Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

shit, my fault, thought this was a competitive fighting game forum.

Right, and none of you play at a level where winning matters. Beating scrubs don't mean shit. Not to mention winning only matters

during tournaments

when bragging rights is on the line

when money is involved

Those are the only 3 cases, and it's not even all three for everyone. I personally couldn't care less if I lose bragging rights matches as long I win all the ones where money is involved, tournament included.

Focus on getting better, and winning will come as a result.

It's a fighter. The point is to win. Unless you are retarded.

JIN WIN. Thats what you wanna hear that lady say!

well the point of a game is to have fun... if winning is fun for you then good for you, but I've lost battles that I loved because I felt that I played my best against someone of similar level, and at that point of fighting a opponent that is an equal, is my favorite fight win or lose. especially if they are like me and try not to play like other people.

alsoPosted Image

The thread is titled "critique my jin." Here, you post vids of yourself playing and other players tell you how to improve your game. You are supposed to take the advice and therefore get better without throwing out "i dont play to win i do what i want" johns. WTF, why did you even post vids if you didnt want good advice about how to fix your game? We could have just all said "lol you suck gtfo" oh ya, dont use 236D for air combos 1. it wastes meter 2. you cant true combo into it except from a lolgrab, which means you just throw it out there and hope it connects half the time. Which means it will undoubtedly waste MORE meter. 3. just dont do it, jeeze.

The thread is titled "critique my jin." Here, you post vids of yourself playing and other players tell you how to improve your game. You are supposed to take the advice and therefore get better without throwing out "i dont play to win i do what i want" johns. WTF, why did you even post vids if you didnt want good advice about how to fix your game? We could have just all said "lol you suck gtfo"

oh ya, dont use 236D for air combos

2. you cant true combo into it except from a lolgrab, which means you just throw it out there and hope it connects half the time. Which means it will undoubtedly waste MORE meter.

the first part is I want to get better and the advice helps me to get better and then I can more effectively play my way... to tired to explain...

the second part is not true... generally any time you can ice car in a combo you can 236D and if you do it right it extends your combo.

the first part is I want to get better and the advice helps me to get better and then I can more effectively play my way... to tired to explain...

the second part is not true... generally any time you can ice car in a combo you can 236D and if you do it right it extends your combo.

its still a waste of meter, there are way better options at the end of a combo then freezing them for an extra 400 damage on hit 10. Ice car puts the opponent at a disadvantage: it knocks them down, which means they can be tech chased with 5b, 2b, or whatever your heart desires pretty much, and then put back into another FRESH combo.

WTF would 236D do? its already so late in the combo that the damage was stupid low, they wont be frozen for long, all additional hits except for like 3c will just push them away and end your entire offensive chase, and you're down 25% meter. Where is the advantage of that?

for christ's sake kid, stop arguing with the people that know more than you and just take the damn advice and stfu :vbang:

for christ's sake kid, stop arguing with the people that know more than you and just take the damn advice and stfu :vbang:

I'm not trying to argue on the advice, I'm arguing the thought "you have to play to win". you seem to conguse "I don't play to win" with "I play to use" your advice is undoubtably helpful and I will remember it... but if I can win with my style I feel like that's a true victory... as for not using 236D... I try not use it as a combo finisher more as a setup into another part of the combo... I apologize for my rude behavior and thank you for the advice

I play to learn... I like winning also. Either way everyone is entitled to what they think ya? Remember, critique my jin, not rape my eyes with troll spam <3

Alright alright. Time for some new material. I've uploaded a couple of videos (like 4, although i've got like 15 of them) for some advice. I think they were pretty good but, meh. Yes these are out of order but whatever.

These were recorded in one 2 hour long session. The first one isn't that great. I uploaded the later ones because I thought they were better...although I haven't really looked at them.

Rawfuls vs. Rinsuku - lol at the beginning I had to change my buttons...I didn't realize I recorded that...

Rawfuls vs. Rinsuku 7

Rawfuls Vs. Rinsuku 10

Rawfuls Vs. Rinsuku 11

After looking at some of these videos (and actually remembering things) I realized that I should barrier against Noel's 6A after she launches me with Spring raid. T_T

snip

Most of the stuff I noticed:

1. Too much random ice blades both on the ground and in the air. You keep standing across the screen after D DP and tossing them out for some reason. And when you do it in the air you get punished if Noel is close enough.

