Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alecmerkel

Millia Basics

It all depends on:

1) What type of knockdown you get (face-down, face-up). 2D gives a face-up knowdown while most other things (most importantly throw, j.H) will give a face-down knockdown. Generally face-down takes the opponent longer to get up (aka you have more advantage).

2) When you set disc. If you set it later, it will obviously delay your next action, which might give the opponent enough time to mash out. So generally the earlier you can set it, the better.

For 2D knockdown: It gives you very little advantage because you have to close the gap between you and the opponent before setting the disc (either canceling into roll or letting it recover and doing a dashing disc with 2366H). For this reason it's easy for them to mash or jump out if you do a slow mixup (an overhead for example). To beat this, you can use 2K, and once you've conditioned them to stay still you can use other mixups.

j.H midscreen: same, since you have to dash before the disc,

j.H corner: You can set the disc as soon as you land, and it will give you enough advantage that your opponent absolutely cannot mash or jump out of your mixup if you do not mess up, unless he uses an invincible reversal.

Any time you set the disc you can YRC it to give yourself more advantage. Because of the slowdown it takes the opponent longer to get up. This is a good workaround for those disc setups that normally aren't as advantageous.

advantage advantage advantage advantage advantage advantage advantage advantage

hi hello how are you

Face up: 
  1. JH
  2. 6H
  3. Silent Force
  4. Bad Moon
  5. Iron Savior
Face down:
  1. 2D
  2. Dead Angle
  3. Emerald Rain

peace out

Knockdown Frames2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTiWaRJ19oA/

Can Someone explain to me how he is able to perform with Millia consistently: Throw, Slash, Lust shaker, Ball.  There a trick timing to it I simply cannot figure out. Also It is not: slash, qcb + slash. QCB + Slash has more of a startup than s.s.s.s...

its pretty easy. all you have to do is mash S (6 times) when you release Leo from the throw. by doing this you are buffering the repeated slashes so that by the time you can do a move the 5th far slash goes into the lust shaker (6th S). then ball em.

make sure you time your 5th far slash (its kind of a link) and also remember you have to wait for the lust shaker to recover before inputting ball.

Just patience with Millia.

Im a Noob in GG, first time ever playing the game and ive been doing for a week or so now.

Picked her up as i thought if fit my playstyle.

As commented in here before:

IAD combos are not essential at begginer level but if you want to progress with her, you need to be able to do them consistently.

I spent 6 hours my second day in training mode in order to get the muscle memory to be able to do them from both sides without thinking too much. timing is weird a the beggining, u need to delay it a bit. After 2HS add a JK before JS>JHS to leave the opponent higher so you can do IAD>S>HS>pin and the launch him again and repeat.

Learn her BnBs and how to use her Oki tools properly.

Tandem top is your best buddy after an IAD corner carry combo, if they get hit..... 2HS and go for another IAD combo

keep your distances at optimal range to hit with 5HS and RC to follow up with ur combo of choice, IAD combo if possible for corner carry and oki the hell out it.

TK Badmoon is actually easier than it seems, and is relatively safe on block if not completely safe, you can bully with it any char that has not an invincible reversal.

If you set the Disc too close and your timing is not perfect you are taking the risk of getting grab,  2k if you meaty it will beat throws and some reversals, you can J.K, or even TK Badmoon if you have time, if they are crouching the will get hit.

U can probably backdash and still be at HS or S range,

Or even Dust and get them by surprise.....Dust combos let you at perfect timing for another TT OKi if you dive after HS.

if close, 214K>K>6 or 4 HS......Double rolll into grab. Dont abuse it, only once in a while.

2k>5S>D will caught them by surprise if they are noobies, and to some others as well :P

in general keep them guessing.....it reminds me to Makoto from SF, which is my main...in the sense that if you get an opening and your execution is good, the guessing game starts and they are pretty much in 50/50 situation all the time, at neutral even at 30/30 if you add roll setups. And you know...if you condition them properly they hit the panic button and is game over.

Millia can be a blast to play, if you are able to keep the flow of her movement, is one of the most beautiful chars to play and watch.

some oki setups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxjpKkO8O0

in this video skip to 3:40, there is some BnBs and some basic okis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4eFiaAkXQ

My advice?

Get to training, learn IAD combos, if it takes u 6 hours, its ok, but get her loops down if you really want to enjoy her and win some battles.

Dont play reckless, it goes nowhere with her, she has low life :(

And get your defense down, blocking perfectly with Millia is a must, she has no "free out of Jail" options like other chars, aside from her super and burst.

All the pros in here, feel free to correct me if im giving any completely messed up info. willing to learn as well.

I absolutely loved those videos. And I know this post is old. But I've decided to sub Millia, and a quick rundown of all of her oki setups and advantages was incredibly useful. I main Zato and I find him to be incredibly fun, so I'm used to low defense and having to play perfectly. Thanks for the advice man. Zato/Millia are probably two of the most oppressive, fun characters I've ever played in a fighting game.