Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goryus

[CT] ν-13 Combo Thread

Im not sure if this was posted or not but you can do dd 4dd into 236236d

it was posted already...post #40 mentions it. :kitty:

There are variations like that do more damage, yep. The most generic one is 3C > 214A > 6A > j.DD > 214D > land > dash > 3C > 236D. Doesn't work on every character, though it works on most. Unfortunately, you can't connect a full air combo afterwards. The main problem is that 214A adds 10,000 proration points, and the combo already has a lot of them to start with.

I posted a link to it last page, I'm not so mysterious ;-; Also, I'll probably record anything else added and some of the combos from the later posts since I enjoy playing around with the tuner I got quite a bit. ... Though next time I might take the music off, I'm sure hearing White Requiem endlessly might get a little annoying.

I posted a link to it last page, I'm not so mysterious ;-;

Also, I'll probably record anything else added and some of the combos from the later posts since I enjoy playing around with the tuner I got quite a bit. ... Though next time I might take the music off, I'm sure hearing White Requiem endlessly might get a little annoying.

Excellent, thanks.

For the relaunches, if you can capture them at the end of any combo, that's good enough. Turns out if you're fast enough, all of them but the first one will always work - it's just a matter of timing (doing the double jump DD quickly, and cancelling into 214D fast.)

Excellent, thanks.

For the relaunches, if you can capture them at the end of any combo, that's good enough. Turns out if you're fast enough, all of them but the first one will always work - it's just a matter of timing (doing the double jump DD quickly, and cancelling into 214D fast.)

That works for me, I'll also capture that 3C > 214A combo you put in there, since that's the one I generally use anyways. Though I've got to ask, can you get that to work on the whole cast? I tried a while ago, and could only get that one specifically to work on Bang, Jin, Ragna, Noel, and Tager. Course, I believe the issue was them being too far away for 6A to hit, so it could've just been a problem with me dashing too little when I could've stuffed in more.

That works for me, I'll also capture that 3C > 214A combo you put in there, since that's the one I generally use anyways. Though I've got to ask, can you get that to work on the whole cast? I tried a while ago, and could only get that one specifically to work on Bang, Jin, Ragna, Noel, and Tager. Course, I believe the issue was them being too far away for 6A to hit, so it could've just been a problem with me dashing too little when I could've stuffed in more.

It doesn't work on everyone, but you can make it work on more people by dashing forward slightly after the second 214A. (Kinda like how the dash > 6C works in the advanced low combo)

i'm having trouble w/ the advanced combos 5DD>4DD>IAD>X for some reason i'm just getting a jump instead of an IAD, but my input shows an IAD, any reason for this? too fast too slow?

You are probably doing it too fast. Just try to jump foward a couple of times after a 4DD and get the timing for the earliest time you can jump cancel it and then try doing the iad once you get the timing for the jump cancel.

Alright, I didn't do the advanced throw you added in since it's right at the beginning of the video you linked in good quality, but I revised a few and did the relaunches (they're all just tacked onto beginner anti-air combos relatively near the corner rather than fancy 'how/why did you do that' type combos).

Nu Intermediate Antiair 01 - did this one the actual way listed, got like 4700 damage.

Nu Intermediate Highlow 03 - did a mildly improved version that did 3746 damage and better illustrates how far out you can do it from the corner (still assuming I'm not missing something obvious and it can somehow be done away from the corner).

Nu Advanced Ground 02 - 4691 damage, pretty good, though you obviously have to tailor it a bit per character, such as 3C allowing only like 4 hits on Arakune before 214A stops working (I think that's how it was?)

Nu Advanced Relaunch 01

Nu Advanced Relaunch 02

Nu Advanced Relaunch 03 - I probably didn't need to do the jump backwards j.DD jump forward dj.DD, but I tend to do that a lot randomly.

Thanks much, it's greatly appreciated. I'll update the first couple of posts shortly. Would you mind doing a few more once I get the Character Specific combos in there?

Thanks much, it's greatly appreciated. I'll update the first couple of posts shortly.

Would you mind doing a few more once I get the Character Specific combos in there?

Sure sure, though it will sadden me to not be able to beat on generiblackred Jin for all of them. It's helpful to practice all these anyways, the 2147D [RC] specifically was one I had absolutely no experience with and demanded practice.

EDIT: actually now that I think about it, I might do some videos for Haku-men too, the combos he has seem like they'd pretty greatly benefit from some specifics on where to jump and when to swing/etc (my brother mains Haku-men and the combos are giving him no end of trouble).

Sure sure, though it will sadden me to not be able to beat on generiblackred Jin for all of them. It's helpful to practice all these anyways, the 2147D [RC] specifically was one I had absolutely no experience with and demanded practice.

EDIT: actually now that I think about it, I might do some videos for Haku-men too, the combos he has seem like they'd pretty greatly benefit from some specifics on where to jump and when to swing/etc (my brother mains Haku-men and the combos are giving him no end of trouble).

Better is

2147D > [RC] > 6C > dash > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.C > j.2C > 214D

:D

It's eventually going to be in the advanced section, as well as

3C > 236D > [RC] > dash > 2C > 6C > dash > 2DD > 2147D > dash > 3C > 236D

for the corresponding Advanced close low. Both of these are in my video already, though. =p

Is it possible to use the warp dash in combos? If not, what are some ways to end 'faraway' combos, like the really high 2D juggles (from ground)?

The only really practical uses of warp dash (act pulsar) in combos afaik is something like: 5DD > act pulsar > 2C > 6C > 236D.

Here is a fun, but not very useful throw combo on Bang, Rachael, and Tager involving the use of act pulsar: Throw into corner > dash > 2C > 6C > 44 > 2C > 6C > 2DD > 2147D > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D (4500 Damage)

Delaying the j.D and the dj.D a bit can help after a high hit with a 2D. If you hit someone with a maximum distance 6D I don't think it is possible to get the 214D to hit for knockdown, though.

It is possible to do (CH)6C > Act Puslar > 2C > the rest, but it only works at very specific screen lengths. If you aren't able to connect the 2C after the Act Pulsar you just wasted a CH 6C, so I'm not sure how worthwhile of a combo it is when there's a lot of random that goes into there.

I tend to use act pulsar when players are using their barrier shield and I'm in my C combos. Say if I start with 6B followed by 5C(4) I will go into 6C and 66 act pulsar. With me getting pushed further away from the barrier shield, act pulsar will usually put me directly behind the opponent for a cross-up. I will use 4B and launch them into a jC j2C djC dj2C dj214D air combo. Works great and catches many off guard.

So this one in a recent match vid from a-cho Anti air 2C(ch?) 6C dash 2DD jC j2C(realy late) land j2C djDD j214D done on Jin ill upload the vid to youtube later on

So this one in a recent match vid from a-cho

Anti air 2C(ch?) 6C dash 2DD jC j2C(realy late) land j2C djDD j214D

done on Jin

ill upload the vid to youtube later on

I think you mean anti-air 2c 6c dash 2dd neutral jump j.c j.2c land 2dd sj j.2c JC j.dd j.214d