Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goryus

[CT] ν-13 Combo Thread

Well, post away if you make it, I'm sure it's of some help to someone, just figured I'd explain why I feel the single videos were more helpful. And I do know that doing them is helpful to yourself, that's why I did them in the first place. Also, it may just be a quirk on my part... But I don't think the j.C j.2C land 2DD link is really easy enough to warrant replacing some of the stuff in the first posts. I have an easier time doing 2DD act pulsar 2DD 6C as an extender, myself, though in a real match I don't do either, since there's a decent chance of dropping the combo trying that sort of fancy thing.

The relaunch combos are good, but I'm not sure they warrant updating the first post. The purpose of this post is not to collect all the combos that could possibly be done, but rather to provide a starting point for players who are interested in stepping up their Nu game, with a clear progression from weak but easy combos to harder but stronger ones. Let me think about it for a little while, as there may still be some updates to make that would be helpful. I've been needing to fill out the character specific section for a while, as well.

Rather than replacing existing combos, you could add a new section instead of the place holder. There aren't so many character specific combos anyway. @Andy6000, it's really not that hard, you just need to nail to timing of the first j.C and the rest is nothing serious. I personally think that if I can make it work every single time in a lag-heavy online match, than it's not so bad...

Rather than replacing existing combos, you could add a new section instead of the place holder. There aren't so many character specific combos anyway.

@Andy6000, it's really not that hard, you just need to nail to timing of the first j.C and the rest is nothing serious.

I personally think that if I can make it work every single time in a lag-heavy online match, than it's not so bad...

Hm, well, perhaps I'll just try practicing it some time, though I'll still probably just stick with the simpler stuff, since it sets you up for an RC land dash 6C, whereas extensive combos that end with j.DD j.214D don't. And that's the rapid I find myself most often wanting to use. There are advantages to each combo, really, meterless damage, positioning, etc etc.

Also, could you try to get an exact damage count for the CH 2C > 6C > Dash > 2DD > Neutral j.C > j.2C > Land > Neutral j.2C (Climbing) > 7j.dd > j.214D combo? That's one that I've never really been able to land, and I'm not currently near a PS3 to attempt it a billion times until I can land it consistently :3 I know the 2C CH 6C 2DD act pulsar 2DD 6C j.2C dj.DD dj.214D can do just barely over 5000 damage, and I'm curious to know which one is better meterless damage :3

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq-gWgoSBo8 - This is the version that I can do pretty consistently, which is 4822 damage perfectly, it's the same combo, but minus the j.C, which is five hits.

As I said it does about 4500 to 5000 damage, it depends on the hit count of the C moves and since most of the time you won't be in the perfect position for all of them to hit it will usually do 4700-4800damage, a happy medium. I never tried that 2DD > AP > 2DD, but it sounds kinda unstable, and I guess it wont work near the corner(?), the N.j combo does.

As I said it does about 4500 to 5000 damage, it depends on the hit count of the C moves and since most of the time you won't be in the perfect position for all of them to hit it will usually do 4700-4800damage, a happy medium.

I never tried that 2DD > AP > 2DD, but it sounds kinda unstable, and I guess it wont work near the corner(?), the N.j combo does.

Near the corner you simply replace AP with 2147D~C, and also, the gain from it is that you can move from the corner, to corner trapping someone. That's really the only huge gain it has going for it. And it's plenty stable, just mildly difficult to get the timing down well enough.

Also, I like knowing the ideal number, because knowing 'it does around 4700' doesn't really help me when I know that CH 2C > 6C > 2DD > j.2C > dj.C > dj.2C > dj.214D nets 4500, and is incredibly easy to boot, so you can easily concentrate on getting all possible hits (40), on top of it being the ideal 2C CH to use when you want to follow up with a RC land dash 6C, whereas others place you too far away for that to work, excluding the CH 2C 6C dash j.C combo.

EDIT: that sounded a little more rude than I meant it to, sorry :<

I guess you already noticed that all the CH 2C combos range from 4500 to 5000 damage, excluding Dash > j.C but without the corner its still ~4500. I personally think that for another 500 damage I'd rather do a much harder combo, and lets face it, Nu's combos are easy. It's just like with the throw combos, one does 3333 and the other (Dash > 2C > 6C) does about 3700, I haven't used the 3333 combo since the first week I played. Of course there's the chance you'll drop the harder combo but I think that if your'e trying to max out youre game thats a risk you should take.

Well, anyway, since that Dash > j.C combo came out its the only thing i do from CH 2C no matter where I am positioned, it's base 4500 damage, 6500 if I have meter and 6500 meterless if I get to the corner, its BY FAAAAARRRRR the best CH 2C combo no matter how you lokk at it, and even that combo's not so hard when you nail the dash jump.

I still use N.j combo just not from CH 2C as you can get it to connect from like a thousand different launchers and situations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL5jL-ln6w0).

And no offense taken :)

Yeah... The only hard part about the CH 2C 6C dash j.C combo is if you really want all 16 hits from the CH 2C > 6C part. Getting all 8 hits from the 2C means they're higher, and sometimes you'll end up jumping under them, so it CAN backfire.

