Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Margatroid

Millia vs BURUAIDARU EKUSUPURESU

Urgh. Her normals are really annoying, and the grenade seems like a problem. I'd never fought a really good Elphelt until tonight, and he was keeping me in the corner quite a bit. Any suggestions here?

Get the first hit and it's a win. Her only real way out is Blitz Shield. You can dash under her 5H. Don't jump into a grenade. Don't even let her get it out, actually. Run that shit down. El has the advantage of solid pokes, but she can't compete in terms of movement. If you don't give her the space to set up shop, she's not getting married.

First thing you should do if you get solidly beaten by an opponent using a certain character is to go into training/missions and learn about that character and their weaknesses and try to find a way to abuse them as your character.

One thing to know about Elphelt's grenades is that if she's hit when she has yet to throw it, it'll explode in her hands.

So just keep up the pressure.

Hm. So just stay in her face, huh. My main problem was getting stuffed by her normals when I tried to do that, mainly the bouquet 5S. I guess I can try to get in and P before she can get that off. It's pretty fast though.

This matchup is probably good training for me to stop jumping and airdashing so much in general.

Hm. So just stay in her face, huh. My main problem was getting stuffed by her normals when I tried to do that, mainly the bouquet 5S. I guess I can try to get in and P before she can get that off. It's pretty fast though.

This matchup is probably good training for me to stop jumping and airdashing so much in general.

EL is tough if she puts u in the corner........

specially now that people has the shotgun loops learned...i still dont know what to do aside from burst of BS it........FD as much as i can to win some space and position my self...

but this guys are right, once you get the knockdown she is pretty much screwed.

keep an eye for supers on wakeup, they love to do that, if you see that she has meter to do it, bait it, and punish hard that shit.

her overhead is 22 frames, 1 frame faster than dust and 3 frames slower than Millia's 6K, the like to throw it at mid range....

Bridal express is safe on block i think...if not pretty safe, expect spamming

and strawberries here and there...

Ground Bridal is unsafe at close range, so mash out a throw if someone does it from around Millia 2H range.

Ground Bridal is unsafe at close range, so mash out a throw if someone does it from around Millia 2H range.

so only at close range?

hmmmmm....i was wondering why i can punish it sometimes and sometimes not.....

Blitz sheild air bride express, to can also try and 2HS or chicken block and pinish both are kind of gambles. Also if you are fast you can backdash and punish. Dont get cornered and dont get hit by wake up super!

so only at close range?

hmmmmm....i was wondering why i can punish it sometimes and sometimes not.....

I think the frame data for the ground version is wrong in the wikia, you can throw her up close but not mash 2P/5K/2K, because she can counter them with her 4 frame startup 2P.

Lock elphet down and do NOT let her out. Roll digitalis is good for stuffing 5H WHICH SO MANY LOVE TO ABUSE I SWEAR TO GOD. I tend to rely on 5S and 5H for poking which you pretty much have to because of that f$%&ing hand gun which will hopefully make them less likely to use it. Millia is really too fast for her to use the rifle much and be wary with oki setups when she has meter.

Be very careful when going for poking wars against Elphelt, her f.S is really good even at max range.

DON'T ever approach her with air to ground if you don't have the pin with you. Her antiairs are just as good as Venom's.

Elphelt players in general seem to like to press the S button a lot given that it pretty much does anything: f.S is a great poke, c.S is a great anti-air, j.S is both. Try to bait them with backdashes, FD break, YRC shenanigans and knock her down asap.

If you really wanna go for poking wars S Tandem YRC is your best way to keep them a little more honest, especially the Bridal Express happy ones.

You can't punish Air Bridal so don't even try it. You can jump back j.p it. Only thing I've found to be of use so far.  You can kinda use pin to cancel the grenade's hitbox but.. It won't happen that often tbh. Look out for overheads and if you see that their doing a lot of loose blockstrings in Elphelt's 6P or 5D, you can mash on them up close. Its probably best to just FD it though so you won't have to deal with pressure. Her overheads are slow. 

I went to the lab and just put Elphelt on 3 records. 66 > 5k5k | 66 > 5K > 6P | 66 > 5K > 5D. Put those three on random if you need help blocking her overheads. 

i think u can bs air be. i find that helpful. or just upback it and jp. her overheads aren't really that good at all. shotgun stance is the problem though. you gotta know when you can jump or 2k mash it.