Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_undercover_beret

[Xrd] Slayer vs. Millia Rage

I main millia and I sub slayer. in the corner it's pretty Hard for slayer . the only advice I can tell u is just try your best to learn the setups. Punish bad midscreen disks with grab. Blitz shield can help also. I'd say to burst early because a lot of Millia combos build a lot of burst meter.

BDJC in the corner if you got meter to spend on tension because if the Millia player knows what he's doing the disk is still going to catch you on your way up BUT you don't have to deal with an immediate 50/50. If the disk is bad enough you'll jump straight out but be wary of air throw here instead.

What Nov said about bad discs is really important. You can 2P mash out of some setups if they are badly timed.
Midscreen roll/jump setups you can Blitz the ring. In the corner you can blitz as well but it's it involves a greater risc.

This overall is a hard matchup because Millia can just run around like a damn fool with her excellent mobility making it very hard to pin her down to get your own play going. However with all low defense characters that random hit is also key. Confirming into whatever damage and oki you can is extremely important. Dropping a combo and oki is an extreme loss because of the difficulties to compete with Millia in neutral.

I like 6P, 2D and 2HS in this matchup. 

A couple things that I've seen in matches against Millia:

5P can work very well as an anti-air with her IAD approaches, it can be baited by the pin so don't get too reliant on it if they aren't doing low to the ground approaches.

Millia's run animation can make close slash whiff on her entirely.  I wasn't too happy when my attack completely whiffed and I got punished when she was right next to me :/

2HS is a good tool if Millia is trying to pressure with 2K and in between her dashes to do 2K again 2HS can catch her and potentially CH her, if you can get a 6H into meaty K Mappa you can do over 200 damage meterless.

So apparently, 6P usually losses to IAD j.P, and 5P mostly losses to it too. Can I 2S her out in the air? though this millia player that I'm usually against runs before doing 2K or j.P mash so I might get hit in the nuts if I tried to do that.

and what do I do if she likes to 2K as soon as she sees me vanish due to dashing? and what should I do if she keeps mashing throw after a knockdown and I dash around her? mostly if I try bdc mappa after I crossed her up her 6H hits =/

"...keeps mashing throw after a knockdown and I dash around her?"

If You are absolutely sure he will mash you can either 6P him or: feint a close cross up dash and go for the long dash, you will be logically out of his 6H range, and if you react fast enough you can catch a nice counter with a Pile Bunker.

Funny thing, I was watching hase marathon against millia and I kinda saw what you said. so 2D>6[6]>pPilebunker, what happened is it traded with her 6H lol.

but really though, what should I do with a trigger happy millia? should I just stick to 5K and whiff UP>IL?

Trigger happy is what I call players that likes to press buttons in a non scrub/mashy way. This is the same dude that I can never tick throw nor overhead in UMvC3 because he mashes jabs everytime there's a gap in my blockstrings.

So In general though, will 5K and 2H be my bestfriend in this matchup?

Trigger happy is what I call players that likes to press buttons in a non scrub/mashy way. This is the same dude that I can never tick throw nor overhead in UMvC3 because he mashes jabs everytime there's a gap in my blockstrings.

Frame traps.