Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goryus

[CT] ν-13 Combo Thread

Huh, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but the CH 2C > 6C > dash j.C link is a bit easier if you're not absolutely pointblank with the 2C. They bounce off the wall faster the farther they are from you, making the dash j.C easier to connect with. Also, delaying the 6C after your 2C helps keep them low so you don't just go under them with your j.C > j.2C. That or just limiting the number of hits in your 2C. I hope to see some people actually using that combo, it makes me happy since it uses zero swords.

Because nobody's posted anything in here for a while.

Rachel midscreen:

CH 2C > 6C > Dash > j.C > j.2C > j.214D > land > Dash > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > 2147D > Land > Dash > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > sj.DD > dj.DD > 214D (6100~)

Slightly easier version:

CH 2C > 6C > Dash > j.C > j.2C > JC > j.C > j.2C > j.214D > Land > Dash > 5DD etc etc (~5700)

also:

6A is faster than 2C

6A is 11f, 2C is 9f

6A is upper body invulnerable from 5-13. Then again, 2C might as well be upper body invulnerable :psyduck:

Ponder if I will get any help, One of the systems property is easy input where it might not be severe as sf4 but sometimes pose a problem. I'm curious but what technique have people been using to perform dash-> neutral attack. e.g. 2147 D -> dash 5DD pick up at earliest without making a mistake like 6DD instead of 5DD I will probably ask this from a perspective of a pad player.

Eh, dash then immediately move your hand from the movement pad. Like, don't keep pressing the 6 or 4 when you dash. Same technique as THrow > Dash > 2C. I think we should try to reorganize this thread, adding the combos to Goryos' nice opening posts. It would make it easier to read than going over the entire thread. I might do it myself when I have time actually, but will I be allowed to start a new thread?

Veteru pointed out this combo to me (Thanks HaruShinobi for posting this video!):

[Vid] 6B > 3C > 214B > dash > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.214D > land > dash > 3C > 214A > 2DD > j.DD > 214D > land > dash > 3C > 236D. [~6200 damage meterless]

The video does this off of a CH but it isn't really needed just more likely to land the combo since they are hit stunned for the extra 2 frames after the 6B.

The last 236D whiffs in the video and you will probably whiff always... Something I like doing at that point is 214D~C. You may get lucky and they tech while you charge and you get a another launcher into an air combo. But I think the charge is always safe to do here regardless. Safer option is not charging it of course but they may just wait it out and force you to drop your relaunch combo earlier. Even safer option would be to back dash to get some space to zone again.

This is probably character specific, but it works on Ragna so it may work on most members but Carl and Noel. I am no where near consistent in this combo to say who it definitely works on and who it doesn't and I leave that to better players.

Could some other players try this combo out and see which characters it works on please?

Similar to the below combo.

=========

ADVANCED

=========

GROUND COMBOS

[VID] 3C > 214A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > 214D > land > > dash > 3C > 214A > 6A > j.DD > 214D > land > dash > 3C > 236D

• 4691 damage
  • Use from very close range only

It only works against Nu, Tager, Litchi, Taokaka, Ragna, and Bang. Also, HaruShinobi just got that video from Maho (a Tager player who was discussing Nu's overpowered damage with me in a thread in our own forum http://dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445325&postcount=58 - the quality of the video he linked is better too :>)

Also if I remember correctly, you have to have forward momentum on the 6B, so you can't 5B - 6B - 3C or whatever you want for it.

And I would remember those six, this property allows you to much more easily land gravity well combos against them, upping the damage you can do meterless off random hits by quite a bit.

Veteru pointed out this combo to me (Thanks HaruShinobi for posting this video!):

[Vid] 6B > 3C > 214B > dash > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.214D > land > dash > 3C > 214A > 2DD > j.DD > 214D > land > dash > 3C > 236D. [~6200 damage meterless]

It works on Ragna, Bang, Tager, Litchi (difficult), Nu (Difficult), and Tao.

On Litchi and Nu, it makes it easier if you change the ender to 2DD > Delay 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D. Yes it is less damage, but getting the 2DD after the 214A is a bit inconsistent with those two, and you have to drop a lot of hits from your C's if you want a 6A > j.DD to connect.

Edit: Yeah, what that guy said :P

Edit 2: Apparently you can get a 3C > 214A to connect if you hit someone point-blanc with a 214D~C. Oddly enough, it only does slightly more damage than the 6B > 3C > 214B combos.

This combo also works on Jin but you need a little more dash momentum than on the others, and you have to cancel 3C into 214B on the last 2 hits (which you want to do for maximum damage anyways). It's possible (but hard) to punish his 623C with this if you dash and hit him with 6B just before the end of his recovery, of course it will be a bit easier if tou IBed the DP. A great use for this is after an unblockable gold burst setup, you can get 7000+ without the 236D in then end replacing it with a meaty 214D or 236DC, usefull if your opponent bursted early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL5jL-ln6w0 (sorry for the crappy phone camera quality)

214D > Dash > 2DD > j.C > j.2C > Land > 2DD > j.2C > j.DD > j.214D (~5000 DMG)

New combo i found out, a variation of Tsuakasa's neutral jump combo shenanigans with a 214D launcher. Works great even if 214D will hit at maximum distance, you'll just need to dash a little longer.

It's way more damaging then 214D > 5DD > 6DD.... , the only tricky part is the dash.

Further exploring the 214D launcher i found out you could easily do the nasty 7500 DMG combo you usually get from 214D~C, as with the previous combo it all depends on the dash.

As you can see, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ6ufUBYoMw (214D > Dash > 2C > j.C > j.2C > j.C > j.2C > j.214D > RC > Dash > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D) , it's the normal 214D and does the same amount of damage as if it was a 214D~C.