2. In the second video you kept randomly doing 2D after hitting with 5B and 5C and left yourself wide open.

3. You keep crouching and getting crossed over by her 2D I think?

4. Capitalize with the meter more, aerial ice swords, etc. Keep the pressure up and don't let her keep punishing whiffed moves.

5. Similar to above, in the first video you randomly keep jumping backward during pressure strings if it seemed like she was gonna keep blocking.

6. Barrier block in air more

As for combos, it looked like you landed j.B on her standing a lot or 5B. I think you should definitely utilize the 5B, 5C, jB, jC, jD, etc combo on her. The timing is different than others but it would probably do better damage in the long run.

And lastly, just my personal opinion, but I wouldn't use the ice car, rapid cancel, jB, etc combo too much. Doesn't do significant damage and the 50% meter can be better spent on something else.

Good C DP punishes during drive spam and capitalizing on her slower moves.

Alright alright. Time for some new material. I've uploaded a couple of videos (like 4, although i've got like 15 of them) for some advice. I think they were pretty good but, meh. Yes these are out of order but whatever.

These were recorded in one 2 hour long session. The first one isn't that great. I uploaded the later ones because I thought they were better...although I haven't really looked at them.

Rawfuls vs. Rinsuku - lol at the beginning I had to change my buttons...I didn't realize I recorded that...

Rawfuls vs. Rinsuku 7

Rawfuls Vs. Rinsuku 10

Rawfuls Vs. Rinsuku 11

After looking at some of these videos (and actually remembering things) I realized that I should barrier against Noel's 6A after she launches me with Spring raid. T_T

You're not punishing her mistakes enough. When she screws up her ground distortion and you block it, go for a 5C counter hit into 6C instead. That leads to way more powerful followups afterwards.

@ Rinsuku ** Don't fall down on Noel after a neutral air tech. Even if you barrier guard to avoid getting hit by 6c or 6a, you will still be in an awful position. After you tech you can double jump or airdash to get away. You can also bait her attack with your double jump and come down to punish. ** Don't barrier block against Noel on the ground, it just eliminates your punishment options. You can always 623A after her 2b on block unless she does 3c after it. If you read a 3c(which isnt hard, just guard low at all times, her overheads are telegraphed and predictable) then you can 5C, 6C and continue to combo. ** Don't start combos with 2A unless you needed a fast attack or you caught them during your block string with it. It just prorates your damage in any other situation. ** Don't ice arrow after 623C unless you know it will end the round. It does poor damage and uses 50% meter. Alternately, you can 5C and go into an air combo. Try learning some of Jin's better combos(for better damage, position, and overall your style will look much less stale) After 6C ------ Dash cancel, slight pause, 5C, sj.C, j.D, pause, airdash, j.B, j.C, 214B ------ 2D, dash in, 5c, j.B, pause, j.C, j.D, 214B After 5B(2 hits, close range) ------ 5c, j.B, pause, j.C, j.D, dash split, 5c, j.B, j.C, j.D, 214B ------ alternately, after the first freeze(j.D) you can 5B again, 5C, 3C, 236C to continue your rush down with a tech trap ** Overall, you should never 5D after 5C, it doesn't even connect except on counterhit 5C. The only time you should even consider it is if their guard is about to break or you are at full range and cant reach with 6C AND you have no meter. ------ as a better alternative, you should 214D at full range counterhit 5C

Hey I'm just starting out... Again.

I'm the Jin player, and I'm still learning. My friend is a beginner Ragna as well. Comments on what I should do better will be appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7jyfSqFkA

EDIT

Whoops, sorry this thread is for Continuum Shift

You need to learn basics like smooshman did a month ago.

Watch videos. Hit training mode for hours straight until you get combos right at least 5x in a row or so, then hit vs for under-pressure practice.

If you're thinking, "that's it? that's all the advice I get?": You're too new at the game for any more advice since you won't understand until you get to a certain level. So just keep watching those vids, practice your bnbs in training mode, and most importantly, keep playing against other people.

