Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcydgVxfzE&feature=related

i had a long winded paragraph about how your "online jin" tactics are terrible, but i got pulled away every time i got close to finishing. so, from someone who's been where your trying to get, don't purple to much bro. people have reversals waiting for shit like that at tourneys.

I don't see anything too egregiously wrong with purpling a lot in the corner or whatever. I don't really know why Leonil thinks they are a bad idea, other than that they don't fit his arbitrary definition of what a "reset should be," but I mean, everything PhoenixBR has said is pretty much factually correct from every other standpoint.

I'd like to know why Leonil thinks "setting up for a continued pressure and mixup game" is a "terrible online Jin tactic." Considering that he apparently thinks 236c oki is bad because of all the online players he's wakeup DP'd, I feel like he has something to prove other than posting videos of him successfully j.A whiffing into j.B pressure against Hakumen three times in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcydgVxfzE&feature=related

i had a long winded paragraph about how your "online jin" tactics are terrible, but i got pulled away every time i got close to finishing. so, from someone who's been where your trying to get, don't purple to much bro. people have reversals waiting for shit like that at tourneys.

And how can you be so self assured that I only play online? In fact, I don't play offline too much because the arcade scene and Blazblue itself are pretty much dead where I live. That doesn't mean I don't know how to play competitively... I've watched pretty much every combo video in youtube and I know what is useful and what isn't.

About the reversals, just bait them. It's not that hard, you know - if you're getting punished every time, air dash in and just block.

*lol face* No that was just for fun, and just to show a broken spirit win.

But Why would you give up the pressure. airdash and block, really? And i don't have a shory, i Main hakumen. But whatever, i don't spam j.B j.A j.B in tourney play, well unless there scrubs. but the thing is, jin has the super list of tools, he does really have to stop attacking, you can remain completely neutral throughout a match, stay at -4 from dash cancels, and win... ask stunedge. so purps just seem stupid to me, because they reset the playing feild from

"jin is in my face, and i can't do to much but block and hope he doesn't know i can't punish a perfect dash cancel from hit 5D. if he keeps this up the first one to make a mistake takes damage"

to

"... did he just give me room to breath?" he has pokes that don't beat out mine, and if he makes an ariel entrance, i will 6A/623 him for 4000 damage."

And how do you bait a reversal? it means it's a counter for what your doing, it won't happen until you do it. in which case, you will be caught by it.

BTW Phoenix, don't airdash with the j.A wiff, to much time for them to realize what's going on. there already close enough for you to do the j.A wiff j.B reset land and dashsplit anything you want.

PhoenixBR is not talking about Jin being "in your face" and then just purple throwing out of nowhere, for no reason. He's talking about air combos into 214D into the corner, into 2C. Normally you could just 623B -> 623A them or something. Or you can jump up and purple throw, and maybe continue pressuring them after they tech it.

But that's the thing, you can't, anyone good understands jin's pokes lacks in comparison to 1 of another members of the cast. No air entrances are acceptable, cause i'll be the first to anti air you, dash in blocking, and i'll green throw or mix up you. Maybe it's because i play hakumen, and i can anti air you in the air. but being close to your opponent with jin is important, why throw it away with a easy to tech throw attempt.

What are you doing after the 623B -> 623A that's so special? I feel like the only thing you're really giving up by going for the purple throw is the guaranteed damage.

Your giving up damage, them being in the air and you on the ground, a stable position with jin's great AA, being close to your opponent, and that's not how i end that combo. mostly after 12 hits i'll and i think it kills but it don't, i'll 6C > dash cancel > 5B < jump cancel > and have the tech into a green throw. I'm just saying, there are lots better options

Just do whatever you feel like then, it's pointless trying to show you how 2C > Purple throw works.

It's not hard to understand that instead of throwing them to the top of the screen with 623B > 623A doesn't give you a favourable position to continue pressure. A tech'd grab, however, puts them back in the corner, where Jin's mixup and pressure game is at it's strongest.

If a Hakumen player keeps using 6A after that, just don't airdash in and attack from the ground instead until they hesitate to AA you. If you feel they're going to use their drive, go for a grab... you get the idea.

