Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. I-No

• Use this thread to discuss the I-No matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

go nuts,

try to out read who does HCL first then punish,

remember her defense is ass so knock I-no down and go ham.

I don't know about going ham; it's better to play a bit safer and see if they're the kind of player to try and fish for a knockdown with HCL or if they're trying to trick you up with gimmicks. If you find them to be of the fishing type, then go for the bait and punish. If they're playing gimmicky, go ham. it really just depends on the opponent's playstyle.

One (kinda obvious) thing in this match up is that the other Ino is going to better know how your strings work and where to mash. As such I tend to get more mileage out of counter hit set ups in the mirror than usual.

You can punish the other Ino's note from almost full screen with HCL, if she's doing notes at neutral.

It's also an option to OS a safe jump with kick or 2s to hit Ino's who are back dash happy and don't wanna block their own stuffs