Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

None of these problems are Faust specific. You're just Jump canceling too late after the ground combo, attacking too late after the jump cancel, or a combination of both. Both which can be solved in practice mode.

Now for Dust combos, you continue to hold up because the system allows you to jump cancel any normal move for a certain number of frames, but in Faust's standard dust combo, you only need to hold up in order to cancel the 2 j.HSs. For millia you must delay the homing jump, after connecting with 5D, before you do the first j.HS, or you're likely to miss the attack.

Yeah I knew that it's basics that I lack, not much to do with faust but I figured asking about specific combos, it would help to ask in here. Thanks for the explanation on the dust thing, thats quite helpful.

Hey, I have a question about Drill Canceling. For some reason I can only get it out 40-50% of the time, and I know its my timing, but I was just wondering if there was a more specific timing as to when I activate faultless defense. I can do it easy off like, a second jump or a air dash but off my first jump I have problems. Its really messing up my poking when I can't Drill Cancel j.H when I need it lol Any advice will be helpful... atleast some that is more accurate then to just practice. A man can only jump so many times before he gets sleepy.

Hey, I have a question about Drill Canceling. For some reason I can only get it out 40-50% of the time, and I know its my timing, but I was just wondering if there was a more specific timing as to when I activate faultless defense. .........snip.......

This really isn't something that should be causing you trouble.

There are 2 things that can happen.

1. 2K activates, and you're stuck in the drill animation

Causes:

a. You've not pressed P/S/HS quick enough after holding 1 and pressing K.

b. You don't have any meter. (make sure you have meter before you try to FDC)

The easiest way to drill cancel is to hold 1 (downback on the joystick), and press K then Slash in rapid succession. You can press Slash as quickly as you want as long as you don't press K and S at the same time.

...snip...The easiest way to drill cancel is to hold 1 (downback on the joystick), and press K then Slash in rapid succession. You can press Slash as quickly as you want as long as you don't press K and S at the same time.

Oh snaps! That helps so much! I always tried to get it on the first try as I jump, which seemed almost impossible but rapiding the buttons and throwing out a K or a HS is so much easier. It always frustrated me to see people combo into a Drill Cancel Kick just off the ground, but I see that its much more easier then it looks now.

Thanks alot!

I'm not new to GG but I just started playing AC seriously and I am prolly gonna pick up Faust as my main. He's damn fun and I love his mixup/zone game but for me, the biggest problem I have is when I am getting rushed down. I really don't know what to do and then just get overwhelmed and start to mash ish out which then causes me to lose.

Also, I think I may have just missed it but what's a good follow up to Faust's hand slap dust break?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

I would gladly help you, but please move your question to the General Discussion thread, since this isn't a combo specific question.

I'm having a lot of trouble following up after the drill cancel j.k overhead. I am trying to do: jump, j.2k(cancel), j.k, j.2k, land, 5p. I can get everything to connect aside from the 5p, the enemy seems to recover too fast. Is there anything spacing wise I should be keeping in mind?

You gotta do a really good drill cancel. That is very close to the opponent and very low to the ground. This will give you enough time to run forward (an extremely short run forward) and connect with 5P. Keep in mind that the opponent has to be crouching.

j00, I Accidently edited your message, and lost the original contents. Sorry about that XD Nothing is particularly wrong about it, but adding in a JC>j.2k adds significant time for your opponent to recover. This allows you to more easily follow up with running, 5P > etc, or even far.5S.

yes you can but it leaves you open just go for the safe landing because it sets you up for a good super jump HS

D (homing jump) jHS jHS jk jp jk jck js jHS

AFAIK it doesn't work on Anji.

On Anji, you can replace the first two j.H with j.D. But since j.D is slower, the combo is gonna be harder.

AFAIK it doesn't work on Anji.

On Anji, you can replace the first two j.H with j.D. But since j.D is slower, the combo is gonna be harder.

Since when? An Anji player is my major competition and I do this dust combo all the time. Maybe you need to delay your homing jump a bit?

@Zinac :

Wow is that true? I'll test it, then.

Yep, and here's a new Anji combo (Anji standing only)

j.HS > 5.S > 5.HS > pogo > (RC) > run 2.S > 5.K > Air combo

Actually I just remembered that the combo I posted doesn't work on Chipp if you're close. You have to connect with Faust's 5D really far away from him and even then the combo barily works. Chipp doesn't get sent high enough for the first 2 HS's to hit. Instead I had to replace the first two HS's with 2 kicks. However, although I haven't tried this, you could try delaying your homing jump and then maybe HS will hit more consistently.

Delaying the jump works, but it's damn fiddly. I haven't had any problems with any other characters personally with that combo.

Is it possible to incorporate Fausts air throw after any of his air combos, and if not what general uses does his air throw have? EDIT: I'm retarded :vbang:

Is it possible to incorporate Fausts air throw into any of his combos, and if not what general uses does his air throw have?

Since when must air throws lead into a combo? If you're not already using air throws to punish near air dashes, and jump ins, a big hole is in your game. You're missing a big mixup opportunity. Without airthrows theres really no fear for anyone to just air dash out of a corner against Faust. Its also very convenient that you may option select between Faust's greatest air normal and air throw :D

Sign in to follow this