Just do whatever you feel like then, it's pointless trying to show you how 2C > Purple throw works.

It's not hard to understand that instead of throwing them to the top of the screen with 623B > 623A doesn't give you a favourable position to continue pressure. A tech'd grab, however, puts them back in the corner, where Jin's mixup and pressure game is at it's strongest.

If a Hakumen player keeps using 6A after that, just don't airdash in and attack from the ground instead until they hesitate to AA you. If you feel they're going to use their drive, go for a grab... you get the idea.

Actually you get plenty of options after launching hitting someone with 623B > 623A.

3C > Purple grab break either leaves you at neutral or a disadvantage.

Side note: Sword pressure should never be used against Haku-men unless it for oki in a corner in which you'll have to jump before his 2D active.

What are those options then? The opponent can easily escape after teching...

If they tech the purple throw, it gives you many options to contiue the pressure. Of course, you'll have to react to your opponent's behavior accordingly. Moves that punish your airdash in usually have a lot of recovery frames or just enough to force them to block if they whiff something

What are those options then? The opponent can easily escape after teching...

On forward tech you can 5B to hit them as they cross over you or 2C. You can also iad j.D to freeze just when you cross them up. Jump up grab works well also since if your successful you can knock them down right back in the corner. 623C works as a cross up also but it's too risky for low reward.

If it's someone that can't really handle Jin in a corner such as a Nu/litchi or noel they would also forward tech air dash in which you can Arrow of Ice or dash 623A.

On backward tech you can either pressure with j.B > j.a whiff air dash and go for a high/low guessing game or if their mash happy on tech then counter/trade with 623A.

On neutral you may get a Haku or bang going for their 6D's or Nu going for 2C to name a few. Thing is almost anything they try can be punish with a well timed 623D for an easy 5-7k damage combo.

However 623B > 623A should never be use on arakune since he just tech then move to the other side for a free cloud.

If they tech the purple throw, it gives you many options to contiue the pressure. Of course, you'll have to react to your opponent's behavior accordingly. Moves that punish your airdash in usually have a lot of recovery frames or just enough to force them to block if they whiff something

For most they can simply jump which would make j.B whiff and if they IB j.C then it's a free punish. Tager for example can beat all your dash attempts with j.C or j.2C if it's too obvious.

It's better to 2C > j.A to force a tech then either jump after and then grab them or if they neutral tech often then meaty j.B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9bTYs0giUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxGt4trAmg

I always seem to struggle against Bang players. Gonna be even more of a problem in CS...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mr7Eh6HTIs

Any way that I could improve? I know I have to improve IB and hit confirm (found out I could have done many C>214B) and I got perfected once but still managed to come out on top in the third video. Keep in mind that all these matches were in a tournament which is a first for me and I was using a stick I'm not used to (Hori EX2).

Any way that I could improve? I know I have to improve IB and hit confirm (found out I could have done many C>214B) and I got perfected once but still managed to come out on top in the third video. Keep in mind that all these matches were in a tournament which is a first for me and I was using a stick I'm not used to (Hori EX2).

1.) Refrain from using j.D cross-ups, you're in a world of shit if it gets reacted to and IB'd.

2.) I couldn't help but notice that you were going for a weird combo after a 5C CH. Something like 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > sJC > j.B > j.C > j.D > (land) 5C > sJC > j.C > 214(?). Does that even work? If it does, how much damage does it reward you with? If you have or are close to having 25 Heat then it's best to go for the 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DC > j.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D > 214D > 2C > 623B > 623A combo for about 4000 damage, 3700 damage if you're not close enough to the corner for the 2C corner follow-ups.

3.) Be very careful when abusing j.B against a grounded Bang, 2D hurts.

4.) Do you know your Sekka-Jin combos? If not then you better learn them as that's the only way to get some decent damage off 5B in the ground.

Other than that, you'll just have to play more Bangs that know what they're doing and learn to react to the various mix-ups. I gotta admit, I too have a problem with Bangs that know what they're doing even though the match is in Jin's favor XD

Edit: I tested out your 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > sJC > j.B > j.C > j.D > (land) 5C > sJC > j.C > 214B combo, it does about 3400 damage. So yeah, it's better to go for the 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DC > j.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D > 214D > 2C > 623B > 623A for the 4000 damage.