You need to learn basics like smooshman did a month ago.

Watch videos. Hit training mode for hours straight until you get combos right at least 5x in a row or so, then hit vs for under-pressure practice.

If you're thinking, "that's it? that's all the advice I get?": You're too new at the game for any more advice since you won't understand until you get to a certain level. So just keep watching those vids, practice your bnbs in training mode, and most importantly, keep playing against other people.

Haha for sure man. Thanks. Its actually legit advice. I wasn't really expecting much more(Perhaps some moves that I should be using with Jin at all times. I hear 5D is good for pokes).

I haven't touched the game in months.

I know that basically you want to use his neutral D to poke, but I've since forgot a lot of his move properties, as far as counter-hits. I only remembered like 2 BnB combos so I'm still basically at square one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TpaSBRJnk

A video of me. Other than learn IB>punish, what else can I do to help beat this Bang player? Normally I'd go for a rushdown but he easily blocks all my cross ups and pressure strings.

Okays....

-You need to learn how to block better. You were getting countered everywhere when you should have been blocking. Know when you can and cannot attack for sure and don't blindly keep trying to. You need to up your defense.

-Learn to hit confirm better. There were some 5B > 5C hits you could have confirmed into 214B knockdown, but instead you auto-pilot'd into 5D keepaway-game.

-You jump too much, and that bang has you all read. Learn to appreciate Jin's ground game too. Work on your ground footsies. Try training yourself by vowing to never or jump as least as possible in casual matches.

Overall, that bang was very rush down. Don't rush him down too if his rush down is better than yours, because as what happened, you ate a ton of counters. Adapt to the match. If what you're currently doing isn't working, stop, rethink, and adapt. You should have that down by the end of the first round.

lol that bang is ready for CS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5TpaSBRJnk

A video of me. Other than learn IB>punish, what else can I do to help beat this Bang player? Normally I'd go for a rushdown but he easily blocks all my cross ups and pressure strings.

Like BANGER said, only attack when you know that you won't get beat by Bang's 5A or j.A. Bang still has 5A in CT, that which is going to beat everything you throw at him point-blank. You could take a chance and go for a 2A as Bang's 5A will whiff against a crouching Jin but other than that, expect to block against Bang for long periods of time.

You also need to work on hit-confirming. There was a time somewhere near the end of video where the Bang whiffed a 2D, that was your cue for a 5C > 6C combo but instead you timed it late and the Bang got a chance to get up. You did hit him with 5C but you used 6D afterwards for some reason, that which whiffed and was punished.

Refrain from using the j.D cross-up. If you're going for cross-ups then just stick with good old j.B, it's safer, faster and has more range than j.D.

I would go check the CT Jin vs Bang thread for more information but you'll have to learn the match-up through sweat and tears in the end XD

Okay, everyone, n00b comment time! I'm super new to TALKING and DISCUSSING fighting games, so here goes... 5D? Huh? confused at the 5, what does it stand for, lol, sorry for asking. I know a through A through D obviosly, but confused on the 5. Sorry again.

I suppose this is something like arcade jargan? Anyway, cross-ups and pressure-strings and punishes confuse me as well, I feel n00blishous, I know how to play the game, so I suppose these terms will end up being things I know but haven't associated with a name, lol.

Look @ your numpad.

7 8 9

4 5 6

1 2 3

5 is neutral position, 6 is forward and etc.

For the rest of the jargon, look in Banger's sig. That'll clear everything up.

there's also a lot of noob questions already answered in the beginner mode section... please check that out too

pretty good... better than me by far... so:

-work on getting out of pressure

-once or twice I saw whiffed throw and DP

-maybe hit confirm a bit, saw only a few moments where you could've done more damage if hit confirmed.

but still that was pretty good and the last combo in the video is cool to watch

Some of things I've notice was you didn't go for a knock down at all but kept going for his overhead or pink grabs. (though I guess those wasn't intended)

Also you was using Ice car A which leaves you at a disadvantage on normal block. :vbang:

I would suggest using Jin's meter more wisely instead of Ice car > RC combos.