Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[Xrd] Ramlethal vs Ramlethal

so real talk

is this matchup basically "whoever knocks down first and gets momentum wins"?

What are your guys' experience with this mirror? How do we fight our own character? I rarely ever find any other Rams online to play against, but whenever I do, it kinda feels like I'm just waiting for the other Ram to do unsafe stupid shit and punishing them for it, which works against lower level Rams/new Rams but doesn't really help at all when playing against Rams who have an idea of what they're doing. Also, f.S > Dauro with f.S clashing and Dauro CHing both players is hilarious as fuck

5k 4k doesn't work on crouching Ramlethal on longer combos that would normally work on all the other characters.

Complexity: In what situation would you use 5K4K in a combo on someone standing (crouching) on the ground? If you're talking about getting the 4K-oki after a wallsplat sword-call combo in the corner, does the following work on Ram?:

PPP *splat* cSfS xx 6H > cS xx 6S > 5KK4K

It's the one I usually use for that purpose, but I don't think I've attempted it on Ram.

-----

Anyway, back to topic, I have a lot of experience in this matchup against a finnish Ram-player. It's a weird matchup because Ram suffers from the same problems she does against a lot of lights, her combos generally work bad on herself. Equipped 2S YRC is strong, do 2S and YRC if your opponent is not engaging you, for safety. 2S beats about anything Ram have, it seems to outrange fS slightly. 2S2H on block of course.

Rams throw range is a bit shorter than others so fS > Dauro is slightly harder to throw, and on block, well, Rams pressure isn't very significant so getting anything blocked isn't the end of days. If you block a 2KK, try to IB the last hit and punish that Ram HARD. IB'ing last hit of 2KK puts Ram at -8 (!) and shouldn't be very hard.

If anything this is a pretty even matchup that should be frustrating for both players, with Rams IAD jPPPP. Learn how to punish that as well, if any Ram does this, block a hit, IB any further hits then airthrow. jP so nerfed now it's crazy. Know your characters weaknesses and hope your opponent knows less.

Complexity: In what situation would you use 5K4K in a combo on someone standing (crouching) on the ground? If you're talking about getting the 4K-oki after a wallsplat sword-call combo in the corner, does the following work on Ram?:

PPP *splat* cSfS xx 6H > cS xx 6S > 5KK4K

It's the one I usually use for that purpose, but I don't think I've attempted it on Ram.

-----

5kk4k route should always work because swords are give you a million frames of hitstun to work with. It's just a personal preference that I don't chuck both swords out in the corner in a combo in case my opponent bursts and then suddenly I don't have my swords. 1 sword is enough to do the setup anyway.

You need to throw both swords out to do 5kk4k and have a sword available for 2s/2h oki options.