Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal - Critique thread

Hello everyone! I don't really know how to set it so that the video plays at the right time, but I'd really appreciate it if people would commentate on how I did against this Potemkin at 03:01:00. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett/v/3627607

Hey I saw you playing live the other night.  I don't know if you should really take my suggestions since I actually haven't used Ram in a match yet but knowing her capabilities I would say you let Pot get too close.  I would have probably set the H sword and continuously tried to do j2HS everywhere.  I would have also thrown Cassius out all day too to make it more annoying.  Running over slidehead was really cool and probably something you could do often until he starts YRCing it.  And of course stop dropping combos. :P

Edit: Maybe a match against the best Pot in the world will help?

Hello everyone! I don't really know how to set it so that the video plays at the right time, but I'd really appreciate it if people would commentate on how I did against this Potemkin at 03:01:00. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett/v/3627607

As much as i want to keep critiques of ram play to offline ramlethal play because i feel you cant even begin to play her online in anything over 2-3 delay. 3 pushing it. i know that its only a pipe dream so you are probably going to see the same things in this thread regarding online reviews. Dont drop your combos. moves that weren't used that needed to be used, hit confirm better, and your approaches were linear but no one can tell if the connection was bad or good/decent. Watching that set though i can already see that you haven't watched enough Ramlethal matches prior to playing her or experimented much with her so i'm just going to list some things you might want to look into .

doing the IAD loops (you might not want to leave so much damage on the table fighting any character while playing ramlethal) 

far slash dauro is not a true block string, and you do it all the time try mixing it up by setting after far slash. 

Learn combos off the wall slide. you should be able to do damage confirms  5S jump cancel 2HS or 2S stuff or a 2D knock down every time.

Learn your anti escape corner setups no one  should not be getting out for free

Learn to go for damage confirms off the airdash jump P confirms.

Corner carry off most of your confirms is the most important 

Throw 2D into your mixups on the ground 

by the way dont whiff 2S

Its also online so you could stand to use some of her strings like 2KPP and the mind games that come with that works offline sometimes too.

other than that the match up shouldn't be too hard for ramlethal,you out range him,you do a shit ton of damage, and oki he cant deal with. Just watch match videos and do some combos in training mode maybe review the confirms you got and try to get better damage is the main thing i would stress. Ramlethal gets to work pretty quick in the damage area. good job making grandfinals though

While I think you did OK you definitely have stuff to improve on, both in neutral, pressure, mixups, combos and the Pot matchup. The pot player did pretty well and did good stuff (he did get 2. place it seems against shitty matchups).

First off, against Pot, never let him get away with slide head from those ranges. Ram can literally dash forward to avoid it because while she's not considered airborne she doesn't have hurtbox on the ground, and this is just enough to completely avoid getting hit by slide head shockwave. Dash then dauro (or dash 2D dauro, whatever) for full punish. Usually people would jump to avoid slide head but Ram doesn't need to and should be able to consistently punish it.

I saw you did a lot of superjump then call out both swords then engage from the ground, you wouldn't get much off this unless you hit them with the swords, if they block you're forced to do mixups with gaps and that's generally not very dangerous. Calling a sword, if only one, then airdash is a way better mixup as you actually threaten them with either jK, or jKjPjK or just land 2D, or jKjP land 2D, or just land cmd throw.

Combo consistency is really important for Ram, she doesn't get a lot of chances so you need to take full advantage of those you get. I saw you dropped some combos that should've lead to wallsplat into corner mixups which is her strength, and getting that consistency into mixups could've easily won you the game.

Edit: Haha didn't see there were other matches, I only saw that pot one.

Edit2: Saw the Sin matches, the first Sin was really trigger happy at the wrong times. MacGyver is a more solid Sin and is trigger happy at the right times.

When you do 2S you gatling into 2H immediately. You have a HUUUUUUGE window to gatling into 2H from 2S. If you do 2S and they're in the air there's no reason to gatling into 2H immediately, you have time and more enough to make tea and drink it before you have to confirm into 2H if it wasn't CH or wait and do cS / KP on CH. At one point you hit with 2S but the 2H whiffed because they were too high up, avoidable. As an example. Good reactions though, did MacGyver hit a single dust?

Edited by Nyaa

Yeah i usually autopilot 2S>2H since if on CH whiff i can just pk> corner. Should probably fix that.

Alot of time superjumping sword deploy is jsut a bad habit from 1.0 Ram and just trying to get pressure going.

Against sin i really hate how huge his 6p is.

I also do not really know how to deal with Pot when he gets in, since hammerfall yrc scary as shit. It becomes potbuster or heat knuckle 50/50 and i'm just scared as shit when that happens