Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal vs Sin

Discuss the matchup here.

From the gameplay discussion thread:

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but the matchup sections are like..empty.

I'm really scrubby at the game and at the level I play, you see Sin, Sin and more Sin.

Any tips on how to deal with him? I'm bad so I'm not able to see what the gaps are on his gameplay to try and take advantage of them. His normals are either faster than mine, have more range than mine or both at the same time. Any random hit he gets, he can convert to a 10+ combo for massive damage...It feels like an uphill battle every time. He's better in the air, he's better on the ground, he does more damage than me and more easily...

So that, any tips?

Thanks and sorry again if this is not the right place.

I haven't played a whole lot of sin but j.P beats literally everything in the air. If you aren't in range for j.P you can use j.S like Faust and fish for counterhits. Ramlethals nuetral is kinda bad, you literally have to fairy around for knockdowns then run setups. If someone is jumping that is when it is easiest to land hits j.P and 6P are both really good. On the ground it is really just sword summons and f.S. Learn to summon a sword then use 3K to get in, 2KPP if they haven't trained themselves to block it, and so on. Also once you get a knockdown you have so many safe mixup options that are hard to block. End combos into 2D or crumple then put toranshi on them or do a 2HS into mixup. She isn't a very easy character imo, very setup oriented. A bit auto-pilot once you get stuff going though.

Sin j.S can beat it, it's pretty obnoxious.

Vs Sin I practiced instant blocking his slide in training mode and that helps a bit. His 214S (full screen overhead) can be BSed on reaction so I practiced that a bit too. I'm still not very familiar with the matchup though.

Lol yea, netplay is a sinfestation
And a sol breeding ground. As for the sin match its pretty hard imo, good sin players will use f.s to control neutral and use slide to low profile your f.s. if he is ever in the air though, you'll most likely beat him out. So if he stays grounded and has stellar spacing, you are going to have to 3k to get in and use the swords to get him to jump.