Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

Not bad, I take it that you got to practice CSII Jin in casuals or something? You did pretty good, just remember to be careful when approaching Mu from the air because 2C CH and 6A hurt. Jin is pretty similar to his former self as long as frame advantage is concerned. The one notable change is that 6A is -4 instead of -16.

I should be able to play this game in an offline gathering on Monday and hopefully get somebody to record some matches while we're at it. Screw waiting for the patch lol.

mainly id say to check out the combo thread and master those combos

also barrier block when in the air, never roll backwards when in the corner, don't throw out empty 6c its very unsafe, and don't use fubuki b outside of combos that much.

Um, don't do 3c into 214c. 3c into 214b connects easier. Do not use sekkajin on a 6b counter, link it into 6c. Practice 2D>6B >Sekkajin, 6c > 214C. Ragnas 214A is safe but not the follow up, and you can do a 5C counter pretty easily or a 6C counter if he is close enough. It also sounds like you are mashing a lot on tech and not blocking afterwards.

thanks for responding guys. feel free to post anything you can think of.

Work on your execution and hit-confirms, work on your combos since you could have gone for the DP C loop when you landed that 236D (lol), and I wouldn't recommend using the j.236D > 6C "reset", only people who are sleeping get with that. If you really want to go for AUB resets then try this one out since it's meter free.

lol yeah that dp was pretty random. thanks for the advice guys. Im so used to CS1 jin that i dont always try and maximize my damage.

5b>5c>6c if you get air hit or crouching. Understand that you will get bursted and also learn jins bnb 5b>5c>sekkajin,6c>2d>6c 214c or dash 5b>5c>3c>214b(or 214c character dependent). If your in the air barrier block, get use to that. Don't use 2C as pick for tech, use 2A or 2B. 632146D is much better on air counter hit than 632146C will ever be.

bad

I hate to agree with this but there's really no way to sugar-coat it. You have to work on basically everything: hit-confirms, spacing, risk/reward decisions, etc.

My second post in this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEITV6Oe68

Do your worst (without flaming me too bad). Specific tips or suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

I feel like I just don't know what to do in my block strings and mid screen combos. I usually just autopilot 5b > 5c > 5d until I hit with 5d so I can combo into 214d. I also have trouble with j.c > JC > j.2c > 214c. Can't seem to pull that off. Thanks for your time.

same as teh last guy, if you cant do j.c>dj.2c>j.214c then go for hj.c>j.2c>dj.2c>j.214b, more dmg and meter too

Hiya.

Looking to get some advice on how to be a better Jin. I'm currently stuck in a loop just doing the same comfortable things over and over and I really have a hard time breaken out of the habits. Looking for ways to score more dmg and too improve my ground game and mixups (having real trouble here).

Things I know I should be doing is going into Sekkajin more often and learn to confirm crouching opponents for 5C -> 6C.

Anyway... recorded some matches and love some input, thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbttJ5_eadY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0wcHB4D06s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTKsDRmD9M

first things first master your combos, you opened your opponent up a lot but never got any great damage off of it.

EDIT: one more thing when fighting a hazama with 50 heat and you don't have a burst the risk vs reward of doing a c dp against a defending opponent to try and catch him mashing is ridiculous im pretty sure he couldve killed you with a punish if he knew his combos