Also, in terms of throw combos, dash 2C 6C is about as effective as simply doing 5DD 2DD 6C, both end up with about 3700.

In any case, I'm not near something to test, but I'm thinking you can grab a corner relaunch off of repositioning yourself from a bad position using the 2DD act pulsar 2DD 6C link. Something like CH 2C > 6C > 2DD > act pulsar > 2DD > 6C > dash > 2DD > j.214D > land dash > 3C > etc, I dunno. That's really the only high level application I can see for the combo.

Don't ever try getting all 8 hits, the first 2C should be maximun 6 hits. Try it and you'll do the combo easily, the sacrifice in damage for those 2 hits isn't significant. This stands true for all CH 2C combos as those extra 2 hits will make the opponent go too high and your chances of success will really sink.

Also, in terms of throw combos, dash 2C 6C is about as effective as simply doing 5DD 2DD 6C, both end up with about 3700.

What is the full combo for the throw you mentioned Andy6000?

Throw > 5DD > 2DD> 6C > Dash > 2D > j.2C > j.DD > j.214D

You don't even have to dash, though I've been trying to incorporate dash 2D > 6C > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > dj.214D (I swear I had this working at some point...)

Oh right, and the beginner combo++ is throw > 5DD > 2DD > 6DD > 2DD > j.DD > dj.DD > dj.214D, just stuffing those extra two swords in there gets it to about 3450 I think, I do it sometimes just because it's extra swords.

That video you just posted... isn't a combo. The combo meter resets between j.C and 3C. If it actually linked, that combo wouldn't work against... 5 of the cast? I'll have to try this out, I'm relatively certain you can link IAD j.2C land 3C 214A against Tager, but in that situation, and against others I'm not so sure.

That video you just posted... isn't a combo. The combo meter resets between j.C and 3C. If it actually linked, that combo wouldn't work against... 5 of the cast? I'll have to try this out, I'm relatively certain you can link IAD j.2C land 3C 214A against Tager, but in that situation, and against others I'm not so sure.

Yeah your'e right, but its only because I recorded from a certian distance and then played it from a different one, thats why it messed up the combo. When I do it manually it works fine.

Hm, so you're right. For a while I totally forgot the dash before the 3C, and minus the dash it only works on Tager (though quite easily). Quite the improvement on the 3100 or so you'd get before from a meterless 5DD. Though I have got to say, I cannot for the life of me get the 2C > j.DD > dj.DD > dj.214D > land dash > 3C > 236D ending to work. Pretty difficult, but fun, and knowing I can enter into a 3C gravity well combo from any falling j.C entry is quite nice as well. EDIT: wee it works with j.2C as well.

7,3k-ish Meterless CH 2C Combo on Bang::psyduck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA_5J-DEyXE

My execution isn't that good, so maybe one can get even more C or D hits somewhere in there.

I guess it should work on Tager also, I haven't got to try it yet though.

:v:

I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve, so feel free to comment.:eng101:

Yeah it's a known combo since that combo vid posted by HaruShinobi on youtube (I think the player was Ribaia), IMO it's by far her best combo even more so since CH 2C is something you see quite alot. Don't forget that even when you're not near a corner it's an excellent setup for RC > Land > Dash > 6C... wich still gives you about 7.5K Damage. And nothing's wrong with your execution, maybe you could have got one or two more hits but it's barely noticable damage-wise. There's nothing to work on with Tager, on Bang, Tager and Rachel it's the same because you can relaunch them near a corner. Oh, it's also important to mention that more than 6 hits on the CH 2C will almost always fail, since then it requires a specific distance from the other character, 6 hits will work from anywhere. The only question is if you can exeucute it during a match :P

Thanks for your advice, I'll keep it in mind.:keke: I have only gotten it off a few times in a match yet, not into the corner though. Also, I have a much harder time doing the CH 2C > dash > j.C against the lighter/smaller part of the cast. Doing it on the fatties(tager, bang and rachel) isn't too hard in my opinion. Does it even work on everyone or do you maybe need a superjump against floatier characters?

It does work on all the cast, that's one of the reasons I said that the CH 2C should only hit 6 times. It's also a bit harder from point-blank so try to land the CH 2C a little further from your opponent. And don't bother with super jumping it probably wont work.

Ahh, Thank you! The next time I find myself in Practice-mode, I'll try to get it down against everyone.

Hey all, I have down basically all of Nu's combos except for 5 DD, 4 DD, QCF QCF D (Distortion Drive). I just can't seem to get the drives to combo into her Distortion. I'm trying to buffer it as well as I can. Is there something I'm missing here?

Ohh, now that I think about it, does it only work if they blocked 5 DD but not the 4 DD? That...would explain a lot, UGH lol

Hey guys, been playing Nu for a while. Anyway, one combo I was wondering about was 5DD>IAD>jB>jC/j2C>combo. I can sometimes tag them with the jb but it seems impossible to squeeze that jc in there as well. Is there something about the timing or IAD I'm doing wrong?

It's extremely spacing specific to pull off correctly. You have to hit at the highest possible point and at the earliest possible point to connect a j.C as I recall. I can't do it reliably at all.