Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CT-CSE] Critique my Jin Thread. Post videos of yourself playing and get advice

yes, I just had several matches with DJ Blactricity, definitely the main thing is to hitconfirm crouching combos and stop getting hit by my shameless 623D spam =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4SBk1gbnYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGILIXp9TRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoGAzIENwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ8_bRxWl00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txFTk61ALds

Lots of vid references with one of the matchups I hate most, Lambda. Also included a Mu one as well. Some I win some I don't.

I did learn a few things some time after the recordings is that when lambda does 214D best place to be is right on top of him where I can either attack or bait or cross up.

Anyone want to "critique my Jin?"

ehhhh you're kinda all over the place sometimes and you tend to drop stuff and end up failing to improvise, like the throw in the corner where you 623B after 3rd hit =/ a way to improvise that would be 214C or 214D

you shouldnt really throw out 6C>6B too often against characters with full invinicibility DPs and your approach got pretty predictable

im not great against sword spammers either but......stop trying to trade swords? >_> she has better reach than jin but when she goes for spike swords close up you should be able to IAD j.C>j.D or w/e you want to do

you shouldnt really throw out 6C>6B too often against characters with full invinicibility DPs

Hell, you really shouldn't use that gatling at all if possible, I usually stuff those with an IB > 5B > Air Combo.

I see that you sometimes just randomly throw out j.Bs; I don't know what you were trying to accomplish with that as they would obviously miss. That Lambda could have even punished you for it. You could have also just stuffed her 214Ds with 2D when you were pinned against the corner in the first match.

I'll watch the rest of the videos later.

Thanks for input guys! Lambda is one awkward matchup for me but those matches were from a while ago and I think it was at night when I was half yawning.

I think I need to work on some of those pressures. Have learnt a lot since then. Will post some new fresh vids in the days to come.

watched most of first vid.

lets see, where to start off...

#1 block more and you tend to block bursts well but you don't punish at all

#2 work on hit conforming and work on crossups, you were throwing out alot of random stuff like that 6B on block which has +3 and you ended up trying to run away after doing it/ the time where you hit 6B on crouching and did nothing......

#3 learn more efficient combos, getting a 2D means you can net around 3k with 6C>DC>5C>6C>DC>j.C>JC>j.2C>j.214D>6C>214C

#4 stop using 6A after midscreen hiyoku do 6C>623B or j.214C

#5 work on keeping them in corner, your blockstrings are too short and you don't bother to tick throw them when you should

#6 stop mashing out 2D because you'll get raped if you whiff

#7 work on your reactions because you tend to stand and do nothing

#8 btw that guy using noel didnt actually use 5D that much he tends to use the command throw or w/e that move is alot

Donavan,

1) pure 6A after super? Do you do that to limit his wake up to ground? If that, then you should at least cancel 6A to 236C. That way when they wake up, they have shit flying right in their face and you rushing them.

2) You can DP noel while she is using D block strings.

3) vs Drive happy Noels, just run up to them and grab, don't hit.

She is totally unfair as a character though, risk reward for her invincible drive start up is stupid good.

Ain't nothin wrong with 6A after hiyoku...leaves them right in your face and you have more oki off of 6A then j.214. No?

cancel 6A to 236C

Definitely not recommended. 236C has 39 startup frame and recovery lasts forever, while emergency tech after 6A is 32 frame. Every character can mash 2A out, not to mention Noel has a single button reversal.

run up to them and grab

No. If the Noel press 2D, Jin can kiss his ass goodbye already. So this won't work even against drive happy Noels. And smart Noels are not drive happy.

She is totally unfair as a character though, risk reward for her invincible drive start up is stupid good.

:psyduck: do we even play the same game.

btw after D super, if you can 6A then it means you can 214C, don't even bother with j.214C. 6A and 214C basically gives the same knockdown with about same recovery (27 if you whiff throw after 6A, 30 if you 214C) so go with the higher damage option, 214C.

Definitely not recommended. 236C has 39 startup frame and recovery lasts forever, while emergency tech after 6A is 32 frame. Every character can mash 2A out, not to mention Noel has a single button reversal.
I never tried that finish, and didn't notice off the bat that recovery after 6A is instant, so you are probably correct.

No. If the Noel press 2D, Jin can kiss his ass goodbye already. So this won't work even against drive happy Noels. And smart Noels are not drive happy.
It's a guess game, hence throws can be mixed in vs drive-happy noels, and Noel he played was very drive happy.

do we even play the same game.
You think tapping one button and unleashing 4K+ damage reward combo is not stupid good?

do you really think her 5D is overpowered? it's not. The invincibility frames don't go all teh way to hte first active frame which means you can hit her before her 5D actually hits you.

watched most of first vid.

lets see, where to start off...

#1 block more and you tend to block bursts well but you don't punish at all

#2 work on hit conforming and work on crossups, you were throwing out alot of random stuff like that 6B on block which has +3 and you ended up trying to run away after doing it/ the time where you hit 6B on crouching and did nothing......

