Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mattforce

Bnbs Combos for robo-ky

Hey guys I'm new to Guilty Gear and I think I'm finally getting the basics and gameplan for robo-ky down but I have no idea what to do for combos. I have tried looking for help but no success. So please robo-ky players assist me by posting various bnbs for different situations for ex. throws, pokes, horsie,dust. I would appreciate it :)

roboky's basic combos haven't changed from AC, so Stormlocke's AC basic bnb post is still a good source of information

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/149-ggac-robo-ky-guide/?p=21178

there are a few changes that roboky got that gives him some new combo options, but the most important thing to know is that 6p chains from c.s and it didn't in any of the older games

if you're fine with burning meter to get a launcher, then roboky's bnbs are pretty universal

Oh the combos with hs frc I'am not understanding it doesn't seem to pop them up high enough for me to follow-up any advice on that? As well as throw frc

after 2s 5hs frc you usually want to run for a few steps then do something else that launches them a little higher

the option that gives you the easiest launch for an air combo is another 5hs frc, its got the longest hit stun and its a faster normal than the other options

there is also run up c.s then jump cancel

the benefit of this is that it doesn't take any additional meter to do

what's worse about this is that its not as fast of move as 5hs, so you can't run as far before having to do the move, so you are a little further away and the hit stun isn't as long as 5hs frc, so its a little more difficult to do

also there is run up 5p c.s then jump cancel

benefits of this is a little more damage before the c.s meterless launch

the unfortunate thing about this one is that if you want to use this, you may alter the timing of  the 5hs after 2s for two reasons...

1) depending on the character you do this on, the c.s might not even connect if you do 5hs after 2s too early

2) more horizontal pushback than doing just the second 5hs frc or the c.s combo routes, which may affect the air combo you wish to do

off a throw frc, you can treat it like you did one 2s 5hs frc in terms of combos

honestly i don't recommend doing throw frc combos unless you know it will kill.  the damage is so low its generally not worth it