Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

[CT] Taokaka Combo & BnB Thread

Different damage proration. Her drives moves have the best proration so you don't want to put anything in the middle that might lower the overall combo proration (like the j.236BB). That's why you do the double CAT2 ender instead of splitting. The CAT2's purpose is to knock the opponent on the ground, damage is granted by a full drive loop.

I hate to sound necro, but there is a couple of questions concerning CT Tao's advanced stuff.

1) 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb (3991)

Is this combo universal against all characters? (let Carl be)

Is there no mistake in the underlined part? Shouldn't in normally be 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb ?

2) I'm still using basic air combo strings 2d~8 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bbbb - against huge hitbox chars;

and 2d~8 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bbbb - against small hitbox chars.

I'd like to upgrade my air combos to more advanced ones, but there are plenty of strings, I am confused. What stable advanced air combo can be recommended as universal solution?

PS: I'm sorry if it has already been discussed, but the topic is 51-page huge, so if anyone is willing, please help with answers. Thanks in advance.

1) 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb (3991)

Is this combo universal against all characters? (let Carl be)

I believe that combo won't work on Rachel, Arakune, and Carl. Rachel and Arakune have weird hitboxes and fall funny, so you have to do single taunt combos starting with 5b -> 6a (1) -> JC -> j.5d~b -> Taunt, etc. Carl is... Carl... :psyduck:

Is there no mistake in the underlined part? Shouldn't in normally be 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb ?

If you put a j.d~a in your combo ender you won't be able to hit that j.c, so that's why it's j.8d~6 -> j.8d~6. There might be a mistake there, though, I know j.8d~6 -> j.8d~6 works on some characters, but I usually find that j.8d -> j.8d~6 works better, and will work on everyone (except Carl, I think). Also worth noting, you want to use this in the corner. It doesn't work on everyone mid-screen, I think it only might work on Noel and maybe Jin mid-screen.

2) I'm still using basic air combo strings 2d~8 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bbbb - against huge hitbox chars;

and 2d~8 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bbbb - against small hitbox chars.

I'd like to upgrade my air combos to more advanced ones, but there are plenty of strings, I am confused. What stable advanced air combo can be recommended as universal solution?

Carl aside, because he's stupid, these are your two main combo enders that work on everyone else:

2d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb

(corner) 2d -> j.d~a -> 8d -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb

I believe this works on Carl mid-screen or in the corner:

2d~6 -> j.c -> 8d -> 5d~6 -> j.a -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb

I think there's a few variations on these, but they really aren't worth it. They either crank up the difficulty for little extra damage, or they're pretty character specific. You're really better off keeping those.

lurch_E_bean

Thanks a lot!

That's a pity, CS Tao's air combos with 6 drives in a row don't work in CT. I found one nice CT air combo though, but it is corner only: 2d -> 5d~c -> 2d~a -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb, but it can be a taunt combo ender only for huge hitboxers (that becomes an honest 5000+ damage). Others hitstun-recover midair. Also midair windows are extremely tight -_-'

Also it appears that double taunt combos (... taunt -> 214d -> 2d~b -> taunt -> 326aa ...) don't damage-differ much from single taunt combos (... taunt -> 236cc ... / ... taunt -> 214d -> 5c ...) because of the damage-proration 236aa gives. It literally steals second taunt 10% damage advantage. So not much sense to them.

BBCT

Is there any combos or high damage moves that can combo of 214214c. After I do the 214214c I just jump and mash j.a. and that's kind of lame so can anyone help!

BBCT

Is there any combos or high damage moves that can combo of 214214c. After I do the 214214c I just jump and mash j.a. and that's kind of lame so can anyone help!

There are some stuff.

The easiest is air grabbing 214214c -> 6a (2 hits) -> j.bc, but it is breakable of course.

The most damaging way (without gauge) I found is: 214214c -> taunt -> 326a x n -> 5d (it looks simple, but with the use of taunt 10% dmg boost, 236a really deals some damage, so it can be your finisher, and it ALWAYS baits bursts).

The BEST way is when you have 100% gauge: 214214c -> taunt -> 214214c. Again, due to the taunt 10% dmg boost peculiarity, your second 214214c will be the same (!!!) damage as the first was.

But keep in mind, that taunt after 214214c is pretty hard to time, and it is even harder to time your second 214214c after the taunt. I may recommend instead of just "taunt" to input "214 + taunt", and then - "214c", so the first part of 214214c input would be executed beforehand.

Damn those are some very simple and at the same time very complicated combos. But I'm sure that after hours of practice I could get it down. Thx Agn