#3 learn more efficient combos, getting a 2D means you can net around 3k with 6C>DC>5C>6C>DC>j.C>JC>j.2C>j.214D>6C>214C

#4 stop using 6A after midscreen hiyoku do 6C>623B or j.214C

#5 work on keeping them in corner, your blockstrings are too short and you don't bother to tick throw them when you should

#6 stop mashing out 2D because you'll get raped if you whiff

#7 work on your reactions because you tend to stand and do nothing

#8 btw that guy using noel didnt actually use 5D that much he tends to use the command throw or w/e that move is alot

1.I usually play pretty defensive againse noel, and yeah I never punish burst for shit

2.yeah I screw up on hit confirms at times, like if I go for a block string but I get a hit confirm where I could follow up the combo, I continue the blockstring

3.my 2D combos are shit

4.6A after arrows leads to oki which is why I tend to use it ALOT

5.I play very cautious against noel, which is why you see me dropping blockstrings, because I think he can 5D throw it or 2D.

6.I use that too much as a random poke

7.agreed

Donavan,

1) pure 6A after super? Do you do that to limit his wake up to ground? If that, then you should at least cancel 6A to 236C. That way when they wake up, they have shit flying right in their face and you rushing them.

2) You can DP noel while she is using D block strings.

3) vs Drive happy Noels, just run up to them and grab, don't hit.

1) yea 6A for the oki, though if they block 236C I'm fucked

2)236C, it'll work unless noel use that Drive move(forgot the name) where she twist back and make the flame come out the ground, which is her fatal, so I tend to not DP during her drive string because of that

3) yeah theres always grab lol

and unfair? idk. I know I hate the hell out of 5D.

Not too bad, just ease up on using 623B as a "frame-trap" after blocked 3Cs and 6Cs. That and I notice that you'll often opt to use 3C combos as opposed to Sekka-Jin combos. They both lead to the j.D > (air dash) j.2C > j.C > (dashing) 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C but the one from Sekka-Jin does more damage. I guess that you're afraid that the last hit of Sekka-Jin might miss but that's why you shouldn't use it if you don't have dashing/6B's momentum.

you look like you're just mashing 6C as much as you can vs Hazama, when they whiff a chain thats your chance to get in with a poke and you blindly run into his poor man's DP alot so practice blocking and punishing that since it's like -20 on block. Against Bang, well it's Bang so nothing really much to say since they can do 4k with 5A....

I think you should've gone for oki after the 623d to his houtenjin, rather than burning meter to do mediocre damage for 75% meter, hazama doesnt have reversals without meter on wakeup, and corner trapping him would've been best at the time, because you had the meter to do a decent combo to finish him

You could've also reacted to hazama's overheads a little better, they're always 50/50 but 214d~a is really simple to block once you know he has that option

I also think you were a bit too jumpy against hazama

Yeah both of you guys were right. Although it was a match against Zeero...you know how it feels to play against Zeero, don't you, Linear?

The only thing I think isn't true is that, besides when Hazama is against the corner, is that when his DP is blocked, he is not safe. In fact, he is quite safe because of that damn push back. Jin can't reach that distance quick enough to punish him. Unless you IB of course.

As for mashing 6C...it's this habit of mine whenever I see someone in the air...

Also, thanks for the advice, Moi and souseta.

The biggest problem I see is that you aren't sure if a move is going to work or not in your blockstrings. You don't hit confirm too well either to get the biggest damage you can.

I saw this right from the start of the first video. The Bang player used 2D in the middle of your pressure. I don't know if it was on reaction or not, but you used 2B and got a counter hit, then you proceeded to 5C. With him being crouching, naturally someone would follow up with 6C. But you were too slow. Almost like you didn't know you actually hit him until it was too late. There are more examples of this, but you get the idea.

You seem to love risky options too. I'm sure an instant blocked 2C would get you killed if you used it in your blockstrings all day. Same with your dps.

You also love to use 3C. If blocked, it instantly ends your pressure. DPing after them only gets you so far.

Against, the Hazama player, you looked so lost. Respect the dp sure, but don't give them a free way out of pressure either. Actually, that was a regular occurrence while you were playing against the Bang as well, as seen in the third video. You would constantly try to bait out the drives, and he didn't do them most of the time. This gave him an easy way out of pressure. You should stick with safe pressure strings and throw, jump cancel, or dp on reaction against D spammers. Bang has terrible defense but you weren't capitalizing on that.

Lastly, you need to go for higher damage in some situations. For example, you hit the hazama player with a beautiful CH 6C when he was feinting his chains too much. You could have gotten a lot more damage off of it than you actually did.

I can't really comment on your defense. The Hazama was being unsafe but I don't think you know the match-up. And the Bang player didn't have solid pressure either, it was mostly random.

Thanks MetalSonic. But most of the stuff you described is just me with tournament proration and nervousness. I assure you I don't play like that during casuals, lol.

For the CH 6C, what combo would you have done there?

sonic's combo is usually what you'd want to do, but can lead into hirensou loop if you get close enough to corner for 6D