Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orphanfight317

Milia Oki Thread

Placeholder for Millia oki thread.

TO DO: 

1. Write up on generic oki options
  2. Oki Options with/Without Pin
  3. 236H vs 214H
  4. Secret Garden Patterns
  5. Test character specific reversal options.

Basic Oki Setup:

• (Starter), 2D, (214K if far) 236H
    • Basic Setup off of knockdown. From here you have a couple of options:
      • 6K: Hits High, can be converted into a combo to knockdown. Special cancelable. With no meter you can go to 236S in the corner, with meter you can go into 236236S into a combo.
      • 5K: Hits mid. As a meaty it prevents jump ins and can be chained into 2k for a low or 6k for an overhead. Can be special/jump cancelled as well.
      • 5D: Hits high as all dusts do. Can be converted into a combo into knockdown midscreen with up follow-up and into a combo into knockdown with side followup in corner.
      • 2K: Hits low, fast and chains into itself. Can be used as a meaty option against Vapor Thrust. If the opponent is really close to death in the corner you can use this to OTG them.
      • 2S: Hits low from far range. Slower than 2K but has further range
      • 2D: Hits low. Causes Knockdown. Good range. Even though it leads to knockdown you have better options that lead to damage and combos.
      • 214P: Iron Savior. Hits low, has a deceptive startup since millia goes into the air first. Keeps going on whiff, which can catch backdashers. Can be YRC'd to lead to a 50/50 with j.k and 2S.
      • j.236P: Bad moon. One of the fastest overheads when done in a tiger knee motion (2369P). 
      • 214K: Roll. Can be used for cross ups. Only use once you have conditioned your opponent. 
      • 214K~K: Roll Again. If the initial roll is done close enough this can be done to create a fake cross-up
      • 214K~D: Roll into dust. Occaisionally catches people.
      • j.214k: Turbofall. If done immediately off the ground you can cross the opponent up and mix it up again with 2k and 6k
      • j.k: Instant jumping kick. May whiff on some crouchers (Testing needed)
      • Chroming Rose: Millia install. Get additional pressure/mixups/combos.
  • Throw (midscreen), microdash, 236H
    • No YRC
      • Midscreen your oki options are limited without YRC. Your safer options are meaty 5k, instant air j.k to bait throws or IAD to cross up/bait dps.
    • YRC
      • With a YRC you have access to the full suite of oki options. 
  • Airthrow
    • Opponent ends on other side of screen
      • Run up 236H
        • YRC
          • Explain Options
        • No YRC
          • Explain Options
      • Secret Garden

Secret Garden Oki:

• (air combo)-j.214s, 214H (4 Inputs): (You can opt to use 6H[2] for more damage, however this makes secret garden less meaty and you may lose some setup options)
    • Secret Garden allows for safer/more mixup. Use in corner.

• Pattern 2828
    • Use after 6H ender
  • Pattern 6246
    • Use after 6H ender
  • Pattern 1646
    • Use after 6H ender
  • Pattern 1919
    • Use after raw pin ender
  • Pattern 4282
  • Pattern 1828

Non Character Specific Reversal Options:

• Guard Cancel: Requires 50 meter and to be in block stun. Certain Characters may have better guard cancels. I'll note any remarkable ones in the character specific settings. 
  • Block Stun Burst: Can be baited. Not sure if it can still be thrown
  • OTG Burst: Probably one of the better burst options against setup characters like millia. While downed and setting up disc/SG the opponent will burst. This was good in +R, not sure if YRC disc can bait otg burst.

Character Specific Situations:

• Axl Low
    • Reversal Options:
      • 214P/K: High/Low Counter
      • 623S: DP
  • Bedman
    • Reversal Options:
      • 632146H: Reversal Super
  • Chipp Zanuff
    • Reversal Options:
      • 623S: Beta Blade (DP)
      • 22X: Teleport
      • Reversal Super
  • Elphelt:
    • Reversal Options
      • 236236D: Reversal Super
    • Notes: Her wake up animation lasts for 55F, you can abuse secret garden post knockdown against her midscreen
  • Faust
    • Reversal Options
      • 236236S: Reversal Super
  • I-No
    • Reversal Options
      • 632146H: Reversal Super: While normally throwable during startup, it is unthrowable during her wakeup.
  • Ky Kiske:
    • Reversal Options:
      • Vapor Thrust (DP)
      • Ride The Lightning
  • Leo WhiteFang
    • Reversal Options:
      • Flash kick?
      • Reversal Super
  • May
    • Reversal Options:
      • Reversal Super
  • Millia Rage:
    • Reversal Options
      • Winger
  • Potemkin
    • Reversal Options
      • Heavenly Potemkin buster
      • Screen (absorbs projectiles, causes stagger, plus on block)
  • Ramlethal
    • Reversal Options
      • Explosion
  • Sin
    • Reversal Options
      • DP: Extremely short range but able to DP.
  • Slayer
    • Reversal Options
      • Reversal Super
  • Sol Badguy
    • Reversal Options
      • DP
      • Super
      • Grand Viper?
  • Venom
    • Reversal Options:
      • N/A
  • Zato-1
    • Reversal Options:
      • Reversal Super

I know this is a work in progress at the moment, but just so you know Leo doesn't have any reversal options from his stance because he never wakes up in backturn. He has to get into it from neutral or off a setup. Also Faust's guessing game super (236236S?) and Potemkin's screen (632146H) are used as "get off me" moves as well so those may he worth putting on the list to test.

