Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

[CT] Taokaka Combo & BnB Thread

i have to say i had the same feeling 'bout the square, but now that i dont feel it to be wierd...i love it. i think it makes for much more accurate inputs overall even though it seems to take FOREVER to be able to do things like 236236 motions.:vbang:

trust me, stay with it.

and yeah dabc:yaaay:

i dunno...it's been well over 6 months now and it's still annoying as hell. I can't even count the number of times where i wanted to berserker barrage and i just do a standing drive instead and get punished for it.

edit: when i say 6 months, i'm including sf4 playign time too, in which i whiffed countless fireballs.

Or you could just take the easy way out and use a FightPad Which is absolutely dead simple to use :P Especially for Tao, since the only difficulty I have with it right now is 632146 and 720° moves. And Tao doesn't have any large rotation moves.

Just was working on combos and found one (it might be posted already) 5B -> 6A (1hit) -> JC -> J2D~B -> taunt -> 236C -> 5B -> 5C -> 3D~6 -> 236BBBB

How much damage/character restrictions does that have? I wouldn't mind that, since it looks like it has knockdown on most, and I am stuck with single taunt combos atm with my noob stick skills. Bl

How much damage/character restrictions does that have? I wouldn't mind that, since it looks like it has knockdown on most, and I am stuck with single taunt combos atm with my noob stick skills. Bl

If you're asking me and not someone else; I have tried the combo on Noel only so far, but the combo does not receive a knockdown.

After all the time it took to learn it, I'm starting to realize that the 3c -> 6d -> j.c -> 236b -> 2d~b -> 6c string is really hard to hit online unless your opponent has a great connection. What do you guys do after 3c when playing against someone you're unsure of?

Could always drive loop, or if they're too small, other types of D~B combos including D~B [no hit] 5B 5C or D~B [hit] 5B or 6D~6 2D~B 5B, etc

Could always drive loop, or if they're too small, other types of D~B combos including D~B [no hit] 5B 5C or D~B [hit] 5B or 6D~6 2D~B 5B, etc

This. Although I have to say that the "no hit" version is a bit risky online unless you really have the timing down so that you know when to buffer the 5b->5c otg even with the delay getting in the way. I prefer the hit version for that reason.

That, and I'm also trying to get more solid with the 6d~6->2d~b combos since they do more damage. But it's a pain everytime the delay changes. Online really hurts Tao's game.

Interesting. Against Rachels, I've merely been doing pitiful: 3C,6D~6,236BB combos ;D And I tried to get the [no-hit] version down, but even offline the timing is pretty strict. I'll have to see if I can incorporate some of the [hit] juggles.

6B 2D RC 3C D~B [hit] 5B 2D~5 6D~6 j.C D~A 9D~9 9D~9 236BBB 236BBB [4100] Yummy crouch punishment. Also it's possible to do more damage off of 236CC by itself when its used as an overhead and not after 6C or 4B+C. 236CC 2D~C .. 6D~6 j.C D~A 9D~9 236BB j.C 9D~9 236BBBB [3982] Just a couple of damaging overhead options that are a bit outside the norm damage-wise.

XDest, I'm trying different iterations of the "2D~5 6D~6 j.C D~A" combos but... I can't get them to constantly land. Sometimes the j.C after the 2D~5 6D~6 will whiff completely. I've been wondering if it's just a timing issue or if it's because I've been practicing this on Jin/Noel.

Jin has a silly hitbox, so I'm pretty sure 2D~5 has to be replaced by 2D~C followed by a small wait for him to be at the right height for the combo to work. Noel should be fine with 2D~5, regardless of walls or not. Some characters need the wall to be there for 9D~9 9D~9 , Noel actually doesn't. For characters where 9D~9 9D~9 236BBB 236BBB completely whiffs and you're near a wall, you can always do 9D~9 236BB j.C 9D~9 236BBBB instead (after the a cancel) (I think Litchi is the only one for this occurrence). On small characters the j.C will whiff 100% of the time, on weird hitboxes like Tao it'll be hard to land consistently without exchanging the 2D~5 for 2D~C. With Jin's specific case, the j.C will whiff every time unless you make this exchange. Although, I'm pretty sure with small characters you can replace j.C with j.A j.A and do a different 2D~5 combo. But then you lose a few hundred damage and it's probably worth it to do an easier more damaging combo.

