Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT-CS2] Carl Clover Video Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcIzapAsqvE

Keep an eye on my channel! I'll have more videos up soon. Sorry about the quality. Does anyone know how to upload vids to youtube in a higher res? This matches are like... 300mb a piece, and then come out on youtube looking like that? Ghei.

EDIT: nvm, they auto-fix.

Lokin good corners.

If you know the opponent is gonna AirDash at ya. Meet him air-to-air with allegretto or vivace to escape. We both know 6A & 5C would have lost against Jin's constant IAD J.B's. The first step is not using those as AA. Nice work.

Yeah, I have a LOT of work to do vs Jin. I eat stupid crap all day. More matches are up, keep an eye out. Lag makes me saaaaaad, though. All the same, I need to work on my execution. Psychic airgrabs are worthless without the 0-death. =(

Double-post to update: I added more vids. They're all still online matches, and I haven't identified the players yet (busy week). Autonomous added more vids, including one with Kyaku vs Kune that has a (I think) double-perfect. I realized something. We can karacan iad between the bell bug and the spit zoning crap. As long as Kune doesn't have the barrier cloud, we should be able to get a free CH combo. I'll practice it when I get some free time and let people know how well it works.

^^ I'll subscribe soon. Stupid question, I'm sure. How come your titles are all character names? I would like mine to be that way. ATM, I just crop the player names out because I never ask anyone if I can upload our vids.

:D You can just disconnect from live and it'll do that. I was capturing vids at school, so I kinda had no internet to access. I'll be adding the player names soon, though, so people can take credit/get tips/whatever.

:D

You can just disconnect from live and it'll do that. I was capturing vids at school, so I kinda had no internet to access. I'll be adding the player names soon, though, so people can take credit/get tips/whatever.

wait.. I was disconnected and it still showed their names! Hmm...

Here's one of mine from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLfcOwU68mo&feature=channel

If you wanna see my match against Renegade's Nu, it's in the DL vs. GFAQ thread.

:vbang: So many dropped/ not-capitalized-on whatevers.

AutonomousR updated his Youtube account. Thanks Autonomous! __________________

I recently went to a local tourny and made second. I ended up losing to a Tager player who mains Carl (said he sucks at the mirror match). I think I played pretty well but I screwed up allecancels a lot and dashed before I hit the ground a lot therefore dropping infinite resets. ಠ_ಠ Criticism would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaW9ptdfr0&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmFD3CP4eY&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgH9M7T690&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaW9...er_profilepage

3:10- Why are you in such a hurry to approach?

3:15- Corner infinite set-up. NICE!

3:29- 5B, JB+C would have hit Tager b/c he's so fat.

3:37- CH 5C, IAD, J.A, J.A, J.B, 2B, 3C..

3:50~4:00- 6A will always AA Tager, UNLESS he psych's you out with a Delayed J.2C. 6A also beats J.2C when timed properly.

4:13- Vivace thru burst was NICE!

4:30~4:45-Ouch. 6A works I swear.

That's it for now. That Tager was beast.

Finished the vids: you lost b/c of all the drops. Keep at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQaW9...er_profilepage

3:10- Why are you in such a hurry to approach?

3:15- Corner infinite set-up. NICE!

3:29- 5B, JB+C would have hit Tager b/c he's so fat.

3:37- CH 5C, IAD, J.A, J.A, J.B, 2B, 3C..

3:50~4:00- 6A will always AA Tager, UNLESS he psych's you out with a Delayed J.2C. 6A also beats J.2C when timed properly.

4:13- Vivace thru burst was NICE!

4:30~4:45-Ouch. 6A works I swear.

That's it for now. That Tager was beast.

Finished the vids: you lost b/c of all the drops. Keep at it.

Yeah, I figured that was the main reason. I don't think I normally screw up that much but it's only like my second tournament I've ever done, so I got pretty nervous.

