Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alkipot

VS Faust

Feel free to add whatever since I don't know much but here's a few things I've noticed:

- Properly timed, you can dodge Faust's teleport door/air attack with 6HS (around when the blanket is flat over him). 6HS can also autocorrect counterhit door teleport and cause air drop teleport to whiff.

- The 236S of a J.HS > 236S on a crouching Faust will more than likely whiff, leaving you punishable. 236P also whiffs on a crouching Faust.

- Unless I just got lucky, you can dash forward into Faust's f.5S if he's mshing it at the beginning of the round for a quick teleport.

On Faust 2D > 236H is a combo if you're close enough.  I don't think it works on anyone else but I could be wrong, haven't checked.  

How useful is this?  No idea.  

It's an annoying matchup, but pretty even from what I can gather. Try your best to crouching H him out of items and pokes, make use of dash's guard point if there's an item you can take advantage of. Bedman really likes the black hole for "short hop" mixups and really hates the trampoline (maybe it's just me, but I think Bedman should stay pretty close to the ground unless he absolutely needs an A' out). Speaking of A', Faust can open a door if he thinks you're getting too cheeky with your Task As or A's. Faust is strong in the air but Task C Deja Vu works exactly like you'd want it to in this matchup. The biggest troubles come from neutral, where Faust can harass Bedman at mid-range with very little risk. Just try to either create space so you can Task A or use a crouching H, and go from there, or call out a poke with 6P or dash guard point and start applying pressure.

maybe it's just me, but I think Bedman should stay pretty close to the ground unless he absolutely needs an A' out

This is an interesting opinion to consider.  Do you think many of our MUs would become easier if we kept to the ground?  I can certainly see why you'd feel this way, but something about giving up our air movement (or at least just not abusing it) rubs me the wrong way.  For this one specifically though I'd agree with staying on the ground because, well, it's Faust.

I'm getting totally destroyed in this matchup every time I play it.  How is staying near the ground supposed to work?  He's always jumping up super high and spamming bag bombs.  I don't know what to do.  

Faust's head bomb isn't bad, but if he's abusing it you should be able to just walk under Faust while he's high jumping and punish as he lands. If he's doing it from normal height, go ahead and smack him with j.P. He' has to land eventually, you could also cr.H him appropriately or try to time an A' to hit him from behind. If you're sure he's going to throw the head bomb, you might as well go for the high jump to punish it- I say stay close to the ground to avoid the air normals, but if he's using head bomb instead, hit him out of that.

From what I've seen in Tsubu matches you can play off messing up Faust AAs with high float and air 236Cs if/when you have too, but this can easily go against you. If you're going to jump then make sure you're outside of poke range, because from personal exp I can say you'll just get bodied otherwise, hence why staying on ground most of the time is the best bet. Jumping backwards outside of fS range and throwing 236A is generally pretty safe if there aren't dangerous items out, it eats bad fSs and stabs and gives you a potential opening. Also staying right outside of the range of his normals and trying to bait fS/2HS/far items and punishing with 2/3h through good ground movement is pretty important, too. Try not to get too into trying to punish head bombs, Faust is generally as safe as he wants to be after them. Just try to keep him honest or get advantage if possible. If you're close enough and he's being stupid with them though, SJ right into him and have it blow up in his dumbass face.

It feels like it'll generally be a really uncomfortable matchup til you get a good kd, but I can't and won't speak on m/u numbers yet. Just be patient and remember that all it takes is a good kd to start running shit on him (Just don't forget about ass super).