Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

yeah the more hits you do the more untechable time the opponent has. Only reason you would need to frc from GMW is to make it safe on block, or if your comboing lighter characters(mostly female) you FRC the GMW into j.D which causes a hard knockdown. You can combo from it but only if you nailed a hitconfirm from a delayed pogo. It's def something to try out in the lab.

I did find this new combo out a few days ago. If you scalpel pull into forcebreak bomb, you can IB the bombo whiff pogo and pick them up with flower into GMW. The timing is a bit tight but its easier than slash backing the bomb and comboing.

Thanks ! now I only FRC on block to go j2k and another gwm close to the ground and keep the pressure. I'll try the scalpel combo as well.. I really haven't trained the IB either(but i guess it's kinda hard, like the flaming slap frame), but its a nice extra dmg when you wanna go for the kill.

I tried the online play but with my location/connection I just cant plat at all.... It would be nice to have some training matches !!

Also.. i just checked out the first combo from the post [2D>2S] JC > [K>S>K] JC > [s>HS].. I usually go JC [K>S>HS].. maybe its char specific cause i mostly play against ky and slayer(sometimes whiff with slayer but i guess its just bad input).

Anyways.. maybe it can help someone!

Flaming slap after scalpel pull is now only possible if the coin item actually hits the opponent. When that happens "OISSU!!" Appears on top of your tension bar. As a result the next time the hand slap connects after the scalpel it will set them on fire!! No just frame timing anymore.

Only use the JC S- HS combo if the characters body is to high. This makes sure your jHS doesn't whiff.

Edited by Senkei

I was trying the pogo pickup from FB bomb and accidentally went for 236236S.. it does crappy dmg but it's a viable alternative for an unburstable 100% tension finishing combo(highly unlikely thou). It should be useful as much as a RC grab.. only for the kill.

In other news i tested yesteday the FDC overhead on live matches... i didnt quite pull it off but im getting the hang of it... it's still landing too late for me to run up for the 5p so instead y just 5p onsite and go 2D>item throw or air combo if I'm close enough.

yeah the dash up isn't easy I can't get it 100% of the time. Most important thing is you get the knockdown.

Yes... I still combo 5s into 5hs from midrange and whiff.... and that leaves me in a bad position and lose pressure.. the thing is... If the 5hs would've actually connected, it's not guaranteed the 2D will because of how far the opponent is.. in that case I tend to go 5s>5hs>item throw... but sometimes i feel like 5s> item throw is the safe way to go.

I think Pogo can reach after the end of the hitbox to 5HS connects or use 214D for potential overhead. I think it is a much safer and viable option than item since i'm still applying pressure but that is also a good way to mix up your opponent with a potentially good item. It's kinda gimmicky but in a good way. I usually do item off of S as the last hit of a juggle after RC right before they recover, giving me somewhat of an advantage.

Edited by JacopeX

Yes, pogo after 5HS is a good option(i also go item throw after pogo), my main concern is when the 5HS whiffs in combo or pushstring.... so much pressure wasted... I think I just need to get rid of my bad habits and start to actually SEE if im in range or not and decide whether to do it or just go for the usual 5s>236P/5S>2k

And kinda off topic.. I'm getting to a point where there is little to no competition where I live.. and the goddamn online sucks(like 1 sec of delay). Any recommendations ?? =(

Where do you live? Have you checked the match finder/event sections of the site to see if theres anything near by? I do agree, online is pretty questionable. I can't link hits togethers and the fact that almost everyone refuses to play you at least a second time is counter productive and does not get me in any better.

Also, how does everyone get a launcher going with Faust? I have such a hard time pulling off 2D > 2S > 9K > air combo and instead i'm just doing 2D > 2S > 5k > 9K > air combo to make things easier and i'm having a much higher success rate pulling off air combos off that launcher. Is there a specific timing to pull off 2S > 9K?

Edited by JacopeX

I also started to do my aerial combos 2D>2S>5K JC... It is way easier and I still dont see the downside. Now that I can pull off the 2S JC I stopped doing the other one. And to pull it off the only thing is that you must hit the JK as fast as possible after the JC. It took me a day in training mode to pull it off consistently and muscle memorize it.. sometimes I never failed and sometimes couldnt pull it off like 10 times in a row.. frustating..

