Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poultrygeist

Vs Axl

u wanna fking go m8 ill bang u out bruv

So it seems like 3HS shuts him up if you see him about to go into stance.  If you let him get there I THINK he can just smack you if you try it, but in that case you may be able to get in by timing your dash with the attacks.  Needs more testing.  

I've got some experience, you can dash guard point his stance attacks if he whiffs one completely, but you got to be on point with it. it's easier to just 6P the higher one since I don't think he can do the same one over and over again. don't try to 3H him if he's already in stance. it's really frustrating playing neutral with him and it's hard to rush him down. if you're at neutral, try to superjump and airdash up to throw A', be careful not to get too predictable with forward dashes, and don't throw A or A' anywhere close to the ground. don't try to play the zoning game at all, it doesn't work.

Axl is one of the few characters who might be worth using Hemi-Jack on. At least that's what I thought after fighting him in Japan  :v:

I agree with that, especially if you're experienced against Axl since he's not very good at opening someone up.

Thanks for the notes guys m8s. A guy at my locals uses Axl and this'll hopefully help me get a bit of an edge on this matchup.

Random stuff:

His DP is air blockable without FD.

If he does the flame overdrive you can block the first part then jump over the 2nd and punish it.  You can also block the first part then dash into the 2nd part and get a combo that way.

This match up is harder since the patch. A friend of mine with who I play almost everyday plays Axl, and it's getting tougher. His stance is damn quick now, but we can 5p him out of hit.

Approching from the air is almost impossible now. His Dp is godlike. 

So, erm, we can't zone him, we can't come close to start pressure.

I feel like it's a hard match up for Bedman.

I mean, even just throwing out task A is hard, getting interrupted almost every time. And staying in the air is just impossible too.

Bedman's movement possibilty is close to none in this match up, or maybe i'm missing something.

You're right the stance is a lot faster.  I used to use 2H to interrupt but that completely fails now.  Are 5P and 2P only things that work?  They seem inconsistent.  

Use to just sj Task B YRC to close in, but that wont work anymore, will it?

Actually havnt played much of this MU since the patch came out, but before I felt it was pretty easy, mostly because of his up close game. I can see his pressure getting stronger with rensen YRC, but before I thought it was pretty even

5p works most of the time to get him out of stance, almost no timing is needed, just push A after it hits you on block. Problems is, he can go in stance again right after that. And yeah, 3HS is useless against it now, to slow.

Sj. Task B YRC works, but what do you do after that? 2 S beats all our options from the air, has a huge hitbox. On the ground Axl beats every Bedman's options, and approaching from the air is impossible, so what the f..k can we do? :p

But we play everyday with my friend since day 1, so he knows the match up very well, maybe not comparable to random Axl from psn. He can shutdown most of Bedman options atm. And right now I must admit that I run out of options, whereas in the beginning I was winning most of the time. Don't know if it's because of Axl Buffs or just his knowledge of the match up that has improved. (and I must admit he's strong overall, best Axl by far that i've seen  :p )

The way I was playing it before the patch I'd try to be very defensive during the neutral and not move in on him unless I got a Task A headed his way, I see him whiff something, or I predict his next move.  

Also I've had luck with the fact that his j.S can be poked out of quite easily from my experience. Feels like the hurtbox extends out before the hitbox, so I've hit him with 5P and j.P, sometimes 6P. It helps at neutral since j.S has huge range and brings you midrange

Other stupid things for this MU.

Good: our 2P is just a stance denial button. You can mash it all day from someone camping in stance and get a CH like 4 out of 5 times.

Bad: he can counter (heaven can wait) our 2 and 3H and actually get a k/d or combo off of them. Cery annoying

2P generally works but it's so unrewarding I feel like it's not much of a deterrent.  Dashing still works against it, though it's risky cause if he makes a big delay between his attacks it will mess up the timing on the teleport catch.  It's worth keeping in mind though because you can get really big damage if you successfully dash into a chain.  You can get a c.S combo for about 200 damage.  That should make him think twice about it.  

Its not rewarding, no. But it is easy and reliable af and is almost guaranteed to stop him. I sat fullscreen vs a friend of mine that played a few rounds tryin to troll with stance and I just mashed 2P all day, CH'd him nearly every time. If you can get a good read on stance with a dash, its obviously better, but if he delays, stance puts out some good damage

Not sure really. Blitz would work. Otherwise I assume you can air throw it. What happens if you try to try to backdash it?

If you could do it fast enough, backdash could work. He crosses up so fast though that you could end up dashing (which would make both wiff, but still). All of those are options that work, but I end up using a lot of meter for FD otherwise death occurs. Its like the only move of his that works with like a 99% success rate, mostly because of how fast it -moves- not its startup

So, my one issue with this MU. How do you deal with that stupid as hell crossup special?

Block it.

Obviously best, but he's still +1 after, so IBing is practically necessary. Blocking it is harder than blocking a dust since it hits high AND crosses up, and is at advantage. I mostly just get lost when even looking at it because it can cross up at nearly his 2HS' max range, or so it feels