Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. Millia Rage

• Use this thread to discuss the Millia Rage matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

Having a big problem with this matchup. Millia tends to jump at very high and awkward angles so I have a hard time hitting her out of the air. The Millia's I fight tend to be very jump happy.

Been playing this matchup lately against some pretty good Millia's, got some notes I think would be helpful. I'll post more about the actual match later, just some things off the top of my head I'd like to get down.

- When you get knocked down in the corner from her j.H (the hair helicopter!) you're going to have to take the ring pressure. If you have 2 bar you can dead angle out if you block the first mixup right, they will either go low or high here so just get ready.

- some players like to do roll > roll > throw as a mixup. This is not safe so you can punish it with quick normals (2p, 5k, c.S)  into a combo, or just go for a throw yourself and beat them.

- If they do roll > dignitas (the spike move after roll) this is actually punishable on block unless they do it from max range. If you block this, do a 5k > HCL > knockdown into our pressure. 

- Also in the corner, if they fail the first mixup another popular one they go for while you are still in blockstun from the ring is 6k > S version of ring (one where its around her and she spins like a ballerina). This is -1 on block so although we can't punish, get a fast normal out there so you can get her in blockstun because we have to get out of the corner if we want to win this match.

- Badmoon is unsafe on block (the moon coming down). If you block this you can get a free 6p > 5H > air combo. This is imperative to punish on block because of the damage and momentum swing we get.