Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epikku attaku

why so dead

this game is really good, other than the fact that it's really hard to learn, since theres no challenge mode like the more popular fighters.

The region thing limited some players, but there should still be some.

Most of the players hang out on IRC (irc.mizuumi.net, #examu). It's pretty easy to find games but most of us don't hang out with our ps3s turned on at this point

fighting games in general are niche. but if you speak popularity ...

blazblue is close to 50%

doa is pretty close to 50/50, & is 1 of the most popular 3d games. The only reason Tekken's more popular, was because it was made 1st.

most popular doujin fighters I know of are either touhou or melty blood. both have more girls than boys, or no boys

AH3 is still the best fighting game ever designed but I personally don't see much incentive to play at the moment until SIXSTARS!!!!!! or AH4 hits consoles.

AH4 was announced? 

Naw but I assume it is in works. Seems like SS will be the last hold-over update. Hopefully we will hear about it this fall or winter.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Six Stars!!!!!!. It'll take some time. The game doesn't see play much besides a very dedicated community, the aesthetic throws off a lot of people. I hear it has some popularity in the Smash scene. There are regional followings in PA, NC, UK, and a few other scattered areas outside of Japan. Not a lot to be said, show up to a Big E major and there will probably be Arcana players there.

I wouldn't hold your breath for Six Stars!!!!!!. It'll take some time. The game doesn't see play much besides a very dedicated community, the aesthetic throws off a lot of people. I hear it has some popularity in the Smash scene. There are regional followings in PA, NC, UK, and a few other scattered areas outside of Japan. Not a lot to be said, show up to a Big E major and there will probably be Arcana players there.

Ah okay... Should I just buy LOVE MAX in the meantime then? I thought about waiting for SIX STARS to release and just getting that, but if it will take a while, maybe I should go ahead and get LM. (I didn't have the money to get LM when it first came out, haha.)

Yes, not much is changing in Six Stars, and it'll probably be at least a year before it comes out on console.