Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. Faust

• Use this thread to discuss the Faust matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

Honestly still new to i-no but god damn does this one feels rough. It seems like if you don't get note for lockdown or get some kind of knockdown on him you're in for a bad time. He seems to swat me out of the air with ease and the only way to get him to respect me is yrc vcl and the occasional well timed 6p.

Any tips or suggestions?

These are some notes I've typed for the Faust matchup so far. Let me know if there's anything better answers for his bs. 

http://www.evernote.com/l/Ae_mYwlqq9VAOY3qkTC4pFrJGCJEcVw5BH8/

A few little notes I've taken on the matchup:

- I-No 2S beats Faust f.S at start of round, but loses badly to jump (he gains positioning or damage and we gain nothing)

- Door punishes are inconsistent depending on spacing.  I've found more success waiting for the door to appear and Blitz Shielding or Gold Bursting him out of it

- Speaking of Gold Burst, it's really good vs Faust.  He doesn't really have big combos anyway and his combos are very burst safe, better to get the 100 meter which is very useful in neutral vs him.  I try to gold burst early, opens up more/easier FDC options as well.

- If you do need to burst normally, when he combos into Going My Way in the corner if you burst it on startup it puts him in the corner