I have a question about the top taunt combo on the front page: 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236a > 2d~8 -> j.d~a -> 8d~6 -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.236bbbb (3991) My problem is that whenever I get to the Cat Spirit 1, it whiffs behind them. Is it character/corner specific, or is it just player error? Right now I use 5b -> 6a x1 -> JC -> j.2d~b -> Taunt -> 236cc -> 2d~8 -> j.c -> JC -> j.c -> JC -> j.c -> j.236bbbbb (3701) as a good universal taunt combo with knockdown, but with only two j.cs for Carl, but if I could be getting ~300 more damage then all the better.:) Sorry if this has been asked before.

what bnb combos are easy and do decent damage?

I guess it'll depend on how comfortable you are with Tao, for example the first combo most Tao's learn is 6a -> JC(jump cancel) -> j.a -> j.c -> JC -> j.a -> j.c -> JC -> j.a -> j.c -> j.236bbbb, but it does really terrible damage and is mainly for learning how to do other harder combos, but you should practice it until you can get it 99% of the time.

A step up in difficulty and damage from that are 3c combos; A good starter for me at least was 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> (j.c -> d~6) x3 -> j.a -> j.c -> 9d -> 66 (air dash) -> j.c -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb, you don't have to do the two part cat spirit two ending, if you're just learning these combos then the idea is just to get the drive loop part.

But that last 3c combo will only work on Ragna, Jin, Tager, Arakune, Bang, Litchi, and Hakumen, if you want a combo that will work on the other characters then 5b -> 3c -> d~b(no hit) -> 5b -> 5c -> 2d~9 -> j.c -> j.8d~9 -> j.236bb -> (pause after the cat spirit two as you fall a little bit) -> j.c -> j.8d~9 -> j.236bbbb will work, but will be a little more tricky and less damaging.

A more damaging but harder combo for characters that (j.c -> d~6) x3 combos won't work on is 5b -> 3c -> d~6 -> j.c -> j.236b -> j.2d~b(hit) -> 5c -> 2d~9 -> j.c -> j.8d~9 -> j.c -> j.8d~9 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb, also, this combo won't work on Carl, but all you'll have to do is only do one (j.c -> j.8d~9) and then just do j.236bbbb all the way down.

And then when it comes to combos off of (whatever) -> 6a, the two main choices are cat spirit one route combos and taunt combos, and the front page of this thread has those covered, mainly because I'm sick of typing:vbang:

Im not sure if Hexaedge combos were already covered in this thread, but I found a reliable way to combo after a stand alone Hexaedge that works on every character.......well Carls an exception, but I don't count him >x>, I hate his hit box. I hope he grows an inch in the next game....so i can finish my damn combos :mad:

236236C (Hexaedge), 66C, 236AA (CatSpirit1 2hits), D6, J.C, 9D6, J.C, 9D6, then either:

> 236BB (CatSpirit2 2Hits), air grab

> slight delay, 236BB, 236BBB

> slight delay, 236B, J.C, 236BB (personal fav)

Exceptions

PPL with happy hit boxes :yaaay: like Tager, Squiggly, and Hakumen u can 66C, 236AA, 2D into the usual air combos.

With Litchi u have to delay your first 9D or it will miss so:

236236C (Hexaedge), 66C, 236AA (CatSpirit1 2hits), D6, J.C, delay, 9D6, continue combo

Sigh.....with Carl:

If you 66C to early either 236AA won't connect at all, or only one scratch will connect.

For your first Drive to connect after 236A, or 236AA you have to delay a bit before you hit drive or it will miss. You have to delay your 6D just like in comboing Litchi. And I couldn't get that extra 6D repitition in there, cause the C will miss :<. So the best i got with him is:

236236C (Hexaedge), 66C, 236AA (CatSpirit1 2hits if ur lucky), slight delay D6, J.C, delay, 9D6, 236BBBB.

One of u can mess with it and see how to improve it :s, i hate practicing combos on him so im taking a break from here.

Fancy Version ;3

This only works on some ppl. It works on Squiggly really easy, but check for yourself on who it works on. I remember it working on rachel pretty ok.

236236C (Hexaedge), 66C, J.C, slight delay 236B, 2DB (cancel), land, 5B, 2D, J.C, 9D6, J.C, 9D6, 236BB into however you want to end it.

I've been working on catching opponents in the air and shifting into a combo. I've found that this works really well against jump happy Bangs - (Opponent Jumping) 2d~5 (Delay for a split second) -> (5d~6 -> j.c) x 3 -> 5d~6 -> j.a -> j.c -> 9d~6 -> 236bb -> 236bbbb (4.2k) You can substitute 236bbbb for a throw if you're feeling up to it and get 5.2k I don't know if it's been posted yet ( I looked and couldn't find it), but Bang's always given me a lot of trouble combo-wise, so it's nice to be able to dish out damage to him.