Just my two cents, I'll bring new stuff if they'll come to mind :eng101:

hey any tips on landing the 6C after the rapid in this combo? 6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > dj.C > dj.2C > 214D > [RC] > land > dash > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D

hey any tips on landing the 6C after the rapid in this combo?

6A > 2C > j.C > j.2C > dj.C > dj.2C > 214D > [RC] > land > dash > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D

RC on first frame of 214 D, that is the first step, rest is landing and tap 66C which will give you a short dash into 6C you don't need to dash too much but you can be the judge of that.

Does anyone have any tips for getting the timing for the dash into the 2C in the throw combos?

THROW COMBOS:

Throw > Dash > 2C > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D

* 3881 damage

* Timing on dash is a little tricky, but worth it for the damage

Throw > dash > 2C > 6C > dash > 2DD > 2147D > dash > 3C > 236D > [RC] > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > 214D

* 5014 damage

* Near the corner, can tack on an additional 3C > 236D

I just can't seem to land it properly.

I'm working on making a set of videos containing all the combos listed in the first post organized by difficulty. It was originally just to help me but I figured why not make make it available for other newbies wanting to learn Nu combos too. I expect for the beginner section to be done some time next week. If there are any combos not in the OP that you would like to see, feel free to reply with the combo string, a video ling to the combo (with a time stamp of when the combo is performed, if needed), and any notes you have on it such as damage done or character specificness. Thank ye. :keke:

All of the first post combos are already made into videos. Andy6000 did them and Goryus provided links to them all in the first post next to the combo [VID]

Not sure if they are here already, if they are then I'll delete this:

Close Range: DD > 4DD > j2DD

• > j214D > RC > j2DD > j214D if at close range. I didn't try it with dash 6C yet.
  • j214D~C > 2DD if at longer range. Follow with j214D stuff if you want.
  • j214D~C > Airdash > jC > combo (3C > 214A, etc)

I was talking about combining the videos into one large video so you could see them all in one link.

There's a reason I didn't do that, and it's that there are already combo videos out there with pretty much every combo listed already. I feel it's more beneficial to the learner to simply see each combo by itself, with specific notes stuck with it, rather than all of them in a line, where there wouldn't be enough room to put the notes and description each combo deserves to properly teach someone new.

Also, Jem kind of convinced me to do this, but at some point I'm going to redo pretty much every video I put up to get the maximum hit count out of it, to more accurately portray their potential damage.

The combos in the main post are really outdated and have way better alternatives, especially the intermediate-advanced part. All the newer combos (many of them are already in this thread) should be gatherd at one post and then have someone record them.

The combos in the main post are really outdated and have way better alternatives, especially the intermediate-advanced part.

All the newer combos (many of them are already in this thread) should be gatherd at one post and then have someone record them.

Please give me specific examples of combos you think are worse than new variations, and I'll try to update them.

Although honestly, this whole post will need to be revamped with CS anyways.

Please give me specific examples of combos you think are worse than new variations, and I'll try to update them.

Although honestly, this whole post will need to be revamped with CS anyways.

CH 2C>6C>dash 2DD>jC>j2C>land 2DD>j2C> dj2DD> dj214D

CH 2147D>6C >dash 2DD>jC>j2C>land 2DD>j2C> dj2DD> dj214D

blah blah>236D>RC>small dash 6C>dash 2DD> 6C>2DD jDD>dj2DD>dj214D

for starts

For the ones already in the main post:

- 5DD > 4DD > 236D or 5DD > 4DD > 2147D or 5DD > 4DD > j.2DD > j.214D

About 200-400 more damage for the latter two.

- 5DD > 4DD > 236D > RC... should be replaced (or added as a standalone) with 5DD > 4DD 236236D..... Or the much easier 5DD > 236236D.....

- Anti Air 2DD (from IAD/Jump not double/super jump) > 6C > Dash > 2DD > Neutral j.C > j.2C > Land > 2DD > Neutral j.2C (Climbing) > 7j.DD > j.214D (~4700 Damage)

I don't see AA 2DD in the main post, altough I think it could easily replace AA 6DD from close-mid range.

- Any combo* with > RC > Dash > 2C > 6C.... should be replaced with > RC > Dash > 6C > Dash > 2DD > Neutral j.C > j.2C > Land > 2DD > Neutral j.2C (Climbing) > 7j.DD > j.214D for a significant increase in damage.

*Except for 5DD > IAD > j.B > j.C........ and 5DD > 4DD > 236D > RC > Dash > 6C.....It won't work.

- 5DD > 4DD > IAD > j.B > j.C > land > 2C > 6C > 236D.... You should add > RC > Dash > 6C > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D (~4400 Damage)

- Reluanches for Tager, Rachel and Bang: 5DD > 2147D > Repeat X (Depends on the character and combo length) times > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.214D

Stuff not in the main post:

- CH 2C > 6C > Dash > 2DD > Neutral j.C > j.2C > Land > Neutral j.2C (Climbing) > 7j.dd > j.214D (~4500-5000 Damage)

THIS POST (the only two really usable combos are #12 and #7 wich is the best combo ever :eng101:)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=444470&postcount=126

Well that's what I have for now, I'll appreciate some help with this.

I'll let you do the sorting for the main post, Goryus. (Begginer-Intermediate-Advanced)

There's a reason I didn't do that, and it's that there are already combo videos out there with pretty much every combo listed already. I feel it's more beneficial to the learner to simply see each combo by itself, with specific notes stuck with it, rather than all of them in a line, where there wouldn't be enough room to put the notes and description each combo deserves to properly teach someone new.

Ah, ok. I suppose I'll just keep it for myself then. It's a big help for me because I don't have a laptop so I have to write down combos usually. I agree the text notes and a short video work really well, it's just a bother for me to watch the combo downstairs then run up to my 360 to practice it.