Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The_undercover_beret

[Xrd] Slayer vs. Bedman

What is your feeling on this match-up? Before 1.1 it was already itchy, but with Bedman buffs damn its getting more and more complicated. Another bullshit character that spam the screen and that you don't want to be far from.

His 2k is a real issue as it breaks all Slayer moves and gives automatically an Okizeme (when connecting to 2D). This mofo has serious oki setups, he has gain some real damages, but one of the main problems that already existed before is his constitution. Playing Slayer against à character that can handle a lot of damage is a major issue.

Anyway still learning to handle this character, and similarly to Sin, Ram, El, Leo, its taking a bit more time than "old" characters.

My biggest success so far is the 2H buff since a lot of Bedman's rely heavily on 2K/2S/2D. Just be ready to caitalize on CH since imo it's unconfirmable to 6H in corner but DoT you can buffer confirm for midscreen.

Also 6P is really good against triangle-dashing if you have good reactions. Throwing 5P can work but you will also eat j.S and whatnot so it's situational.

You can BDJC out of basically everything he has for oki and if you FD he will be pushed out almost instantly during pressure giving you room to breathe and counter poke.

You can Blitz Task A oki and throw him on the teleport.
You should never ever block a Task C. That's just super scrubby of any Bedman to use in blockstrings IMO. You can beat it with 2S, 6P and Blitz. I personally prefer 2S and Blitz. 2S will CH so you can cancel into CWH if you can accurately determine what side you are on.

*EDIT*
Played some matches yesterday. I had my troubles but maybe something