Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core : Combos

Oh i know what you're talking about. I didn't know that is was possibly to link that. I always assumed the Faust did the 5K just to try to stuff an air tech if the opponent tried it.

not really what you need to do is for the 5k to hit you have to HS or k while your still in the air after the going my way frc

i can't go into too much detail right now but it is character specific only heavy characters can be looped like this

Slayer, testement, po, axel,anji, Hos, and roboky

basically they all need to be done in the corner

start with mettakiri then 5p-2s-jumpcancel-jk-jD-236d(airpogo)-(onpogo)p,p(at the lowest point possible) the hit the ground s-s-p-s-s-p-d-s-hs

some characters you have to mod it a little by only doing one bagpunch at the beginning instead of two and doing less slashes into bag punch

also a side note this can be done on robo-ky you just need to change the start a little instead of doing 5p-2s-jumpcancel-k-d-236d......you do 5p-2s- jumpcancel- p-k-d-236d

best is to experiment with everyone because except for maybe aba and jonny everyone can be looped in the corner

Seems in tune with my thinking... interesting note about Robo there!

A thing which I've been wondering about is what ways are there to get the hits needed to get enough gravity for the loop to work without using mettagiri.

Also, just to clarify something you wrote: you said that only heavy characters can be looped, but at the end you mention that everyone can be looped except maybe aba and johnny?

Aba and johnny won't even let you launch them after mettakiri in the corner making the combo useless after mettakiri they just drop.....but outside of that in normal combo's or hit's off of air pogo the loop can be attempted

214.D(ikinari oissu! - FB). What does the stuff in parenthesis mean? Also, I don't understand how you're suppose to do FDC j.2d cancels. I don't even know what FDC means. Please help. I have the first combo in the video down. Also, does it take really good timing to do 236D in the middle of a juggle, as stated in some of the juggles listed? Why does it only activate in certain situations?

214.D(ikinari oissu! - FB). What does the stuff in parenthesis mean?

It's the name of the move. and FB means 'Force Break' which refers to stronger move that requires 25% tension to use. Above that is 'Over Drive aka OD' which requires yet again 50%+(and more depending on character).

Also, I don't understand how you're suppose to do FDC j.2d cancels. I don't even know what FDC means. Please help. I have the first combo in the video down.

You mean j.2K, not j.2D.

FDC : Faultless Defense Cancel. FDing is hold 4 or 1 and press two buttons at the same time that is not S+HS or any button + D. Using this, some moves are cancelable on their start up with FD like Chip's 2K, May's 2HS, Faust's 2K... This allows you to cancel moves into FD, simple enough.

You need to slide input (press two buttons almost same time) in order to do FDC j.2K. For example, j.2K~HS. If you succeed, you will see faust floats on air for longer period time then normal jump and your jumping momentum(if you jumped with 9, you will realize that faust will keep the momentum in that direction until landing) disappears suddenly.

Advantage of this is that you can do your air normal moves close to the ground to make it quick Overheads for mix-up purposes as well as keep them away with j.HS.

Also, does it take really good timing to do 236D in the middle of a juggle, as stated in some of the juggles listed? Why does it only activate in certain situations?

Depending on range...so on so on. Sometimes combos, sometimes it doesn't. Just experiment. If you are not sure, learn FRC.

May's 2HS, Faust's 2K... This allows you to cancel moves into FD, simple enough.

You need to slide input (press two buttons almost same time) in order to do FDC j.2K. For example, j.2K~HS. If you succeed, you will see faust floats on air for longer period time then normal jump and your jumping momentum(if you jumped with 9, you will realize that faust will keep the momentum in that direction until landing) disappears suddenly.

I understand. So, you're telling me, you can FDC and input another button at the same time and get both a FD and the other move, even though you basically pressed them at the same time (well, 1 frame, close enough)?

If that was true, I would be able to do j.2K~K, but that isn't working. I must be missing something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJUHvUr3ehM I don't understand what happens at :24.

Someone please help me. It looks like a j.K then a j.2D, but I don't know.

I understand. So, you're telling me, you can FDC and input another button at the same time and get both a FD and the other move, even though you basically pressed them at the same time (well, 1 frame, close enough)?

No, it isn't that complicated. You use the FD to cancel the j.2K animation, and then you are free to use another move after, generally j.K or j.H.

j.2K has the property to stop your jump trajectory in the air. So using the j.2K FDC let you use an air move as near the ground as possible without going higher after.

At 00:24 he uses the j.2K FDC'd j.K, and then j.2K, ground combo.

At 00:24 he uses the j.2K FDC'd j.K, and then j.2K, ground combo.

What I see is a j.K, then a drill, then a 5k. This is why I'm still confused....

It looks like he is canceling a j.K, in to a j.2k, then landing and doing a 2K. If the drill is the thing that is what you can cancel, then why does it look like he is canceling a j.K in to a drill, then landing and doing a 5.K. I find this confusing.

