disc directly from 2D that way. This only really works if you sweep really close, you may have to do a microdash to make it hit on their wake up. In which case you would do 2D, 66, 236HS. 

Also in terms of execution of IAD combos on stick I don't actually input the 99 or 956, I just find it easier to slap the stick towards the 9 direction twice and I get an IAD as long as the first input is 9. It's much easier facing the left since I just slap it twice with my thumb rather than the palm of my hand. 

2D, 236, 6, 5H/ 6H > 2D, 66, 236H, your not waisting time by "hitting the breaks."

I never hold foward, and honestly never tried it. I suggested it because maybe he's got a heavy hand, besides, I'd rather whiff or connect/have blocked 5H vs 6H.

I personally wouldn't use j.K>j.P>j.K>j.D 1)because of timing and 2) because of damage output and the prorating

2D, 236, 6, 5H/ 6H > 2D, 66, 236H, your not waisting time by "hitting the breaks."

Yeah, using 236,6,5H after 2D is probably better if you're close. Which actually brings me to my next question:

I see a lot of players use (far 2D), roll, 236H if the 236H or 2366H would whiff. I can't test anything until sunday so does anyone know offhand if this setup is actually safe?

Thanks for the tips guys. Ok so I'm finding that j.K~j.S~j.D is a lot smoother and easier for me. I just need to work on getting the timing down for the IAD after the j.D. For the life of me I can't seem to consistently get it.

I'm still getting used to Millia, so I'm not entirely sure when the situation calls for a YRC during oki. Can anyone please explain? Is it just so that the situation leans in your favour?

Not too positive but some people have mentioned YRC after Tandem Top S but it is entirely situational. Usually you wouldn't do that unless you were a bit too slow setting up the disc or trying to bait a burst or a reversal.

I'm still getting used to Millia, so I'm not entirely sure when the situation calls for a YRC during oki. Can anyone please explain? Is it just so that the situation leans in your favour?

Haircar YRC creates a weird almost unreactable high/low. Hitting k makes it an overhead while hitting 2S in the air makes 2S come out since you fall before j.s can come out. Also HDISC, haircar YRC, falling j.k is +3 on block so you have an opportunity to mixup.

I mostly yrc if i want a proper high/low mixup midscreen. But teyah's right when he says it's not really worth it so I do that rarely now. I'd rather stick to his advice and save tension for RC confirms or flower install.

I wouldn't say I'd never use YRC mid screen - there are some cases where you might want to, like if you have a lot of meter. That's still my main issue with YRC disc: it almost costs 50% tension (-25% from the YRC, -15% from heavy meter gain penalty on the followup combo). And in the end it's still able to be wakeup backdashed for little risk by the enemy. Despite all this I still think it's worth learning/doing because there will be times where you have the resources for it.

Chroming Rose I mainly try to use when I can get a pin knockdown, the enemy doesn't have burst, and the enemy doesn't have 50% meter... unfortunately this situation doesn't come up all too often.

Why only after pin knockdown btw? I just use it after a normal j.H knockdown in the corner. I can't really think of a way the opponent can retaliate against that. Maybe you know of something I don't?

Using pin lets disc hit meaty, which means the enemy is forced to take your mixup and can't reversal DP.  The setup I use lets me backdash to pick up the pin while the enemy is stuck blocking disc + backdash rose, so I get the pin back afterwards.  Basically if I'm going to spend 50% and forego meter gain for the next 10 seconds, I want guaranteed lockdown and the best potential setup.  Using it on its own is fine too, I just like the added setup time and cover.

Okay, thanks for the tips guys.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does haircar mean? Is that just another term for Iron Saviour?

Yeah, that's it. That's what the license plate on her head is for.

Yeah, that's it. That's what the license plate on her head is for.

MYSTERY SOLVED

Mmm, what she said is right it does not matter if you hold 6 after 2366 or not, but you MUST /not/ input 236~66. You will get 6HS. 

236 tap~6. It's actually pretty lenient, you can under and over perform it, but adding a third forward input will kill it. It's temping, because it's like (Oh why don't I just dash after).

But now, it has to be spot on, mess around with it.

Any advice on how to use 214H? No matter how many times I try to do it, I can't get more than three inputs for the orb (and a 5/6/2H in the process).

are you using stick or pad? It's significantly easier on stick than pad, for sure. Best advice i can give you is to not be afraid of inputting the inputs too quickly, be as fast as possible (there are sound cues to let you know if u got it or not)