Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal vs Chipp

what are the best ways to punish his teleports? and how should i use my swords? should i keep them most of the time? or do i set them everywhere to try and lock him down?

Since Chipp's all over the place I think it's best to hold on to your swords and only deploy them if you get a knockdown. Otherwise he can just run, jump and teleport around the screen and the swords are too slow stop him unless they're already deployed and on top of him.

So how do we beat Chipp?  I think this is probably the only matchup I have played where I just don't even have a solid gameplan.  Definitely need to have swords most of the time although throwing them out for a couple moves then calling them back is fine imo.

His air approaches are so strong. His j.D pretty much can't be anti aired or beaten out. Best reliable punish is IB throw.

Only answer to teleport YRC we have is to read it and cassius YRC or just YRC. If you jump sword and he has meter you just ate a throw guaranteed if he teleport YRCs.

Watch out for his 2D. Chipps love to do that move. It can low profile equipped fS but can also lose to fS depending on timing.

Honestly my entire strategy is to try to run and punish approaches but he can outmaneuver you and your swords so easily.

It ends up just being me fishing for random hits and if I get one  :toot:  lifebar explosion lmao.