It's because the j.2K's animation didn't even started. You can notice when a Faust-player uses the Drill FDC when Faust suddenly stop from going higher, and does a very low air attack just after a green glow(the FD effect). And that's the usefullness of Dril FDC: doing a very low air attack, and being able to land quickly.

Well, I succesfully did FDC on my lovely standard PS2 pad like all the times :) It's not so hard on a pad. It's way easier on a stick, of course, but to say it's really hard or near impossible on a pad would be overkill, IMO.

Don't know if this is really noteworthy and don't know who already knows about it, but I'll explain and ask about it anyways. Faust (and a few (actually a good chuck if you do wierd shit) can get two homing jumps off a dust. For example 5d > homing jump > FDC j.H l> homing jump > combo, (Its just a matter of getting the second jump off before the homing jump "window" is over) but generally this just takes off the amount of time you're in the air combing, was just wondering if anyone has been able to make use of this. (really I just ask cuz I'm trying to put some flashy shit together, but who knows, it may actually be useful) Chipp and Jam can both 5D > j.2K l> homing jump combo, but Faust is the only one it seems might be able to actually get anything worthwhile out of this.

So, can anyone tell me the exact input, just to clarify for the FDC? At 0:24 in the previously posted video, what buttons should I press from ground to landing? Thanks.

jump > 2K (hold kick) ~ 4S (or punch) ~ let go and do any attack, generally k or h in english, jump, push down plus kick, then immediately after, push back and either punch or slash, let go and perform your attack immediately after that.

jump > 2K (hold kick) ~ 4S (or punch) ~ let go and do any attack, generally k or h

in english, jump, push down plus kick, then immediately after, push back and either punch or slash, let go and perform your attack immediately after that.

Its even simpler than that.

Do I really have to link these post again?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3417

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=199811&postcount=3

Don't know if this is really noteworthy and don't know who already knows about it, but I'll explain and ask about it anyways.

Faust (and a few (actually a good chuck if you do wierd shit) can get two homing jumps off a dust. For example 5d > homing jump > FDC j.H l> homing jump > combo, (Its just a matter of getting the second jump off before the homing jump "window" is over) but generally this just takes off the amount of time you're in the air combing, was just wondering if anyone has been able to make use of this. (really I just ask cuz I'm trying to put some flashy shit together, but who knows, it may actually be useful)

Chipp and Jam can both 5D > j.2K l> homing jump combo, but Faust is the only one it seems might be able to actually get anything worthwhile out of this.

i think i explained this already

yeah

it's pretty nice

Anyone got any tips for linking j.K after a 2D -> 2S -> 5K? Beat turns black for me and in training mode the computer techs out. Luckily most people I play don't have enough experience against Faust so they assume it's a legit combo or just don't notice the Beat turning black and start mashing to tech out. All in all, anyone got any input-tips for this? Would like to have this down before the next tourney I attendt to. Also I've read a bit about it but I'm still somewhat confused on which characters and specificly the situation when you can juggle them on pogo-stance for a while. Like counter-hit on pogo after a block-string etc. Any special properties like this that unables teching?

Just a little combo I've been using lately... not too hard, deals great damage: ]5S>5S>5H>236S] RC [2S>5K] JC [j.K>j.S>j.H>236P] Variations; -The 5S>5S>5H can be replaced with 6H. If it hits as a counter, this combo deals about 400 damage. -Another aerial ending; [j.K>j.S>j.K] JC [j.S>j.H]. I find this one sort of hard to pull off, though. This works best near the edge of screen. I dunno, maybe an old combo, but what the hell.

Variations;

-The 5S>5S>5H can be replaced with 6H. If it hits as a counter, this combo deals about 400 damage.

Does 6H actually combo from f.S? I don't think so.

If yes so you'd need the opponent to have guard bar flashing when starting the combo.

-Another aerial ending; [j.K>j.S>j.K] JC [j.S>j.H]. I find this one sort of hard to pull off, though.

That's a common air combo =]

About pogo juggle I don't know. Just don't let the opponent be too close to you.

Let him be around where you can hit the ground flower(it gives frame advantage).

If they are too close try to hit with paper head(if I'm correct if doesn't hit most of crouched opponents)

And be careful when moving around.

Against air uses paper head or head flower or 44. I think flower is riskier, but I need to train the flower better.

And don't even try to use 44 against long range pokes or projectiles. Generally they hit when your invincibility ends u.u

... and it's funny when you juggle with pogo when there's a bomb out XDDDD

heres one i do: random gatling into 2d, 2s(JI), 5k, sj.k, sj.s, sj.p, sj.k dj sj.k, sj.s, sj.hs. Generally done when the oppnent is sorta close to u cuz at max range the sj.p wont hit, also u may need to adjust the combo to hit the last sj.hs.

Sign in to follow this