Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CopperDabbit

[CT] Arakune Beginner Guide (How to make bees out of sarcasm)

We have a very fearsome arakune here locally who plays pad and meets with a lot of success, so yeah, I'd say so. However, playing on stick would probably be btter since you wil have far easier bug control than with a wonky pad. Now for my question: What is this midscreen unblockable I hear about?

So here's a situation I find myself in from time to time and wanted to get some advice on it. One way or another my opponent has just been cursed and we're on opposite sides of the screen. Usually this is due to a homing cloud, or a j.6D or a random 2D while playing keep away games. What's the best way to keep him cursed and initiate damage? Should i approach him normally from the air with dive cancels and j.2A? Should I teleport over there? Should I wait for him to come to me and toss out a few bugs to make his approach evil? Should put up 6D Bell and another cloud? Also I'm a bit fuzzy on what the command is for the air teleport that sends you from one side of the screen to the other. What's the input for that?

What's the best way to keep him cursed and initiate damage?

You can throw a bunch of stuff out and slowly press forward using jD. Or, you can use j6A/B/C + BC bug to lock them down and begin pressure. Now that they're cursed, dive is even better than it used to be. You can also use j6A/B/C + BC bugs at the proper time to crossup.* A great trick to keep people guessing is using j6A to approach and then doing backdash + barrier then doing 6A/B/C again and beginning pressure. Or you can go into dives from there.

Etc etc etc.

A low(j.D,2a) plus 6D bell bug. They're not very practical though.

Instead of the unblockable you should run:

3AA (blocked) 6A (A bug is blocked) (6A is blocked):

jA 4B+C [A] -A- jA (A bug hits) j2A j2B j2[C] -C- -B- 6C loops

2B 6C loops.

As a 50/50 mixup.

*If you cross them up with the most ambiguous spacing your hit confirm is:

4 -B- + -C- 8AA** (A bug hits) j2A j2B j2C 6C loops

**Straight up jump jA

Also I'm a bit fuzzy on what the command is for the air teleport that sends you from one side of the screen to the other. What's the input for that?

When your back is touching the edge of the screen, 44.

once you have someone cursed whats he best way to keep them locked down? because i usually do bell bug cloud jump and press A B C 6D and hope for something the hit or trip them up i hope to find a certain combo of bug and direction to keep them away also: im mostly a direct attack ara and go for the 6C loop any time i can and i rarely play keep away with bugs

because i usually do bell bug cloud jump and press A B C 6D and hope for something the hit or trip them up

So, you throw out everything including the kitchen sink, the toilet, and that bathtub that's way too small to really fit a whole person?

because i usually do bell bug cloud jump and press A B C 6D and hope for something the hit or trip them up

also: im mostly a direct attack ara and go for the 6C loop any time i can and i rarely play keep away with bugs

Kehehe

Sorry to re-quote and such but

Gaha!

I have to agree with Abstract

I know this is far from an appropriate place to bash one of our own, but thats simply idiotic

and if you call yourself a direct attack arakune, then I suggest you do some re-wiring,

because the 6C loop is far from a reliable source of damage against most opponents

At least, the ones who know how to block and counter throw, anywho

My suggestion to you is to focus on your timing for 5C's anti-air attribute

It becomes of much more use when you can, at almost any given time, lick an opponent from the air into a little combo

The damage doesnt quite matter all too much, but it should drag you closer to your opponent for say a throw or something of that matter

Hell, it might even be best for a C Loop xD

Gehehehe

yeah i know my way of keep is crappy but i know any other way then to jump and spam also im not the best at anti-air licking into air combo i usually jump and attack or teleport past them i guess ill work on my keep away tatics and anti-air

Oh my dear boy Theres no need to worry about your keep away You just need to learn a few more ways to increase your keep at it >) I admire those who avoid using Arakune's bugs, Ill Im saying is that it becomes rather difficult, when you do such

because the 6C loop is far from a reliable source of damage against most opponents

Actually, if you learn the dive loops too, it's very easy to turn a random bug hit or CH into 6C loops.

Anyways, when I get someone cursed, what I usually do is throw out a D bug and a bunch of A bugs. Switching between 5 and 6A. Occasionally I'll throw out B or C bugs to keep them scared or use them to approach. But I also like to save those in case I need the curse meter and if I want to use them in a combo. I'll also poke with jD and 2D to keep them scared of recurse and dive loops/236C loops. Throwing out a bell bug is good too, as it's really what sets up those 5C CH setups Shinsua was talking about. Different clouds set up different things. HoverC is great for making your jD and 2D pokes safer. ShieldC is well...you can do a ton of things with that. For example, it gives your j6A/B/C shenanigans an even bigger boost. HomingC is also great for setting up those 5C CH situations.

Is it possible to play Arakune effectively on pad?

You can play anything effectively on a pad if you've worked at it. I'm on a pad and can do all the bnb's necessary.

You can play anything effectively on a pad if you've worked at it. I'm on a pad and can do all the bnb's necessary.

I will vouch for this, Manas rapes me. :(

I suggest to put the time and money into getting a stick though. It makes your execution much much better. Look at the top players just here in america, they all use stick, and in Japan it's the standard. Im a big advocate of using it since I used to play pad, and the transition over to stick improved my game ten fold.

I still say it's character specific, i too sued to play pad(still do for GG, I've been playing baiken since X, her pad play is ingrained into me now). Some characters are fine on pad, but people like eddy, faust, charge characters, arakune, aoko etc... are all much much easier on stick.

lol it can't be character specific. I bet if you played stick your game would get better. Is is just a coincidence that every single person that is the best with said character plays on stick? You can do what you want of course but playing on stick does nothing but help your game and those are the facts!

I play stick on every game but guilty gear, I don't feel like it holds me back at all, there are many characters I think it would, but baiken is not one of them. I also don't use macros and I still hit my FRC's.

I'm guessing you can't Tiger Knee Ara's aerial 236C? Aww man, the wonder of TK and a couple of yo-yos... I yearn for it. ... And at the same time, I don't have any time to think about it because BB has impressed me in all the right ways.

I'm guessing you can't Tiger Knee Ara's aerial 236C?

That's correct. Arakune has a minimum height distance from the ground before he can do any aerial move, including his air super.

I can't help but think that Arakune's HP is really lacking, he takes quite a bit of damage from others from what I've seen, now checking the first thread I saw his HP capacity, but I still have no clue if that's an adequate amount or not. Can someone inquire upon my curiosity, I recently picked him up and I frigg'n love this guy, but I have to know my limits.

lol it can't be character specific. I bet if you played stick your game would get better.

Is is just a coincidence that every single person that is the best with said character plays on stick?

You can do what you want of course but playing on stick does nothing but help your game and those are the facts!

Unless you play soul calibur and your french

(Winner of soul cal 4 was a french pad player)

lolololol

srsly tho stick can help unless you have downs syndrome, but we dont talk about those people

This guide helped me understand many of the facets of Arakune :D so I'm thankful. I've never been so into a game before lol and it's because of Arakune mainly. I love his character. Hopefully I can learn from everyone as time goes. Also, I use the pad because where I'm from Arcades are not that common, so the only practice I have is on the ps3. I was thinking of switching, but then I would need to start from zero, since the last time I used a pad was four years ago at a GG Arcade lol ps: this is my first post here :D woo I hope it isn't the last though >.>