I know this is a work in progress at the moment, but just so you know Leo doesn't have any reversal options from his stance because he never wakes up in backturn. He has to get into it from neutral or off a setup. Also Faust's guessing game super (236236S?) and Potemkin's screen (632146H) are used as "get off me" moves as well so those may he worth putting on the list to test.

Ah good to know. I haven't spent a lot of time with Leo so I don't know the in's and out's of him. Are his flash kicks actual reversals or are they just combo fillers? I'll also add those two options to test.

This is my first guide, let me know if there are any formatting issues. Also any input is greatly appreciated.

S flash kick is fast, but invuln doesn't carry through to active frames. It trades a lot. HS is slower but invuln for days.

EDIT: He has a reversal super as well, 632146H.

I think Sin has a DP as well (623S), but it has really short range. Not sure about its application as a legitimate get off me tool though but it's worth testing.

So far it looks really good. I think one point you should bring up for midscreen disc oki is meaty 5K chained into either 6K or 2K, as it beats jump out attempts.

You can't throw I-no's super on her wakeup because of the games invul to throws on wakeup in general. You can throw it, just not on her wakeup. 

As far as Sin goes, he can DP out of it, he just short range. 

Something I've seen: depending if after the pin you use 6H or not, the paterns for Secret Garden must be different:

Usually, the paterns that we put in this thread work with 6H as ender, but if you don't use it the opponent will be too close to use those paterns, though you have more time to set a patern and is not character specific.

I recommend using 4282, 1919 or 1828 if you don't use 6H as ender.

Something I've seen: depending if after the pin you use 6H or not, the paterns for Secret Garden must be different:

Usually, the paterns that we put in this thread work with 6H as ender, but if you don't use it the opponent will be too close to use those paterns, though you have more time to set a patern and is not character specific.

I recommend using 4282, 1919 or 1828 if you don't use 6H as ender.

Thanks! I'll add this to the original post. I still haven't been able to test the different patterns since overtime work is killing me. If anyone has notes about the specific patterns, feel free to post them and I'll amend the post.

Thanks! I'll add this to the original post. I still haven't been able to test the different patterns since overtime work is killing me. If anyone has notes about the specific patterns, feel free to post them and I'll amend the post.

I think that if a Secret Garden starts with 1 or 4 can be used after pin ender, so 1646 could be used in this situation.

I think that if a Secret Garden starts with 1 or 4 can be used after pin ender, so 1646 could be used in this situation.

So the general idea is that since you end in pin you're closer to the corner so you need to bring back the orb with 1. If you end with 6H (2) the pushback should be sufficient enough where you don't need to bring the orb back with 1.

So the general idea is that since you end in pin you're closer to the corner so you need to bring back the orb with 1. If you end with 6H (2) the pushback should be sufficient enough where you don't need to bring the orb back with 1.

4 also works but I haven't tested enough to see if it hits all the crouchers, and if using Secret Garden so close puts you in danger of being thrown.

4 also works but I haven't tested enough to see if it hits all the crouchers, and if using Secret Garden so close puts you in danger of being thrown.

I'm guessing it hits the usual suspects like potemkin.

Hi guys :)

regarding the TO DO List Nr.5

(At least for me very important,

it helped me alot)

Millia Rage:

Reversal Options

- Winger

- Forward Roll

it helped me alot)

Millia Rage:

Reversal Options

- Winger

- Forward Roll

The roll can be attacked and thrown, is better not to use it as reversal. Winger for the other part is a good reversal, but use only if the opponent is close.

it helped me alot)

Millia Rage:

Reversal Options

- Winger

- Forward Roll

It's been said before but rolling on wakeup is generally a bad idea. It has no invulnerability and it only low profiles starting at the 4th frame. A decent meaty option will blow this up. I don't even really like winger as a reversal option.It can blow up certain frame traps since it's invuln starts at frame 1, but you need to be close to the opponent. The pay off is that you can convert winger into a combo that has corner carry and knockdown. You can get punished pretty hard for whiffing it though. On the flip side, using dead angle out of pressure is a bit safer and still gives you a hard knockdown into disc. 

As soon as top hits in corner, and wall sticks, what button should I press, and should I delay the attack to get the j.s>j.d combo?

As soon as top hits in corner, and wall sticks, what button should I press, and should I delay the attack to get the j.s>j.d combo?

depends on character. i usually do 6h jsd Iad jsh 236h oki. some character you may need to change the combo for though depending on hurt box and their weight

Generally i use

6HS jump cancel j.KSD > airdash ect

5K jump cancel j.KSD > airdash ect

2HS jump cancel j.SD > airdash ect

Something to note is that Axl's DP is a projectile, which means it can be blocked in the air, so you can do a pseudo-safe jump which you can convert into an airdash mixup if they don't DP.

Also, Slayer has backdash cancels

so in recent vids, I saw a few fun things:

236H, 5D -> YRC, 2S

God, I'm gonna have so much fun trolling people with that...

on faust, woshige used 5K-2K-2K after Hdisc, presumably to give the disc time to hit his incredibly low profile crouch.

on Elphelt, Nakamura was using double jump after Hdisc in the corner into low airdash mixup. Also, being generally ultra safe with oki options, even backdashing into SG after j.H(2) -> pin, and back jump to forward jump. The former seeminly to bait reversal super, the latter to avoid burst. Good stuff.

on sol, Naka doing j.H(2) -> pin ender into lust shaker, 2(pick up pin)36H is also interesting.

On DAA

EDIT: I believe Millia's current DAA is -14. That bit of information is entirely based on hearsay.

DAA.PNG

So most of her oki is character dependent? I'm new here, too. I know of Lord Knight, but it's actually good to see you here.