Yes, pogo after 5HS is a good option(i also go item throw after pogo), my main concern is when the 5HS whiffs in combo or pushstring.... so much pressure wasted... I think I just need to get rid of my bad habits and start to actually SEE if im in range or not and decide whether to do it or just go for the usual 5s>236P/5S>2k

Being aware of your range is absolutely critical as Faust. I would seriously recommend just knuckling under and getting rid of your bad habits. Generally though, 5HS -> Pogo -> Item is great if you know it's gonna hit. It sets up some very nice mixups, especially if you get a doll. If you don't snag any great items though, it's fine, just get off pogo and scoot your ass outta there to do what Faust does best, frustrate people.

I think Pogo can reach after the end of the hitbox to 5HS

Yes. You however, probably cannot flower if the pogo actually connects, and you're midscreen, so you'll want to item throw. That being said, pogo in pressure can be very risky, and should not be relied on. What are far more important are strings like 2HS -> Item, or f.S-> Item. Your best pressure comes drill cancel high low mixups. If you're having trouble doing the BnB, forcebreak pogo can snag easy combos if you can confirm well. The bigger concern is the 5HS whiffing, I would think.

Yesterday I just realized sometimes I do two flowers>GMW after pogo instead of one, and it connects perfectly.. but when I try to do it in training mode I can't pull it off.. Maybe its something I've forgotten and dragging since #R that my hands know when the two flowers will connect in the middle of the match but I wanted to know how does it work exactly.. is it only on crouching opponents or CH?

Yesterday I just realized sometimes I do two flowers>GMW after pogo instead of one, and it connects perfectly.. but when I try to do it in training mode I can't pull it off.. Maybe its something I've forgotten and dragging since #R that my hands know when the two flowers will connect in the middle of the match but I wanted to know how does it work exactly.. is it only on crouching opponents or CH?

2 flowers should only be used to get the character closer so gmw can connect. This happens mostly when you connect pogo at max range and need to draw them back in. These usually only work on larger body characters(slayer/johnny/potemnkin) It can still be used on other characters but you run the risk of them teching out of gmw losing the hard knockdown.

They remained virtually the same, with only a few real changes:

- 5K counterhit will float now instead of wall-stick, so you can combo off of it at midscreen now.

- Drill Cancel Kick combos are slightly easier because 5P is now one frame faster.

- You have expanded metered pogo combos, because you can combo FB j.236D after a pogo hop now. lots of new opportunities here.

- Rerere no Tsuki combos are a bit better too;

*236D followup no longer costs meter, but also no longer wall-bounces at midscreen. if you are near the corner you can get an air combo off of it.

*of course the 236D followup to 236D is better because the net cost is now 25 instead of 50.

That's about it really, though I may have missed something. Faust probably needs a new combo thread too, but there isn't that much to include. :P maybe a new bnb section on the front would be nice at least.

Ok here is a list of basic +R combos I've put together from watching match videos, hopefully this will help some other new Faust players.

Does anybody have any other combos they feel should be added? Any input would be great as I've just been trying Faust out for a few days. Are any of these character specific?

Also does anyone have any advanced combos or item specific? Say i do a combo ending in 2D > Item. Is there a specific set up for a combo i should go for if i get bomb? or meteors etc?

Midscreen 0 Meter

2K > (link) 2P > 2S > 2H > 236S > D Item 82

2K 2P 2S 2D > 236P (for Oki) 64

2K > 2D > 2S > 5K > jK > djK > js > jH (for damage) 112

2K > 2D > 2S > 5K > jK > jD (for knockdown) 97

FDC j1K > jK > 5P > 2S > 2D > 236P (for Oki) 75

FDC j1K > jK > 5P > 2S > 2D > 236S > D Item (for damage) 95

Midscreen 25% Meter

j2K > 236D > 5P > Flower > Going My Way 144

Midscreen 50% Meter

41236K > 4 > 236D > 236D > IAD 236D > D Item 144

Corner 0 Meter