Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APinkBuny

Axl Vs Pot

Since there are no Match up threads for Axl I figure I would throw in my 2 cents on this match up.

Match Up 6-4 in favor of Axl

Key's to the Match

Spacing, Spacing, Spacing

Try to stay mid range during the whole match. A good distance to stay in is just inside j.S range.

j.S and c.HS are the go to pokes in this match. The reason for this is they hit twice and break Pot's dash move.

With proper spacing you have a lot of options for c.HS (written below)

c.HS, Dust, Air Combo (corner carry)

c.HS, Sickle Flash 8, c.HS

3P frame traps can really frustrate Pot players but its risk reward.

What to do if Pot gets in.

It will be hard to keep out Pot 100% of the time. Eventually he'll get in one way or another. 

What do you do to bring it back? Here are a few options I use.

Burst, Sparrowhawk

Artemis Hunter, RC, Sparrowhawk

This match up isn't a cake walk but it's not as hard as others. Just remember to Punish every jump in, keep that spacing tight, and play the poke,counter poke game.

This is my first match up write up but I hope this helps.

Potemkin can get in with Hammer Fall, (if he's close) or I.C.P.M. if he's far off. 

True with Hammer Fall pot can get in if he's within 1 character length. If however you keep Pot in just slightly over 1 character length even by just a hair j.S and c.HS will hit 2x and will be open for a follow up.

In the case of I.C.P.M If you time it just right Sparrowhawk High can hit him out of it. Tho the timing is crazy.

True with Hammer Fall pot can get in if he's within 1 character length. If however you keep Pot in just slightly over 1 character length even by just a hair j.S and c.HS will hit 2x and will be open for a follow up.

In the case of I.C.P.M If you time it just right Sparrowhawk High can hit him out of it. Tho the timing is crazy.

It's from what I experienced playing against Axl, then I remembered this thread is about how Axl can deal with Potemkin.

Honestly, potemkin is much less of a threat in this version than previous ones, I'd say it's even better than 6-4. His approach tools are just too weak to really stand a chance, since ICPM consistently puts him in 2S territory. I will say that I don't think sparrowhawk is all that strong in this or any matchup though. It's a lot to set up, so you can't really react to things with it, and getting blitz'd out of it or tagged with something (Since they're hurtboxes) might be the chance potemkin needs to get his momentum back. Just stay patient and punish him for trying to do anything.