Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illness690

How do you deal with people who constantly mash buttons?

I-No is a knockdown/setplay character right? A lot of her mixups involve getting the opponent to respect you and be afraid to press buttons, except online that plan doesn't work. Nearly every online player loves to mash buttons, even on wakeup. Like, WHY would you press on a button on wakeup??? Shouldn't you be afraid of getting counterhit? If I punish you for mashing buttons, WHY do you continue to mash buttons??? Did you not learn your lesson the first 8 times??? These players totally screw up my gameplan with I-No, and I just end up switching to Leo and bodying them with his better normals that out prioritize their mashing. How do you I-No vets deal with these types of players?

I-No is a knockdown/setplay character right? A lot of her mixups involve getting the opponent to respect you and be afraid to press buttons, except online that plan doesn't work. Nearly every online player loves to mash buttons, even on wakeup. Like, WHY would you press on a button on wakeup??? Shouldn't you be afraid of getting counterhit? If I punish you for mashing buttons, WHY do you continue to mash buttons??? Did you not learn your lesson the first 8 times??? These players totally screw up my gameplan with I-No, and I just end up switching to Leo and bodying them with his better normals that out prioritize their mashing. How do you I-No vets deal with these types of players?

1) use note Oki or VCL YRC oki online and they lose for free.

2) j.D destroys mashing, so does delay HCL YRC

3) Don't play online and expect a seamless experience.

4) Ino is actually a character, like Millia, where even 1F delay makes it almost impossible to lose...You picking Leo instead is actually FAIR and a nice guy thing of you to do....

VCL yrc is so cheap. I love it.

Your issue is probably more neutral game.... and the fact that it's an online environment using I-no.

My favorite thing to do vs ppl who mash between your strings is to 

do a block string that pushes you a bit out of throw range > CH 2HS!!!

ex. hoverdash j.K > j.S > land > 2HS

that'll make them feel real dumb for mashing. Then you get the hover dash cancel into a full combo.

I didn't know you could mash out of our bullshit online.  You learn something new everyday it seems......

It's kinda how people are supposed to play against I-no lol

That's why you can't just hoverdash in and hope they curl up into a ball. 

It's always a read of how defensive/scared they are if you're going to do hoverdash > blockstring > hoverdash, cuz the gap is huge

Good players are going to mash their good/fast anti air normal to keep you in check, so you gotta have those meaties and counter pokes down.

If you are not mashing against I-no on defense then you are not playing the matchup right lol. 

Ogawa vs. Koichi.....prime example. Ogawa mashed in all the right places lol.

If you condition 2P > tic throw, then 2P > 2H will catch mashing, and 2P > 2S can catch jump attempts.  It's a true block string, but if you're trying to jump you're not blocking lo... oh wait... fuck.  :vbang:

Anyway, I-No had some good frame traps before, and 1.1 should help a little bit.  Since STBT-H will allow follow ups on regular hit, CH 5H will actually be worth something, so stuff like '2P > 5H', or '5K > 5H', or even max range '2H > recover > 5H' will be good because you can combo into STBT-H for some corner push and damage.  It'll be even better than 2H CH since 5H doesn't have the 80% prorate.  This was a tactic I used a hell of a lot in +R because f.S was amazing for setting up a 5H/6H trap.  If they try to go low under your f.S zoning, CH 5H for corner push into 50%, and if they went over it you had a CH 6H for corner push into 50%.  Current f.S isn't as good for this (5H wont reach at max f.S range), but maybe you can still surprise people with it from time to time at close f.S range if you delay the 5H slightly (since f.S is so - on block) to make them think you just messed up when you wanted c.S.  Normally I wouldn't suggest such a thing, but getting f.S when you want c.S is so goddamn common with I-No that people will probably fall for this.