I can tell I was being too reckless, impatience is a habit I need to break. I've actually never tried that CH 5C combo before so I'll definitely practice it. Thanks for the useful advice, this match-up has been giving me a rough time ever since I played ravaii offline :vbang:

Watched all of you videos Light. Your Carl is great. Broke my heart to see you lose. ;_; You already mentioned the dropped combos so I'll move on: -Kyle basically touched up on how basically you weren't using all of Carl's resources (ie. 6A) -When tager is spamming punch over Nirvana, its easy for us Carl players to get frustrate and get really eager to punish Tager for doing that. That way we can teach the tager that its not a good idea to do that. Unfortunately for me what happens a lot is, they're just outside of 5C range. If you dash up, then you'll get hit by his 5A but if you walk forward, the tager tends to stop punching because he knows you're up to something. I'll sometimes try to airdash at him but the vertical attack box on his 5A is amazing. So if you wanna go after Tager I'd suggest super jump and in airdash for the hit. Took me a while to think about that. If you're not magnetized he can't do his Atomic Collider on you. Of course if you have the life lead, I would just back away and let him spam 5A all day. He'll realize you aren't gonna come near him and then he'll come after you. Just stay outside of his long range attacks. Once he passes Nirvana he's where you want him to be, right between you two. But yeah for the most part, it was the few unlucky grabs, surpise supers, and dropped combo's that cost you. Oh yeah, i noticed you do 3C, j.2C, 2C into the clap loop. I personally do 2B, 2C when the combo is under 8 hits. I find it easier and less prone to failure (although failure still does occur sometimes). You don't have to worry about the added difficulty of allecan.

You just needed to play gayer. Even with the dropped loops/combos, you could have won that easy, methinks. At the beginning of the match, get behind Nirvana, and stay there. If he starts charging for Spark Volt, use the first time to walk Nirvana closer. Most Tagers will backdash, so space her so that if they do, you'll ~barely~ be able to connect with 6d if he tries it again. Almost every Tager will, and that's when you land a fat CH 6d combo. 6d, fly in with karacan, and get him sandwiched and blocking if he's too far. Sandwiching is better than 2k damage, any day. If he doesn't, then move Carl forward so that they'll be between you and Nirvana if they jump. If they try and land on the other side of Carl, you can either SJ and grab (I almost never bother with this, too many chances for them to guess right), backdash (:D), or just run to the other side of Nirvana and reset the whole situation. If he gets Spark Volt, neutral jump while turning Nirvana on to see if he's dumb enough to shoot the robot. If he is, you just won the fight, hands-down. If he isn't, who cares? Don't approach him. Just wait. You can do fueco to get a little chip if you want to force him to approach. EVENTUALLY, all Tagers get antsy when the timer is running low and come in, normally via SJ>whatever move it is that changes their momentum, followed up by a people's elbow. Invite them in, and, if you don't force them into block stun, jump back while fding to absorb that spark volt without taking damage. Use magnetism against him to get the block going, and win. Watch out for desperation supers, particularly during your pressure. If he ever breaks Nirvana (for whatever retarded reason), just back off, sj a lot, and stall with stk allegretto. If he has spark volt, just block it and go about your regular business. j.2c allecan, and then run away. Try and make it so that right when Nirvana comes back, he's sandwiched. Most Tagers will fall into this trap, too. There's a lot more you can do, but that's enough to beat 99% of Tager players, I think. I drop combos all day when I'm nervous and can still win just by playing the match-up, rather than my opponent. That's the fun in huge advantage fights. Don't play them, play their character, and you'll win. Note: I don't take responsibility if this gets you stomped by MikeZ. I haven't played the man yet. =( I'll put this in the Carl v Tager thread later. Like we need it. EDIT: A big reason why I suggest waiting for him to approach over approaching is because it's really easy to make a small mistake while rushing down with Carl vs Tager, and good Tager players will ALWAYS make you eat half-life for that. Why take the chance when you can just sit back and win?