Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

I love see'n my oppositions reaction after getting hit by that slow ass 6HS....i really do...

I was in a tournament at Youmacon a few weeks ago and had to fight a Chipp. I landed 6HS > pogo RC > etc. on him in the corner with a fairly built up guard gauge, and the look on his face was priceless as he watched 75% or more of his life bar disappear. Apparently he had never seen that combo before, and it seemed to have shook him up so bad that he started more or less turtling for the rest of the series, giving me a free win. It was epic lulz.

Another question i had was whether or not i was beneficial to FRC the Going my way in a ground combo and if so what is the best follow up. I find it especially hard to hit the FRC rather than the RC. But assuming the FRC is always perfect is it worth it?

it's good because of the fact that even on pressure strings you can frc it and still continue pressure for example....GMW-frc-air2k-GMW...this is such so you land low to the ground making the GMW safe and you can then reapply pressure(and also build up the guard gauge pretty high) now combo wise it's a little tricky because when you frc it depending on where their body is it at you can be kind of put into a wierd situation when i frc out of GMW i ether do AirK(or airHS)-land 5k jk-js-jhs or my fav GMW frc AirHS-land 6p-item-superjump HS...this gets an item out and keeps the pressure on your enemy as i said each is dependent on the body types and how high up in the air they are. but i suggest learning all of Faust's frc's because they make alot of his attacks safe and can lead into some interesting mind games like 214k(Frc)-grab :)

It was epic lulz.

Hah, niiice....heh, sounds like good times. Are u located in Jap. by anychance?

Also, in regards to FRC'ing GMW, anybody remember the last combo in the "Dr. Baldhead" combo vid where FRC'd for oki ?!?!? Anyone ever experimented w/ that?? Seems like it has good potential.

but i suggest learning all of Faust's frc's because they make alot of his attacks safe

and can lead into some interesting mind games

Does anyone actually use the bomb bag FRC? I'm sure it could be useful on a rare occasion, but it seems like one of the goofiest FRC additions ever and a waste of tension that could be used more efficiently. Although I would love to see someone pull off something crazy with it, just for fun.

Hah, niiice....heh, sounds like good times. Are u located in Jap. by anychance?

haha, no, I'm just a shitty scrub from Indiana. Youmacon was an anime convention near Detroit that had a small tournament with nothing but other scrubs who were even worse than me. It was still fun though.:toot:

Does anyone actually use the bomb bag FRC? I'm sure it could be useful on a rare occasion, but it seems like one of the goofiest FRC additions ever and a waste of tension that could be used more efficiently. Although I would love to see someone pull off something crazy with it, just for fun.

If somehow you can manage to know your bag is going to hit in the corner you can frc jump 2k GMW. I think there are some ways to throw in your command grab if they try and recover out but its been awhile since ive used this.

like 214k(Frc)-grab :)

BLAST THE TIMING ON THIS!!!!

Right now my execution on this little joy is ~60% :8/:

wtb more skillz :vbang:

Also I seem to be wiffing the first S after the homing jump in the dust combo a lot. Do you have to delay the homing jump for it to hit, or is there a way to space yourself with out dropping the combo while you are in air?:psyduck:

im having alot of trouble on the drill canceling and i just need to know if im doin it right. before i say anything else is a drill cancel a j.2k->FDC? if so i cant do it at all. im really confused :8/: if was wrong above will someone please explain what a drill cancel is then tell me how to do it? thank you for your help :keke:

im having alot of trouble on the drill canceling and i just need to know if im doin it right. before i say anything else is a drill cancel a j.2k->FDC? if so i cant do it at all. im really confused :8/: if was wrong above will someone please explain what a drill cancel is then tell me how to do it? thank you for your help :keke:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=194369&postcount=174

Should answer your question.

Hey Zinac could you please post in a sticky somewhere that Faust's dust combo using the S after the first 2 HS is disance dependent and the distance needed is character specific. Also that its easier not to use the S at all!!! I've had to explain a bit as well. That we direct link them to that.

Hey Zinac could you please post in a sticky somewhere that Faust's dust combo using the S after the first 2 HS is disance dependent and the distance needed is character specific. Also that its easier not to use the S at all!!! I've had to explain a bit as well. That we direct link them to that.

I'll see what I can do.

I was recently watching a Sol vs Faust on youtube and saw the Faust pull off qcb D, run up, c.S s.K JC K>P>K>P>K JC K>S>HS. I was wondering if this was a Sol only combo or if it worked on a wider range of characters?

I was recently watching a Sol vs Faust on youtube and saw the Faust pull off qcb D, run up, c.S s.K JC K>P>K>P>K JC K>S>HS. I was wondering if this was a Sol only combo or if it worked on a wider range of characters?

Sounds like a super jump install combo. Its just a variation on Faust's B&B. These variation are character specific, you eventually learn the right ones to do from practice.

but i suggest learning all of Faust's frc's because they make alot of his attacks safe and can lead into some interesting mind games

214s is so gdlk. After they block it and I FRC , I do counter hit 2k in the air because they're usually fiending to punish it.

SuperSlash that's RF not 40% at all max damage is to end it with k s-k-jk-s-hs = 146 is max you'll get still tight though

Yeah looking back it wasn't close to 40, I was just going based on what I saw of the crappy Youtube resolution. Still nice after instant overhead though CH Oissu! > 6H was pretty lols too

it's like more around 34% but it can be the most damaging ground string to knockdown that he has against Po with no tension used also Faust players if your having trouble linking into the 5p 2d jk jd you dash as soon as you hit the ground from the jHS putting faust a bit of a slide which allows him to do those last few hits to knock down..... the other combo i stated that does 146 there is no need to do this since the attacks are long enough

SENKEI.. o snap I had to remake another dustloop account. If for some reason you dont remember who this is.. south FL crew from GNT4 days..w/ projekt/mystic/juggs. So I have been maining testament for some time since I dropped faust, but I was thinking about picking him back up at least a little more for fun. I can do everything listed here and on vids and such.. my only main issue is the FDC j.2k thing.. ive seen it in the vids and I understand what it is.. Can someone or yourself type out other than the usual ... >....> layout a better way to explain it? is it a super jump to start? do you do the j.2k THEN FDC or is it jump, FDC, j.2k then w/e I just dont get the order.. but I got the rest of the stuff down. Also, are there other practical uses for the FB pogo other than links to j.k j.d FB followup?.. say off of a counter hit in the air? Thanks ps. you coming to Last Stand on saturday? will's last tourny before willvolution .. decent GG turnout coming I believe.. prolly normal flash +miami ppl , our crew, others in the area w/ will ceo etc. hope all is well man. pace.

Sign in to follow this