Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. Bedman

• Use this thread to discuss the Bedman matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

Played a long set with GC yoshi, whose bedman is pretty sick.

MU is pretty even or in I-no's favor in my opinion.

But here's bedman's strengths vs Ino

j. Headball angle is very good against TK note. They seem to go under alot and clip her feet. sometimes bedman can convert to a combo, esp if he uses the teleport version.

Returning head ball > 3H (underground spike)frame traps are good since I-no likes to jump in neutral

Bedman j.S is a nightmare for I-no (no pun intended)

Bedman wakeup clock super is very strong option for Bedman (safe, invul, & comboable), but there is a good counter

has great air to air normals and likes to stay up there. 

hard to counter throw, his normals push you away very often.

tick throw game is super strong, gotta make fast reads to do VCL to counter it

Here's what we can do in the MU

HCL is super hard for Bedman to deal with. He has to guess parry dash or try to get into the air, but HCL > HCL will keep him on the floor

HCL & Note will kill replay icons and keep their active frames to hit Bedman

Utilizing hoverdash > IAD's to mess up super input on bedman's wakeup is really strong. If bedman has 50% on wake up, there's not really any reason for him not to do alarm super. he might get 236H instead or get CH for being unable to input it.

j.P / spaced out j.H is your best friend since bedman likes to approach from the air with his huge normals

You can jump out of blockstrings xx blade top special replay, there's a big gap. Bedman players can catch on and change up the timings to add more hits to the chain to catch your feet or do the special early. Just look for the big green replay symbol.

Don't let bedman get into the 45 to 60 degree angles above I-no. It's pretty tough to deal with him when he's there. so run and get some breathing room 

adding a bit more to the notes after playing so many bedmen.

use blitzshield against body splash if you're not sure about your 6P anti airs, esp if the bedman is doing an ambiguous cross up setup.

kill the deja vu symbols any time you can using hoverdash > j.K / note / hcl. hoverdash k is awesome since you can approach and knock out some deja vu's while approaching.

on defense, wait it out if he has a lot of deja vu's already set up. they will dissipate and bedman will have to resort to using the actual move to set up shop again. watch out for these opportunities or just go ahead and dead angle if you think it's not worth taking the possible damage

utilize VCL if the bedman likes to go sky high. 

5P anti air is super effective

be content sometimes to fireball war with bedman. if you have the life lead you're winning. watch out for ground spikes though (3H)

Some punishes

If you end up blocking a grounded Task B, It's -13 so it's pretty easy to get a c.S > 6P > ... punish. If you're not confident on the punish, you can always Throw.

Air Task B is only -5 so going for a throw punish is probably the safest. Wiffed Task B has 8(?) landing recovery frames, so it's possible to get a c.s punish.

Most decent Bedmans will not go for a Task B unless they have 50% meter to RC. Against I-no, you will see a TK Task B done every now and then, as a sort of air control tool to stop things like hoverdashing.

Sometimes Bedman opt for a K version of Task A in their blockstrings to try for a pressure reset. React to this with something like 2s > HCL or similar.

I'm not sure how good the next bit is, but it's a thing I suppose:

If you end up blocking a grounded Task C (Didn't react in time to antiair, no meter to blitz, etc), It's around -2 on block. Bedman can go for a 2P here which is a 5 frame normal to try and continue pressure. If he goes for a 2P, you can poke out with a 2K and it will combo in to at least 2s > HCL. However, If Bedman goes for a 5K instead, 5K actually has low body invul frames from early on. This naturally will crush the 2k option. However, 5K is a 8 frame normal, giving a 10 frame gap.

Nothing is really guaranteed though, since it's only -2. Bedman could jump out or whatever.

Sort of a similar case to Instant blocking Sins slide. Both have options left.