Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal vs I-no

i had a very hard night against a good i-no, I need to practice more the combos vs feather characters

in neutral, deploying H sword can punish HCL and other specials
Against the dash j.S/H pressure in neutral i found usefull 5p, but in wakeup i-no the jumping hit are very meaty, so i had to block
3k its a good way to go under HCL

I'm having a tough time in this MU. So far my gameplan has been to keep HS sword deployed to harass her from starting pressure at a distance. 6P stops non meaty dash ins (after the initial mixup is blocked when waking up). But over time she adapts and baits 6p to make it whiff. So I'm stuck over respecting her and letting her get in multiple times if I block correctly the first time. If I get her in the corner I usually win the match but I need to figure out how to prevent her from being a bully.

During the neutral game you really have to pick and choose your spots on when to deploy the swords and when to keep them. During the start of the match I like to keep both swords equipped to gauge the type of I-No player I'm playing against. I find that 6P isn't the most reliable anti-air against I-No's dash approaches but 2S and 2HS can really keep her in check if you space yourself correctly when using it to AA her. Even 5P can help keep some of her dash approaches in check but that's pretty situational. If the I-No player tries to play full screen with Notes and Chemical Love then deploying both swords backed up by Cassius can keep her air approaches in check. 

Once your swords are deployed it's best not to over commit to 2S & 2HS. If you try to use both at the same time then the I-No player can super jump j.236K/S to get out of there in an instant and then you're at a disadvantage in the neutral game as you wait for the cool downs on your swords. It's best to stagger your usage of 2S/2HS so that if I-No does do j.236K/S to get out of a situation the second sword is waiting for her on recovery. 

You have to go into the match up knowing that if you get knockdown there's no way your going to block all of her mix up options on reaction. Having a good understanding of what her mix up options are and player tendencies are going to help you make better educated guesses at blocking her mix ups. You can call out non-meaty set ups with either 6P or Blitz Shield but there's a good amount of risk reward in these counters. As I get more familiar with I-No's options I'll do a more comprehensive break down on what she's capable of on Oki.

The other thing that people need to get familiar with is I-No's combo routes. Usually I-No ends combos into a knockdown so she can continue her oki game going but there are points where they may drop their combo on purpose or know when a combo is going to drop and then go for a tech trap utilizing her j.236HS, which is an air grab but they're making a hard read on their part when going for the tech trap. Typically, keep an eye out for 5P enders because that's a tell that they're going for a tech trap after wards. Even ending a combo with chemical love high in the air can lead to a tech trap situation as well. You can get out of this situation by air teching forward, air teching late, or not teching at all. They can adapt their timing to catch air teching forward or late air techs but not air teching gets you out of the situation but can be dangerous since they can go for black beat combos or oki. 

Agree with Killey that this matchup is tough because if you get knocked down with no burst/meter to Dead Angle you very possibly just lost the whole round. Can't block good Inos and VCL YRC is ridiculous tier oki.

I don't really like staying on the ground in this matchup since eating a HCL at neutral lets her get in everytime (even blocking it is pretty bad). HCL is easily her strongest neutral tool and what you should focus on avoiding imo.

If she comes at you air to air j.P is the god like always lmao.

TBH I don't really feel like deployed HS sword does anything in this matchup unless shes in the corner or you can actually get a 2HS out. S sword j.6S can catch her trying to hover dash in/note/hcl and is especially strong if the sword doesn't have to teleport.

Other than that she is another "no reversal until 50 meter" character who gets completely mauled by Ram once you get your offense going.  Her reversal supers aren't particularly fast (7f iirc) so they aren't hard to safejump although if you don't time a sword hit to knock her out of it the ground super is crazy + on block so keep that in mind.

Extremely momentum based matchup