Hey guys, im kinda back. Bb aint so easily accessible in portland...-^-""... Im having trouble with... j.B+C -> taunt -> 236CC -> blah blah blah~ 236c blackbeats constantly. Taoftw showed me before.. But i forgot...T__T ...

I think the combo thread slowing down is a good thing. All we have are pages of "How to Drive Loop", and such. Tao does not have a lot of extra damage to squeeze out of RC's and there are not a lot of variations of combos depending on what you start it with, so really there should not be such a crazy activity here.

Now what is dead are the matchup threads. Not that I can help, I suck. ; w;

Well then, how about this:

"Which is more reliable for online play"?

1. 3C, 5D~B[hit], B, 2D~9 (loop)

2. 3C, 5D~B[no hit], B, C, 2D~9 (loop)

3. 3C, 6D~6, 2D~B, B, 2D~9 (loop)

4. 3C, 6D~6, J.C, 236B, 2D~B, B, 2D~9 (loop)

Wonder what I should be using against Rachels, Noels, and Jins.

So far I'm leaning towards this one

3C, 6D~6, 2D~B, B, 2D~9 (loop)

But at the moment, I'm merely wussing out and merely going for a simple

3C, 6D~6, j.C, 214BB

That or the occasional

3C, 6D~6, B+C, 236CC (loop)

But at the moment, I'm merely wussing out and merely going for a simple

3C, 6D~6, j.C, 214BB

That or the occasional

3C, 6D~6, B+C, 236CC (loop)

Well I suppose the more timed drive cancels, the harder the combo will be(for me at least), so 2 would be the easiest, but it also comes down to what you're more comfortable with and can do more consistently, for me it's 4, so I dunno, just try them all in some player matches and pick the one you're most comfortable with.

I don't know about you guys, but I seem to have a knack for coming up with completely impractical combos that will probably do Tao no good, but are at least fun to execute, lol. Here's a few things I've managed to come up with (someone else has probably done it before, but meh): -Note: This combo only works on Tager, and you have to be facing away from the closest wall, and anywhere from against it, to halfway to the center from the wall. |Wall| (Center) [Tager] [Tao (you)] |Wall| 5b > 6a(x1) > JC > j.b > j.c > JC >j.b > j.c > JC > j.b > j.c > 236b > j.b+c > 236cc > 3d~b > JC > j.b+c > 214d > j.b+c > 214214c > j.b+c > 214214c > j.b+c > 236c (8729) -With "ABT!" active: 6b > 236bb > 3c (2 hits; technically 4 hits) > 3c (2 hits) > RC > 3c (2 hits) > 3c (2 hits) > 6b > 6a > j.b > j.c > JC > j.c > JC > j.a > j.c > 236bbb (40-46 hits, depending on your timing; ~1800) If your timing was spot on, on this combo, then spamming "b" even on the ground can net you a few extra 5b hits for a whopping 0 damage (the final couple 236b's do 0 damage, lol). 6b > 236bb can also combo into taunts for the oh-so-infamous, high-damage Hexaegde, but for not as much damage as just leading with taunts :P. -4b+c > 236c (x1) > 5b > 5c > j.b+c > 6a > j.b+c > Taunt > 214214c > 5b/5c/6a (x1) or 214214c > j.b+c > 236c (x1) > 5b against Tager and Rachel -5c > JC > j.c > j.b loops twice on a standing Tager (on hit). Maybe some uses? Other characters? -j.b+c/4b+c > 214c (full charge) is an interesting trap on Tager, also. If they standing tech at the first possible frame, they must block the ball or get hit, and because of how late Tager gets hit, you can combo into 5b > etc. Obviously, this doesn't work against rolls, and people with slight delays in their techs, but it's definitely fun to do against the AI. XD -You can air throw some characters out of 214214c without the use of 6a/5b/etc, by just buffering a jump at the correct time. The only characters I know it works on (as far as I've tested) are Rachel, Tager, and Arakune (but I'm not sure about him so much). That's about it, really. I'm not very creative when it comes to most things, so forgive me for my lackluster combos/notes.

hey, I was wondering if someone could help me figure out why I can't seem to get this one taunt combo guaranteed. 6c -> 66 Taunt -> 236cc -> 2d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bbb The combo goes black when I hit with the 236cc after the taunt. Anyone else have trouble with this?

Pretty much what OMG said, #2 is probably easier since the timing is fairly loose. Honestly, just pick whichever one you want and practice the crap out of it until you have it down, they're all doable.

For Jins, you can just be doing regular 3c drive loops, the only difference with him is you only get 2 5d~6 -> j.c loops instead of 3. Is there a big damage difference I'm not aware of with that and these combos? If not, stick with the regular combo, it works. I've crawled under enough icecars to know...