Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

Gah...GODDAMNIT smooshman... Too much ice blade. I only saw like one combo bad meter management need to hit confirm stuff like 2C CH on crouching Too much ice blade Even though you screwed up and did Sekka-Jin, at least do the combo. Too much ice blade. You dp on wakeup too much You attack too recklessly during blockstrings Too much ice blade.... Look up some combos, learn them, and then apply them in a match.

smooshman, I really hope lag fucked you up, because if that was representative in any way of how you play, I don't think your Jin needs advice; I think you need to work on fighting game fundamentals first.

smooshman, I really hope lag fucked you up, because if that was representative in any way of how you play, I don't think your Jin needs advice; I think you need to work on fighting game fundamentals first.

yeah lag fucked me up... it threw me off, half that stuff I didn't try to do or did something else, and the input had me doing sekkajinalot which pissed me off... but that second part seems to apply well considering this is the only fighting game I've played

this ones a little better still laggy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtdHICFJqc&feature=PlayList&p=FCF9C596401B2E10&index=8 (I didn't tape it [LAMG did] I'm retarded and can't record shit) there's still ice sword abuse but there's also a few more combos

I'm dying from these vids, oh god. :lol: Here. there. blades of ice! scatter! succumb! ready? That was all I was hearing through the match, english jin is hilarious. Oh, but the gameplay was the same as the first match pretty much. Your opponent was worse off than you though, so don't feel bad. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to kill myself. :vbang:

I'm dying from these vids, oh god. :lol:

Here. there. blades of ice! scatter! succumb! ready? That was all I was hearing through the match, english jin is hilarious.

Oh, but the gameplay was the same as the first match pretty much. Your opponent was worse off than you though, so don't feel bad.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to kill myself. :vbang:

you make me feel so good about myself:vbang:

also where was the adviec part in that statement...

you make me feel so good about myself:vbang:

also where was the adviec part in that statement...

Considering that it looked nearly the same as the last vid, just read Banger's post.

Considering that it looked nearly the same as the last vid, just read Banger's post.

okay...

here's that post:

so by this logic I should just give up all hope of ever trying to be good, because all my hours of practicing while simaltaneously trying to be the smallest bit different, and that all my attempts were in vayne because I can never reach your level of above-mediocre, and should just go back to waiting for FFXIII because the JRPG combat can't be cocked up by my inaptitude, as long as I know how to push 1 button I'll be okay... now I have to go back to adjusting my party's stats... sorry for wasting your time my hope of not sucking...:vbang:

(overdramatized for your flaming pleasure)

For how long have you been playing? First thing you need to do in order to be good is to change language to japanese. After that, it becomes soooo much easier. Seriously now, watch combo videos such as Athena, Cyclone, Just Like Me and another one that has something to do with Candles... I forgot. Try to use that information, I'm sure it will improve your gameplay a lot. Practice combos, set ups and resets. Know your moves and how to have an upper hand when you get your opponent knocked down. One more thing: use "A" more. It's very, VERY useful.

For how long have you been playing? First thing you need to do in order to be good is to change language to japanese. After that, it becomes soooo much easier.

Seriously now, watch combo videos such as Athena, Cyclone, Just Like Me and another one that has something to do with Candles... I forgot. Try to use that information, I'm sure it will improve your gameplay a lot. Practice combos, set ups and resets. Know your moves and how to have an upper hand when you get your opponent knocked down.

One more thing: use "A" more. It's very, VERY useful.

thanks that's far more useful than all the other responses to my shittiness

@smooshman just look up some vids online and practice! work on your blockstrings and combos.... Practice Practice Practice some more!

wow disappointed in you, douche much?

anyways smoosh, i've got advice for u.

1. don't always ice sword after 5d, becomes predictable

2. stop throwing out random EX ice swords, great way to lose 25 heat

3. try not to use up ur meter every chance u get

4. too much j.d, only use that in a combo or mindgame purposes

5. if u see ur opponent crouching while ur in you're combo, 6c them

6. don't whiff out specials too much, jin's specials have crap recovery

7. too much random jumping and whiffing moves

that's all i really saw and if u work on how to fix those problems, i'm sure you'll do much better

wow disappointed in you, douche much?

I don't post to please anyone here. He posted a video, he wanted advice, and I gave it to him, and I honestly thinks he needs to cover basics first. Without that, he'll just do whatever he's told and not understand the reasons behind them, the tradeoffs, and other crap.

smooshman needs to lurk around a bit. That's the best advice I can give him regarding BB and this site. DL already has a ton of info; enough for him to be up to speed in no time.

Just read the last couple of pages, n wow there's a lot of commotion going on.... well lets just wish for the best and hope he becomes a really good jin!:keke: anyways i got a new update again :kitty: here's my new and improved crap Jin!! (I didn't lose though, but I'll find a good video)

Here it is: Me:JI: vs. Tao:TA:

P.S. I think my opponent wasn't trying at all.... :( Also I'll save up some money for a Dazzle recorder and some wires n stuff to make my videos better quality.... atm enjoy my crappy phone recordings...

@mazterskill1 its a couple things u can work on but your on the right path... just know if the combo is to long like the one u did in the second round around 1:10-1:18 ice car wont connect so just keep that in mind but other than that keep it cool man

@mazterskill1 its a couple things u can work on but your on the right path... just know if the combo is to long like the one u did in the second round around 1:10-1:18 ice car wont connect so just keep that in mind but other than that keep it cool man

haha yeah i believe at the icecar part, i think i was experimenting at that moment. i was wonder if it was gonna hit but it was a complete fail :yaaay:. Anyways I'll do my best to improve more... thanks for the advice :keke:

smoosh, i agree with banger. You need to work on the basics of fighting games, aka thinking. It'll do you no good to know how to reset if you dont know what do to afterwords and when to do it, etc. If you continue to play against DECENT people then you will naturally pick up the "thinking" skill, but it takes a while. soooo i guess have patience and learn your BnB's for now.

smoosh, i agree with banger. You need to work on the basics of fighting games, aka thinking. It'll do you no good to know how to reset if you dont know what do to afterwords and when to do it, etc. If you continue to play against DECENT people then you will naturally pick up the "thinking" skill, but it takes a while.

soooo i guess have patience and learn your BnB's for now.

we've moved on... but I do know my BnB's I just dropped the entire beggining 6c stuff because I thought it looked cool to air combo off 236D... I don't play to win, if you haven't figured it out

wait wait.... you want to get better yet you dont play to win?

-.-

.................... that point... is so... fuck...:vbang:

just because I don't play to win doesn't mean I don't want to be good. I do want to win... but I want to win my way... meaning doing it different (not better) then someone else...

my point is that you will never be the best you can be if you wont "play to win". Refusing to play to win is a scrub mentality.

Then it's just redundant. There is no such thing as refusing to play to win. Also, the subject should be focused on how much a player weighs the importance of winning, which should be very little. It's a relative measure, nothing more.

according to studies by the guys who made magic the gathering, there three types:

Johnny, Timmy and spike (just randomly pick and skip ahead for the descriptions.)... Don't ask how I know this...

now back on topic please