Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Oki Thread *WIP* (Updated 01/20/2015)

Yo, some new silly OKI for ya guys.

2KK > dash jump over 6S > air backdash jK (6S hits) Dauro. Vary timing on backdash if you want it to be a crossup or a fake crossup, works surprisingly well. At least I've had good success with it so far.

And secondly, a meaty OKI that beats Sol dp for some weird reason.

2KK > 6S > jumpin jH immediately. Of course, equipped, jH is super meaty and you get combo if they do stuff as you land after 6S hits. If Sol does his DP it whiffs for some strange reason. Ky DP does not whiff.

Yo, some new silly OKI for ya guys.

2KK > dash jump over 6S > air backdash jK (6S hits) Dauro. Vary timing on backdash if you want it to be a crossup or a fake crossup, works surprisingly well. At least I've had good success with it so far.

And secondly, a meaty OKI that beats Sol dp for some weird reason.

2KK > 6S > jumpin jH immediately. Of course, equipped, jH is super meaty and you get combo if they do stuff as you land after 6S hits. If Sol does his DP it whiffs for some strange reason. Ky DP does not whiff.

I know I'm super late to responding to this, but hasn't the first setup been known about for awhile now? I remember seeing it in a very old oki video back in December lol.

It's my first time seeing the 2nd one though. Is it rising j.H forward immediately after setting 6S?

I know I'm super late to responding to this, but hasn't the first setup been known about for awhile now? I remember seeing it in a very old oki video back in December lol.

Yes. Its a neat concept it just doesn't hit meaty and is really easy to get out of if they choose not to block. I guess since they'll be mostly be expecting 6K/low, it could work occasionally. 

It's my first time seeing the 2nd one though. Is it rising j.H forward immediately after setting 6S?

Yes.

New oki setup for you guys.

Against some chars, like Leo, do 2D > j2H instead for it to be meaty.

Is the actual mixup tight though? If so then nice, but there's still a 6f difference between the low and the overhead so switch blocking could work well against this

Its more like the overhead and low are visually.... recognisable. You don't need to fuzzy switch when it looks the part of a low or overhead.

However I love the idea of using backdash yrc differently 

Yeah it's definitely reactable, but a lot of mixups are. :> You can combat switchblocking by slightly delay the low so it comes out aprox at the same time as the overhead. The low option have a REALLY small gap, enough for a mashed DP but even in practice I had trouble DP'in consistently against it. For the overhead option there's a larger gap but it's risky to press buttons because they might whiff because of distance, or the low might come out which is safe in this case.

Mainly the point of the backdash YRC is to mess up peoples timing on wakeup, and allow space so the first two hits of 2KP to whiff which makes the followups come out faster than people might expect (no blockstun to help you react), and as low as possible j2S. But, one of its strengths is that it's different, if people see a mixup they have never seen before they don't know what to do. So far in practical matches I have a almost 100% success rate (apart from one where i misspaced entirely and my overhead just missed), but nobody have so far blocked it.

I'm still working on it, seeing if I can improve it. I have also started trying to use air sildo YRC more, since you have enough time to do a jump 6S (or 6H in the corner) air sildo YRC, and either do a really fast falling jK or land 2K, or even fuzzy. Seems pretty hard to react to, but so far I've been mashed out of it most of the time. :< Needs more work.

Alternative for the regular double deploy setup, simple but I haven't seen it being used much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtjWSxsh3jk

Auto baits dps, contrary to the (j.)2H > 66 j.2S which doesn't cover all reversals, can fuzzy. Its only drawback being that it can be chicken blocked after long combos, how often they can jump out seems inconsistent though. Should be ok on characters with slower wakeup times.

If you see them chicken blocking, just opt for 2D instead of rising j.K. If they're holding upback FD the entire time, it'll tag them just as they land after blocking 6H for a free combo.

I tested the first set up in training mode and it's not meaty at all. You can chicken block it, which makes it less useful.

Made another video demonstrating a OKI-setup. I like this one, I have good success with it.

8 hours ago, Golermecio said:

Sup guys. What are some of her oki options after a regular midscreen throw?

Dash halfway 6S -> Dash > 6K or 2D or command throw? I find it rather too weak. Also want more stuff.

1) IAD YRC 2d can be an ambiguous crossup depending on when you YRC, but might be a little hard if you do not know how to time it to make the 2d meaty.

2) Dash a bit Cassius YRC. Depending on when you YRC, the projectile will either hit meaty or fly through the opponent completely. This sets up for a very cheesy 50/50 with the command throw.

3) 6h IAD j.h. You must do this sequence as fast as possible. This is a crossup that hits meaty and can be mixed up with j.214k to make it not a crossup. The drawback is that your opponent can simply crouch to avoid the meaty j.h, which is in turn beaten by a delayed j.h but then that loses if your opponent stands. To continue your combo, you need to do a very well timed Daruo. Nothing else will combo.

4) 2s 2h because throw oki sucks and this is always the go to option when your oki sucks.

669 j6S jK djK is a fuzzy guard setup that works off throw. Personally if you cant open them up with the 6K mixup i would just go straight to Complexity's #4 option. 

On 24.12.2015 at 10:41 PM, Golermecio said:

Sup guys. What are some of her oki options after a regular midscreen throw?

Throw > microdash 2KPP / 2KP~2D. While timing it for a meaty can be hard, it can be done. Overhead version can be thrown on wakeup but the low cannot.

I have been trying to learn the fuzzy overhead setup from this video but I've been having problems with it.

From what I understand the blockstun from the J2S should stop them from being able to crouch straight away after blocking the IAD JK, J2HS which allows for the fuzzy JK. I have managed to get it to work a few times however most of the time I end up with these two outcomes

1) They are able to crouch before the second JK.

2) They are hit by the second JK but it will not combo into the HS sword.

Could anyone help me learn how to do this setup consistently?

Also is the Ramlethal Discord group still active? I have some more questions about her I'd like to ask.

I cant read japanese but it looks like the video is trying to show that the rising jK is supposed to catch a delayed crouch block after airdash jK j2H. Video shows if they crouch immediately after the first airdash jK, the rising overhead will whiff. Which leaves them open to airdash jK jH instead.

I'm not in the discord so I don't know how active it is but if it is somehow as inactive as this sub-forum, feel free to post here and ill try to help out. 

I haven't posted here in a while. Here's a couple of new fuzzy setups stolen from Toriniku, my new favorite Ram. Should work on everyone Ram can do rising jK fuzzies on (everyone except May and Faust)

First one: Meterless, works if there's relatively few hits before wallsplat, post 5D6 setup double deployed. Example with just enough hits, anything more than these hits and they can tech.

cS2D xx Dauro > PK PK KKK *splat* cS5H/fS 6H cS 6S cS5D6 5H jc jSj2H (after j2H recovery, jump forward) j2S >
> Overhead: Falling jK into 2H hits
> Low: Land 2D into 2H hits
> Fuzzy: Land backjump rising jK into 2H hits (Backjump because if they block the rising jK and 2H they're in blockstun for enough for you to continue pressure with airdash>stuff, on hit you do airdash jSj8D into more shit)

Second one: 25 meter, works fine after a post wallsplat PPP knockdown, like for example after a j8D-ender or after a trance super PPP knockdown. It's kinda auto-timing itself and you have to slightly adjust, but it's not as hard as it seems, the yrc really helps.

PPP *knockdown* dashjump jP (framekill) j6H YRC j2H falling jK >
> Fuzzy: JC jK
> Low: Land 2D

These setups are great, even the YRC one as the YRC ends before the jK hits unprorated. You're getting easy 250 dmg from these fuzzies.