Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRD21

Slayer Neutral game help??

Eh, not really. In +R, you could get away with subpar neutral play because SL's damage potential and abare was ridiculous. In Xrd my neutral game has to be much more on point. Especially considering that his neutral game is a bit weaker due to the nerf on 2HS and 2S (i miss these sooo bad). And with all his links gone, it's harder to get a hard KD as well.

With that being said, SL still has some great normals. 5P and 6P are my go to AA. 6P is also invincible above the knees and can go through projectiles and beats a buch of crap. 2S is ok but the lack of upper body invincibility and 10f startup makes it sort of lackluster, you need to get a a read pretty much.5k is a little slower but still has great range, is special cancellable and gatlings to 6HS. 6HS is great against low to the grand air dashes, nets you a PB and full combo on CH. 5HS has good range and can also AA at certain distances -- probably a normal I use too sparingly. 2HS is still good near the corner but feels pretty neutered :(. 2p you should use if you suspect their pressure is loose.

Mappa and dandy are obviously crucial aspects of game but a tight neutral is much more important. I feel this iteration of slayer is much like C.Viper. You play a smart neutral game, make your opponent scared of pressing buttons by CH'ing, and then HKD into your set-play into their death if they guess wrong.

What are some good neutral tools for slayer?

Maybe you should have read the general gameplay thread before making a new one since everything is there. Also just watch videos and you'll see what people use and don't use. Not that hard to break down.