Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollysmoke

[Xrd] I-No vs. Chipp Zanuff

• Use this thread to discuss the Chipp Zanuff matchup.
  • If the matchup is giving you trouble, check to see if this post already contains info which will help you. If not, be as specific as possible when asking for help and others will be glad to give advice.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated to collect useful info over time.
Round Start:

Neutral:

Offense:

Defense:

Punishes:

Combo Notes:

just some quick notes

• vcl beats out command grab, shoddy teleports and really bad run in attempts
  • This is more or less a matchup where you want to stay in the air since his ground normals are harder to contest too
  • Chip has a hard time reacting to dive shenanigans 
  • Don't even bother using notes, it's a lot better to harass him with hcl 
  • j.hs is your friend in this mu since it helps you swat him out of the sky

Played quite a few good chipps and here's some quick observations I've had

You will most likely block A LOT vs chipp. he moves so fast it's hard to pin him down with note or anything really.

HCL will whiff if he's running and he'll be running at you very much

his ground normals will destroy yours so you need to be careful about throwing out buttons.

you most likely need to dominate him when he takes to the air with teleports or airdashes. you can blitz vs the teleport mixups since most likely the chipp will use j.H 

also if chipp likes to teleport in neutral to read a note or HCL, you can wait and then air throw him for the bad read.

for leaf command grab resets, mash 5P

do not press buttons if chipp does teleport YRC. the slow down causes you to not be able to do anything to counter his assault. you have to YRC back at him

I don't think you can mash to beat the leaf command grab. You have to air throw it or just jump away & possibly hit his recovery. This is after the initial start up, when he becomes leaves.

I don't think you can mash to beat the leaf command grab. You have to air throw it or just jump away & possibly hit his recovery. This is after the initial start up, when he becomes leaves.

You most definitely can mash 5P. try setting chipp to do a blockstring and cancel into leaf command grab and see him get hit out of it.

Yep you were definitely right on chipp being hit-able during leaf grab. Not really a reactionary thing for me but it's not the worst idea if the chipp is light on frame traps. Thanks

I read your notes Choy. So is there no way to punish the Alpha blade blitz? Or I just have to learn to respect it?

Also, is Alpha blade only punishable max range? Up close it puts Chipp too far away to hit him.