Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

err sorry i'm retarded, I meant after combos(think melty blood, sorry I was talking to someone when I typing)

Well this is GG you can't combo into an air throw unless you're Anji :vbang:

But a common practice in GG is to setup tech traps. A very BASIC tech trap is to Mettakiri in the corner > 5P > (JC) > (Airthrow the tech). This setup in most instances is obvious, so its just an example, and you're throwing away damage from the air combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTFP_RcP5M

Just watching the Paper Bag combo vid and about 50 seconds in the player baits a VV then punishes the Sol with S© > 2S > 2H > 41236k etc.

Is was wondering if anyone here knew if there was something special about the 2H > scalpel pull gattling? The pull doesn't seems to combo from anything that I'm aware short of a lucky item hit, but in that vid it clearly does without any tricks or special conditions that I can see.

Thats not what I meant, I meant comboing between 2H and scalpel. Doesn't matter, feel silly asking it. Realised it only works on crouching opponents.

Thats not what I meant, I meant comboing between 2H and scalpel. Doesn't matter, feel silly asking it. Realised it only works on crouching opponents.

It combos on a crouching opponent. Just go up to them, close.Slash>2.HS>pull and it will combo on Sol. Not sure about everyone in the cast so I can't say for sure.

this is gonna sound really noob. but what's the deal with P > 2D? does it only combo on ducking opponents? i couldn't get it to work at all today. but i remember doing the j.2K > P > 2D combo before. did i forget something? it really annoyed me today.

2P (counter) > 2D won't combo on a crouching opponent, thus it won't work on a standing opponent either. 2P > 2D is just a convenient gattling because its 2 lows in a row.

5p counterhit on a standing opponent combo's to 2D oh yeah and from a vid i just saw.......i never knew this but 2k >2p >2s >2hs >41236k combos **

5p counterhit on a standing opponent combo's to 2D

oh yeah and from a vid i just saw.......i never knew this but

2k >2p >2s >2hs >41236k combos **

I always forget on 2K. It's first hit Gatlings all JCable, or vice versa?

i kinda don't know what your asking but the first hit of 2k is jump cancelable

@Zinac : AFAIK, no it's not a link, it's indeed a gatling. Because immediately after the 3rd hit of 2K, we can do 2P and ONLY 2P. If we want to do something else, we have to wait until 2K finishes it's recovery time. But if we want to do 2P afterwards, we don't have to do that. Maybe we can call it "late gatling", just like Slayer's.

@Zinac :

AFAIK, no it's not a link, it's indeed a gatling. Because immediately after the 3rd hit of 2K, we can do 2P and ONLY 2P. If we want to do something else, we have to wait until 2K finishes it's recovery time. But if we want to do 2P afterwards, we don't have to do that.

Maybe we can call it "late gatling", just like Slayer's.

You indeed have to learn the timiing for it, so it might as well be a link even if the last frame or 2 are canceled, though I don't know if thats the case. The mook lists it as "not gattling-able" btw.

To explain my reasoning for not calling it a gattling is that gattlings can generally be buffered, but not moves that cancel late. So at best it can be called a "late cancelable" move.

I was looking at the front page again and noticed you had 2D > 2S > JC > [K S HS] is there any advantage/disadvantage to having 2D > 2S > 5K > JC > [K S HS] I personally find it easier to hit the JC after the 5K but I'm unsure as to whether it is worth it or not. Also I was just dinking and around and "found" the 6HS > pogo > RC > dash > 2S > 5k > JC > S > HS it does 207 damage(i think) on Sol and it seems to work with most characters(I think I've seen Senkei do it in casuals as well if my memory serves me correct) how realistic/applicable is this combo, and is it better to save that 50% tension to do something else?

Well there many versions of the BnB so you can apply the right combo to each situation, to answer your first question. Secondly, I rarely RC the pogo hit after 6HS, because it requires you not mess up the dashing into 2S. Its definently a waste of meter if you whiff. It all depends on your level of execution :D

From personal exp, if your gonna go for the RC after 6HS to Pogo, running up and 2HS->Pogo is the safest way of cont. the combo. Not to mention, on certain weights your likely to net a Knockdown. Also, if your just stickler on using tension w/ maximum efficiency, just RC Pogo only after u get a CH on 6HS. In this manner, your hella garunteed at least 70% damage on mids to lights, depending on your follow up of course....... I love see'n my oppositions reaction after getting hit by that slow ass 6HS....i really do...

Sign in to follow this