Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. Sin Kiske

• Use this thread to discuss the Sin Kiske matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

I've played a few good Sin players and it doesn't seem too bad of a match for I-no.

Main thing vs. Sin is defense. gotta make them run down their food meter so they feel like they can't keep frame trapping you.

Once you see them eat, hit that HCL

the 236H? poke that sin has is his best tool vs I-no. try to stay out of this range when doing ANY special move since it kills projectiles and still hits I-no. if you get tagged by this prepare to burst

also j.236H? is super very hard to get around since it covers the hoverdash space. so opt for full screen notes and max range HCL's

as a beginning Sin player whos trying to learn all the MU, I think this is seriously on INos favor as a 6-4. (Seriously having prob with this mu) Beak Driver can kill notes but Chem Love totally shuts down beak driver AND Sin's slide doesn't go far enough to even punish it if done on max distance. 

But didnt think of air beak driver to shut down INo's approach, I guess I should do more of that to kill her air dash. I also find it hard to 6P I-No's incoming mix-ups since Sin's 6P comes out rather slow. 

So, as a Sin player @drzero7

• You can 6P to avoid or punish (if close enough) her Chemical Love, 2D to get under or simply 1FD
  • Beak Driver can kill notes, can be used to pressure her if you cancel it with hshshshshs or bullbash (moderately and watch out from BS), can be also used to punish her while she's going to cast a note and do a beak driver CH combo
  • If you want a faster option since you find 6P too slow to AA her (depending on the situation 6P might still be your best option) use your DP, if blocked be prepared to hop/cancel it into something else, or BS, again, be sure that your opponent is going to hit high or low.
  • I-no has a weird hurtbox so some things you normally do on Sol/Sin/Slayer/random opponent don't work or work differently, that's the annoying thing