1.) Refrain from using j.D cross-ups, you're in a world of shit if it gets reacted to and IB'd.

2.) I couldn't help but notice that you were going for a weird combo after a 5C CH. Something like 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > sJC > j.B > j.C > j.D > (land) 5C > sJC > j.C > 214(?). Does that even work? If it does, how much damage does it reward you with? If you have or are close to having 25 Heat then it's best to go for the 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DC > j.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D > 214D > 2C > 623B > 623A combo for about 4000 damage, 3700 damage if you're not close enough to the corner for the 2C corner follow-ups.

4.) Do you know your Sekka-Jin combos? If not then you better learn them as that's the only way to get some decent damage off 5B in the ground.

Other than that, you'll just have to play more Bangs that know what they're doing and learn to react to the various mix-ups. I gotta admit, I too have a problem with Bangs that know what they're doing even though the match is in Jin's favor XD

Edit: I tested out your 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > sJC > j.B > j.C > j.D > (land) 5C > sJC > j.C > 214B combo, it does about 3400 damage. So yeah, it's better to go for the 5C (CH) > 6C > DC > 5C > 6C > DC > j.B > j.C > JC > j.C > j.D > 214D > 2C > 623B > 623A for the 4000 damage.

NO ME GUSTA PERO QUIERO OKI >:(

Really, jin's corner oki is boss, why would you forgo it for damage :\ Extend the combo as long as possible, and end with 623D or 214D > 2B if you want to spend meter

NO ME GUSTA PERO QUIERO OKI >:(

Really, jin's corner oki is boss, why would you forgo it for damage :\ Extend the combo as long as possible, and end with 623D or 214D > 2B if you want to spend meter

As suggested, I usually go for the 214D > 2B > Tech Trap (jumping grab lol) but that 4000 damage is very tempting. Being close to the corner, then I guess it really is better to just sacrifice the extra 500-something damage from the 214D > 2C > 623B > 623A combo ender and end the combo with a 214B/C for the guaranteed corner pressure.

1.) Ah ok. So should I go for a bait option? Usually when I do IAD j.D, I follow it up with a j.236D if blocked but if it is risky then I guess I better stop doing that.

2.) Style points lol. Didn't really test out damage but I did see Ren do something like that in one of his early matches. I couldn't get the timing down with the 6C>DC>5C>6C>j.B>etc and found it was a lot safer to do the 'stylish' one if I messed up. Also nerves would kick in too but with experience I guess I'll get there.

3.) I love abusing j.B but I think I have a problem where I don't know when to not use it after every jump. Like before, experience will get me there.

4.) Is it really worth doing sekkajin combos? Wouldn't 5B>3C>2B>5C combos be more powerful (even though I barely used it)?

Oh and I don't understand why Bang is near the bottom of the tier list? I seem to find that he is probably the better jack of all trades than Jin.

1.) Ah ok. So should I go for a bait option? Usually when I do IAD j.D, I follow it up with a j.236D if blocked but if it is risky then I guess I better stop doing that.

2.) Style points lol. Didn't really test out damage but I did see Ren do something like that in one of his early matches. I couldn't get the timing down with the 6C>DC>5C>6C>j.B>etc and found it was a lot safer to do the 'stylish' one if I messed up. Also nerves would kick in too but with experience I guess I'll get there.

3.) I love abusing j.B but I think I have a problem where I don't know when to not use it after every jump. Like before, experience will get me there.

4.) Is it really worth doing sekkajin combos? Wouldn't 5B>3C>2B>5C combos be more powerful (even though I barely used it)?

Oh and I don't understand why Bang is near the bottom of the tier list? I seem to find that he is probably the better jack of all trades than Jin.

1.) Bang can just 2D through your j.236D, hell, he can even 2D your j.D. People with DPs can just DP through your j.236D or after they block it since most of us Jins think "lol, +22 on block, here I come to pressure you" but a simple DP will shatter that misconception.

2.) It's not a bad combo as most combos from 5C will do about 3400 damage, meterless, just as the one you were attempting, so go for it.

