Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orphanfight317

Milia Oki Thread

So most of her oki is character dependent? I'm new here, too. I know of Lord Knight, but it's actually good to see you here. 

Uh, the short answer is yes.

Long answer: The general mixups you use will mostly be the same. When selecting your mixup, you should look at the following factors:

Type of knockdown: Face down/face up. As you might know, character's wake up speed varies by the type of knockdown. For details on this, see this post - http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10082-millia-basics/&do=findComment&comment=931023

Location of knockdown: Midscreen or corner. For the most part, you get stronger mixup in the corner than midscreen. As in, the opponent tends to have more escape options midscreen.

Enemy tools: Whether or not the enemy has some sort of reversal or special property that helps them escape from set ups. For example, you can't really do Secret Garden to Chipp (unless it's meaty) because he can reversal Alpha Blade out. 

Enemy resources: If they have meter for blitz or Dead Angle, you should be paying attention and be ready to counter accordingly.

Miscellaneous Notes: Some gimmicky mixups only work on specific characters.

Was wondering if anyone could comment on a Chroming Rose Oki, Ive seen nakamura and lord knight both do something similar which appears to be:

(in the corner)

Chroming Rose > Jump > Turbo Fall into corner to make flowers > backdash > tandem top (HS) > ???

Then no matter how many times I rewatch I can't tell whats going on in the chaos. Does anyone else know what goes down? I figure this is a good place to ask because this is an Oki thread. Thanks.

2 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

I'd say it's a more safe Oki than just the 236H, because the Rose doesn't let them jump or mash, not even throw.

Yeah thats why I was hoping to know what I'm seeing. after 236H backdash I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore. I was hoping someone could tell.

Also what is a good followup if they the flowers hit. Do you just C.S > 2H > standard air confirm? 

16 minutes ago, GoBL1N said:

Yeah thats why I was hoping to know what I'm seeing. after 236H backdash I'm not sure what I'm seeing anymore. I was hoping someone could tell.

Also what is a good followup if they the flowers hit. Do you just C.S > 2H > standard air confirm? 

I can't answer you, I just know what I've already seen from videos, I still don't use Chroming Rose in my games : /

On 9/18/2015 at 4:32 PM, Lord Knight said:

Uh, the short answer is yes.

Long answer: The general mixups you use will mostly be the same. When selecting your mixup, you should look at the following factors:

Type of knockdown: Face down/face up. As you might know, character's wake up speed varies by the type of knockdown. For details on this, see this post - http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/10082-millia-basics/&do=findComment&comment=931023

Location of knockdown: Midscreen or corner. For the most part, you get stronger mixup in the corner than midscreen. As in, the opponent tends to have more escape options midscreen.

Enemy tools: Whether or not the enemy has some sort of reversal or special property that helps them escape from set ups. For example, you can't really do Secret Garden to Chipp (unless it's meaty) because he can reversal Alpha Blade out. 

Enemy resources: If they have meter for blitz or Dead Angle, you should be paying attention and be ready to counter accordingly.

Miscellaneous Notes: Some gimmicky mixups only work on specific characters.

LK would you be willing to comment on the Chroming rose Oki that you did in the corner. I saw you do it at Evo this year. From what I saw it was:

@corner

Chrome Rose > jump > turbo fall (to make flowers) > back dash > HS tandem top > ???

Then I can't tell cuz flowers are blowing up and it gets all crazy lol.

Nakamura does CR > TK turbofall > backdash H Tandem > 5K roll

if at any point the opponent mashes, if you did it properly all of this should combo into each other. The TK fastfall creates roses that prevent jumpout. The backdash disc gives you time to confirm if the opponent blocked or did blitzshield. It also builds a tiny amount of risc.

After roll you can do a variety of things, the most common ones are raw TKBM, dash 2S into TKBM, dash 2S haircar or raw haircar. The dash 2S variations create a flower inbetween the 2S and the following attack, which means if they got hit by 2S the following TKBM/haircar will combo (as opposed to lets say, the opponent just blocking high and being able to block TKBM after 2S because of a gap that is normally there).

2 hours ago, Rele said:

Nakamura does CR > TK turbofall > backdash H Tandem > 5K roll

if at any point the opponent mashes, if you did it properly all of this should combo into each other. The TK fastfall creates roses that prevent jumpout. The backdash disc gives you time to confirm if the opponent blocked or did blitzshield. It also builds a tiny amount of risc.

After roll you can do a variety of things, the most common ones are raw TKBM, dash 2S into TKBM, dash 2S haircar or raw haircar. The dash 2S variations create a flower inbetween the 2S and the following attack, which means if they got hit by 2S the following TKBM/haircar will combo (as opposed to lets say, the opponent just blocking high and being able to block TKBM after 2S because of a gap that is normally there).

Thank you so much this is exactly the kind of explanation I was hoping for.

I'm assuming the dash 2S is a backdash? since roll puts you in their face.

if TKBM/Haircar does connect what is an ideal confirm? [c.S] > 2HS > BnB > J.HS followup?

Forward dash, they can't do anything since they're still in disc blockstun.
Yeah you can just do a short bnb and end with j.H turbofall (flowers spawn), backdash H Tandem and run normal disc oki.