Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nima

Millia vs Ramlethal

I want to discover more this this matchup that's giving me trouble.

For one, Millia's speed helps in intimidating Ram from deploying, but i feel it's really hard to get in on Ram, i cant beat her 5S at all for some reason. 2S and HS are problems for me too.

What pokes would be good for getting in or atleast CH?

Keep in mind that 5H has very slow startup, so she basically has to read your air movement in order to hit you with it. Try jumping and airdashing in instead of just doing ground approaches. Use pin and Bad Moon, which is practically safe on block. Use haircar for surprise knockdowns, and don't forget about the roll, which I've noticed a lot of Millias online don't use at all. Roll may go under her 5S (haven't tested) and you can throw or Digitalis after it.

I have not fought many Ramlethals, so that's all I know.

If anyone needs help with blocking Ram's high/lows I would suggest using 3 slots in the training room.. Record 3 different target combos that go high/low or w/e.. and set it to Random. Block awayyy

This matchup feels pretty even IMO. If not, then it's just slightly in Millia's favor.

Her f.S flat out beats all your normals at round start, so IAD back or backdash to create some space. Rammy isn't particularly scary early game because she can't really mount an offense without setting up her swords, so move around enough that she struggles to get a bead on you. You can challenge her air to air with j.K, though it could go both ways as her j.P is equally as nuts.

The key to winning arises when she starts setting up her swords. When she does, try and do what you can to separate her from them (RC confirms, pin, airthrow). Rammy with no swords equipped midscreen is pretty weak, as she has no range to get in on you. Rush her shit down, but watch out for her reversal super, Explode. It hurts a lot.

It's hard to anti air her when she has her swords, as her j.H is just a massive vertical hitbox. Try and go air to air for this one unless she's unequipped. If you are preemptive about it, 2H can beat her jump ins pretty cleanly. On the flipside, her 6P has a fairly small hitbox that can be easily baited.

Rammy gets midscreen oki by having you tech into her vertical set sword slash off of j.D or PPP. She can make it super meaty and it leaves you in enough blockstun for her to move in to apply pressure and mixup. Her midscreen pressure is okay, but you should have enough openings to jump out, especially if you IB her strings. Learning to IB Daruo (623P) is great for getting out of her strings, as it can be thrown on IB. In the corner though, she becomes a monster. Her mixup is based around late air dash high/lows, fuzzy setups, and her command grab, so blocking her is not easy, especially with swords locking you down. Save your burst and/or meter for these situations, because her swords cover any escape you could make otherwise. If you get hit, prepare to lose a solid 40-50% life.

One of the biggest challenges you will face against Rammy is her Trance super. In combos, it adds 40 extra damage in 1 damage ticks, so her combos will end up hurting a lot more. She can also use it for oki to chip you out, and oh my god is this shit annoying. Try and save at least 30-50% meter to FD so you can minimize the damage.

It's one of, if not the most momentum based matchup in the game, so it's a "first hit wins" situation. Love this matchup though, it's so fun.

I find that this matchup is all about momentum. If Millia gets in first shes boarder line got the round in her hands. If Ram lands that counterhit 3S and sets up off of it, she's a bitch to get in on.