3.) Most of us Jins have that problem but try baiting their 2Ds and punish them since they'll be expecting a falling j.B, lol.

4.) Sekka-Jin combos do about 2800-3000 meterless, combos from 3C barely scratch the 2500 damage mark even with the 214Ds, so yeah, they're definitely worth it. That and you'll be using them a lot in CS XD

As for Bang being in the bottom, I'm not sure, his max damage output and poor defensive options might have something to do with it.

I realize that BBCS is just around the corner, but it's never too late to brush up on fundamentals right? Anyway, I've been playing BB for months now, but am hitting a wall in terms of progress. I have trouble hit-confirming/keeping up pressure. Any attempts to pressure usually ends with Jin taking a dp or Ragna's 5B to the face :vbang: Any tips for leveling up those skills would be more than appreciated.

vs. Ragna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw9hxrdO0r4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S06Dhq_dqE

vs. Tager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWfR1XkxwuU

I realize that BBCS is just around the corner, but it's never too late to brush up on fundamentals right? Anyway, I've been playing BB for months now, but am hitting a wall in terms of progress. I have trouble hit-confirming/keeping up pressure. Any attempts to pressure usually ends with Jin taking a dp or Ragna's 5B to the face :vbang: Any tips for leveling up those skills would be more than appreciated.

vs. Ragna:

vs. Tager:

one of the ways to practice fit confirm is to go to training and set the enemy to block randomly.

as for pressure.... depends, on barrier you can (5C>2D)xN>6C>dash cancel> tick throw,

5C>5D>dash cancel>5C>JB>wait>JC>land>2B>5C>5D> tick throw etc. just set the dummy to block and just stay on him. also 236D is good pressure.

vs. Ragna:

vs. Tager:

just go to practice and train yourself on your moves...program yourself to do it.

also be unpredictable in what you do...that tager was mashing shit man.

just practice practice practice.

also 5C>2DxN isn't very good 2D is too easy to IB and punish smooshman...and I could punish it with people thats not tager or haku.

also 5C>2DxN isn't very good 2D is too easy to IB and punish smooshman...and I could punish it with people thats not tager or haku.

I said on barrier, since it increases blockstun and moves you back to range to 2D which moves you back in range for 5C etc. it works as a gimmick and you can probably do it 2 times before they figure out to stop barrier guarding, then you 6C>dash cancel> tick throw.

You seen to have a habit of going for 6C off any freeze.

j.D>6C only links close to ground or on CH.

5D counter hit only, otherwise ice car or dash 5C near corner.

As for pressure, try not to use 5D in a block string to often and when you do avoid using his dash cancel unless you feel like like wasting 50 meter on a 25/75 dp chance.

Use jabs to feel out for barrier, remember that 5B,2B,5C and 2C are jump cancelable on block in case you see someone with a DP or tager IBing.

Don't do something gimmicky like using a DP in your own block string (mainly during 6C), that is only showing that your thinking down on your opponent, also work on your oki.

I said on barrier, since it increases blockstun and moves you back to range to 2D which moves you back in range for 5C etc. it works as a gimmick and you can probably do it 2 times before they figure out to stop barrier guarding, then you 6C>dash cancel> tick throw.

and you think they aren't gonna barrier IB then rush in and punish you for trying...the moment 2D gets IB'd your gonna get punished.

online that would work because reaction becomes closer to prediction...trust me on this...dumb jin's think that people can't punish regardless...and if they are barrier blocking then you should get in unless you feel like eating something for it...

when people do that I lol because its so many ways out of it..its not even funny...not a good gimmick IMO...

p.s I sub jin...

and you think they aren't gonna barrier IB then rush in and punish you for trying...the moment 2D gets IB'd your gonna get punished.

online that would work because reaction becomes closer to prediction...trust me on this...dumb jin's think that people can't punish regardless...and if they are barrier blocking then you should get in unless you feel like eating something for it...

when people do that I lol because its so many ways out of it..its not even funny...not a good gimmick IMO...

p.s I sub jin...

actually IIRC 2D is a + on block, and the bonus blockstun they get might be enough.... and it's not like I said to do it a lot, just once or twice.